ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Tell the Truth

vmax

Ok....there's 2:14 left on the clock in the 4th quarter. Ravens down by 4. It's 4th and 3 at the Ravens 42.

Joe hits Daniels for 17 yards to the NE 41. 2 minute warning.

How many of you thought a miracle finish was about to happen and the Ravens were about to win this game?

raise-your-hand.jpg

Yep, until threw the ill advised pass to Torrey. Wished we had the 2:00 over and tried to methodically move the ball from the 36, rather than going for it there. And to Torrey of all guys. He gives up on the ball too quick. Smith Sr. would have at least knocked the ball loose.

Even had we scored, Brady would have had nearly 2:00 to score.

Hindsight is 20-20 right ?

Yep, until threw the ill advised pass to Torrey. Wished we had the 2:00 over and tried to methodically move the ball from the 36, rather than going for it there. And to Torrey of all guys. He gives up on the ball too quick. Smith Sr. would have at least knocked the ball loose.

Even had we scored, Brady would have had nearly 2:00 to score.

Hindsight is 20-20 right ?

Torrey gave a good effort to knock it loose... I just think he could have actually gone for the ball, not the man

Torrey looked like he slowed down to break it up rather than continuing to run and fight for the ball. He disappointed me on that play.

But I also agree that it wasn't the right play to call with how we'd been moving with intermediate and short passes on that drive before then.

The Ravens played up to their potential but the secondary just had too many freaking injuries this year.

A real valiant effort, I thought, and I'm proud of the team.

I sure expected a win til the very last play. Plenty of time but Joe over threw

Torrey who was open

It still took a trick play and a lot of deception and cheating for NE to win on

a play the NFL had never seen before - a quick snap on a substitution

before the REFs could inform Ravens of the substitution.

Thats why we call him Bellicheat.

I was certain they would come back after Joe hits Owen for the 1st down. All credit to the safety who got over there in time. He was lined up inside the hash as a single high. The pass was an inch or so too far inside, but still should have been caught or had a better play on the ball been done.

In any event, two 14 point leads blown, yes, I think it is clear the defense is the issue, not the offense.

All in all a great game, a great season. :gorave:

But why even take a shot down field with 1:40 still on the clock? Just think how we would feel if Torrey made the catch, then Tammy drives the length of the field for the game winner. Bad play call on whomevers part, bad clock management.

I agree. The Ravens are at the 41. Plenty of time and they could run and throw.

Then again...what got them to the 41? A 4th and 3 conversion...kind of desperate because they couldn't move the chains....so I think Joe wanted to strike and to a TD any time, any way he could. If it's there going conservative and trying to run clock might not be such a good thing.

So he took the shot.

No he actually didn't he intercepted that pass with very little effort, a little hand slap at best.

He gave the guy as good a shove/body check as any of or dbs do in that situation ( which might not be saying much)

He gave the guy as good a shove/body check as any of or dbs do in that situation ( which might not be saying much)

In that situation, Torrey has to turn into a defender, he needs to leap up in the air, wave his hands anything, if he gets an interference call then so be it, at least we still j

Have the ball.

In that situation, Torrey has to turn into a defender, he needs to leap up in the air, wave his hands anything, if he gets an interference call then so be it, at least we still j

Have the ball.

I agree and I thought he could have done more. I just meant, he went hard at the player as he caught it. Just thought he made the wrong choice as to where to put his energy.

So now we have a "Good Torrey/Bad Torrey".

He has made so many fantastic, game winning plays. His presence forces defenses to play the Ravens honest...but he's not the complete package.

He is one outstanding individual off the field and I really like him. I want him back...at Ozzies right price.

Torrey will find it hard to get a lot of high dollar interest elsewhere because his game and skill set requires a QB who can throw deep accurately. Few of those kinds of QB's in the league.

Not to pile on Torrey, but from my vantage point I don't think he had a good game run blocking at all. Forsett had lots of yardage left on that field because Torrey failed to block his guy on a few plays. I thought all the other receivers gave a great effort run blocking. What do I know.

Mike Wallace got $60M from the Dolphins to be a pure deep threat (Wallace said he turned down $75M from the Vikings too). Torrey has every right to ask for that kind of money, that's what the market dictates. I want Torrey back. He's one of those players that goes beyond the football field for the organization. He's wildly popular, I think Ozzie finds a way. I also think Torrey's best football is still ahead of him.

Torrey had a bad day, letting his defenders get into his head. Two personal fouls and a half hearted effort to catch the ball in the end zone. A great effort, at the least, ensures that no one catches that ball. Not a good day for Torrey.