ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Justin Forsett by Justin Forsett

cravnravn

This time last year -- on March 11, 2014, to be exact -- I was released by the Jacksonville Jaguars, my fourth team in six years. My career was in limbo. All I had to stand on was word from my agent that the Baltimore Ravens were interested -- but I didn't hear back from them for some time. So while I worked hard to stay in shape, I also prepared to make the next step, taking on internships, doing some job-shadowing at the league office, building relationships and getting ready for whatever was coming.

I had to come to grips with the reality of my situation. Jacksonville had let me go, yes -- but in the long run, I'd beaten the odds. I was a former seventh-round draft pick who'd played six years in the NFL. I'd learned a lot. I had grown as a man and an individual. I love football, but if I wasn't going to get another chance on the field, I was determined to be successful at something else.

http://www.nfl.com/freeagency/story/0ap3000000478599/article/what-i-wanted-most-in-free-agency-and-why-i-stayed-a-raven

I don't understand what we were are doing this year on offense. What type of offense are we running? I thought they said they wanted to keep kubiaks offense but how can you hire a new coordinator and tell him to run the old coordinators offense?

Obviously Forsett was the right guy for Kubiacs offense but how do we know what he will become in Tressmans office??

$2.1 mil signing bonus, http://touch.baltimoresun.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-83049203/

Forsett has a total of $3 million guaranteed in the contract, with his $900,000 base salary for 2015 fully guaranteed for skill, salary cap and injury. That means that he makes $3 million this year regardless of his play, roster status and health.

His salary-cap figure for 2015 is $1.6 million, which includes the $900,000 base salary plus a third of the proration of his signing bonus........

.......has base salaries of $3 million in 2016 and 2017. Those salaries aren't guaranteed.

Forsett can make an additional $1.5 million in the deal through $500,000 bonuses for annual rushing yards plus team qualifiers.

I don't understand what we were are doing this year on offense. What type of offense are we running? I thought they said they wanted to keep kubiaks offense but how can you hire a new coordinator and tell him to run the old coordinators offense?

Obviously Forsett was the right guy for Kubiacs offense but how do we know what he will become in Tressmans office??

I think people are putting too much into this. Kubiak brought over a WCO. Trestman runs a WCO offense as well, maybe with a couple of different variations. Trestman is a smart guy who utilizes the talent he has. Blocking scheme is the same, Forsett will be just fine.