ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Should be a RB in here for Ravens

vmax

Follow the rookies

The 2015 draft isn't anything like the 2014 draft in terms of running back talent. That's a good thing. This year the position is well-stocked with very good players. Here's a glance at the backs who could work their way onto your Fantasy rosters.

Todd Gurley, Georgia: Gurley is the kind of home-run hitter that Chris Johnson used to be but in a bigger body with very good hands and quickness. You might think that whoever takes him is taking a chance because he tore his ACL in November, but when's the last time a torn ACL torpedoed a running back's career?

Melvin Gordon, Wisconsin: It's a little bit by default but he's the most NFL-ready back in the draft. Gordon has excellent size and speed. He had some help from a very good offensive line in college but he does a lot of the little things that makes a running back great.

Tevin Coleman, Indiana: Big, physical, fast. He's not always a patient runner (bumps into his O-line and gets tackled in the backfield) and he runs tall but he has workhorse potential if he can scrape past a tandem situation sort of like Jeremy Hill did in 2014.

Duke Johnson, Miami (Fla.): Maybe a little undersized, Johnson is a very good fit as a back in a zone blocking offense, particularly one with West Coast principles because he can catch the ball. His burst is great but sometimes his vision isn't. Ultimately he's a tough, compact runner who can make defenders miss. He'll likely begin working in a tandem.

Ameer Abdullah, Nebraska: Abdullah has good burst and could be a dynamo in a zone blocking scheme thanks to his terrific cutting ability. He's a little small and isn't the best blocker, so he might not ascend to an every-down role right away.

T.J. Yeldon, Alabama: The dude is a beast but it felt like he used his size to bully over college defenses, something that won't work as often in the pros. He has good speed, especially for his size, but isn't a burner like the rest of the guys in his rookie class.http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasyfootball/story/25017280/offseason-extra-potential-rb-destinations-in-2015

This article also covers all the current RB's on NFL rosters who might break free.

temp2014RavensBest012--nfl_mezz_1280_102

Edited by vmax

I'd like to have Forsett back but they must get the Heir Apparent this year. If justin goes down, there is nobody who can make the kind of impact he made on their roster right now.

temp2014RavensBest080--nfl_mezz_1280_102

I think they need to draft a RB but they do have Tolly also.

I like Tallifarro...but they need a RB to team up with him and a RB that teams will fear.

I like that kid from Wisconsin.

This draft is loaded with RBs and we are going to be able to pick up a good one again sometime from the 3rd round onwards. If we get any comp picks in the 3rd round then spending one on a RB wouldn't be a waste. There are a number of guys with good vision, can catch the ball and have some burst that will be perfect for the WCO that we want to run.

There is no reason to waste money on Forsett. Let him test the market and if no big offers are forthcoming then move for him. Otherwise, thanks for the season JF and good luck.

Coleman would be my pick but I'm biased!

He should be a good one, but Duke Johnson would be my pick. He has the right attitude to both work hard/play hard, and also be a great team player. I'm just not sure where he goes and frankly, I think rb should be their least concern, pending Forsett. Even with him they should look to improve. Tal is ok, should be better with a year under him, but the rest are not very good at all. Forsett could also be one of those one year wonders we have seen over the years, so I would tread lightly with him....

What rounds are you talking? I wouldn't touch a rb before the 4th round.

This may be the most difficult draft to determine where these backs will go. You know the draft well, once one position goes, there seems to be a run on then,

The top backs, Gurley, Gordon, and to some extent Yeldon, should go in the middle to late first round, possibly even the 2nd. The rest of them, middle to late second possible, but likely not until the 3rd or 4th round.

I just hope the Ravens, Ozzie, don't decide Yeldon is the "best player available" in the 2nd or even 3rd round. While he is good, he has bad wheels, runs too high, very prone to injury and tries to make the big run on every play often leading to lost yardage.