ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Now that Kubes is gone ....

varaven45

Does Zorn run a west coast offense? If not forget it. This teams

offense flourished on the ground and in the air with the west coast/Kubiak directed offense. I would like to see a young up and comer armed with a west coast background. If a west coast offensive coordinator reviews last years offensive calls it should reveal what Kubiaks plans were. Armed with that information move forward with scheme. I for one am tired of our coaches being picked off every year.Kubiak was over qualified thus it was inevitable he would soon depart. We need an intelligent young under the radar type with a west coast background.

Does Zorn run a west coast offense? If not forget it. This teams

offense flourished on the ground and in the air with the west coast/Kubiak directed offense. I would like to see a young up and comer armed with a west coast background. If a west coast offensive coordinator reviews last years offensive calls it should reveal what Kubiaks plans were. Armed with that information move forward with scheme. I for one am tired of our coaches being picked off every year.Kubiak was over qualified thus it was inevitable he would soon depart. We need an intelligent young under the radar type with a west coast background.

Yes, Zorn runs the WCO. He's a disciple of Mike Holmgren.

Ideally Mike Shanahan would be the best candidate if he wants to get back into coaching. Pat Kirwan speculated being an OC could be what Shanahan wants at this point in his career. Gets to focus on the offense, and fills the coaching itch without he pressure of being a HC.

Here's my dilemma: do you hire the best OC candidate frost runs out current system, or do you hire the best PC candidate outright even if it means changing the system again?

Mike Shanahan is a good choice. I'd like to see him here. Shanahan would be staying here for a while too. Jim Zorn is available. Greg Knapp is a possibility. But Zorn is a former pro qb and that plus his previous work with Joe has to be a plus. He's also 62 so he'd be staying here for a while maybe for good.. He turned Matt Hasselback into a Pro Bowl qb.

But, I'm not sure if Harbs dislikes Zorn for some reason. He did fire the guy after one season with Joe (who liked working with him).

This really sucks that all the best fits for us are going. All that's left with one exception is guys that have been rejected everywhere else like Gase.

If I were king, I'd go after Mike Shanahan.

This is what happens to a successful franchise like the Ravens. And I agree with you 100%. Mike Shanahan.

Every year it's a big raid on the Ravens front office....if they can't get anyone there, then they raid the coaching staff....then they over pay for the Free Agents.

It's a real compliment. They want what the Ravens have.

On Kubiak...it has to be a money thing. They are not winning any SB's with Manning or any of his back ups. Then CAP Jail is right around the corner.

Maybe he also has a bad taste in his mouth...unfinished business as a HC. He couldn't take some very deep and talented Houston teams all the way. If it wasn't for the Bengal,s he'd join a long list of 1 and done'rs. He probably wants another shot...you only live once right?

I really like Kubiak. Good character and great OC. As a HC...not so sure but he is the best candidate out there.

Oh...you have to remember: The Ravens set themselves up for this. They knew last year they couldn't keep Gary long...and they knew he'd take his assistants.

Mike Shanahan is a good choice. I'd like to see him here. Shanahan would be staying here for a while too. Jim Zorn is available. Greg Knapp is a possibility. But Zorn is a former pro qb and that plus his previous work with Joe has to be a plus. He's also 62 so he'd be staying here for a while maybe for good.. He turned Matt Hasselback into a Pro Bowl qb.

But, I'm not sure if Harbs dislikes Zorn for some reason. He did fire the guy after one season with Joe (who liked working with him).

Zorn and Cam didn't get along so Zorn got the ax.

Mike Shanahan is definitely the number one choice, but I wouldn't mind Gase as OC and Knapp as QB coach.

Good article by Preston on this....

It's hard to replace a coordinator like Kubiak, who had the greatest offensive mind in Baltimore since Ted Marchibroda.

It's even harder when the cupboard is bare. A year ago when the Ravens were looking for a coordinator, there was a wish list that included candidates like Norv Turner, Scott Linehan, Kyle Shanahan and even Kubiak.

And now the go-to list includes former Chicago Bears head coach Marc Trestman and former Denver offensive coordinator Adam Gase. Trestman has impressive credentials and is well respected around the league. He is quiet, unassuming and cerebral, much like Kubiak. If the Ravens could sign him, that would be a great hire.

Gase's best work has been in Denver, where he has been an assistant since 2009, but what's his offense? Is it his or whatever quarterback Peyton Manning wanted?http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-sp-preston-ravens-0120-20150119-column.html