ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Man, Ngata is one bitter mutha

TBird

First he said he would be willing to restructure when he arrived in Detroit so he could stay in

the game. He was unable to do that here so Ravens traded him and thus the insult.

Now he's at it again saying this is some defense. He never played on anything like it or words

to that effect.

Haloti Ngata caused something of a kerfuffle in Ravenstown with his recent statement that he has “never been part of a defense like this,” meaning the Detroit Lions’ unit, for which he now toils after being traded by the Ravens in March.

Eisenberg believes he wasn't bad mouthing his former teammates and system because he won

a SB ring and always got into the POs with that system and played with stars like Ray and Suggs

just to mention two. He was just comparing styles and Eisenberg wrote a patronizing article to

us about it.

Perhaps he was just trying to jive up his new teammates but he just should have kept his mouth

shut.

He's sounding mighty bitter.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/--Eisenberg-Haloti-Ngatas-Statements-Were-Misinterpreted/b5fab245-73b7-4d1a-94cc-a7f0d40821b7

You're making something out of nothing. He's not bitter. He said he likes this Detroit defense. They were # 2 last season. Maybe there's something to that.

Just 24 months ago he was on the champs and sporting a new SB ring.

Det hasn't won championship in 57 years. He played on a lot of those great Ravens Ds with Ray and Suggs.

He really needs to keep his mouth shut. On second thought, it's the off season so he's probably

bored in Shit City.

:bleh:

His remarks seemed to have been taken out of context. He apparently was saying he never had been in the type of defense they played.

OK, I'll re-phrase my statement to he's probably just kissing the asses of these great stars in Shit City.

“It’s exciting [to be in Detroit], man. I’ve never been a part of a defense like this. You have so many athletes: J.J., Ziggy, Caraun, Darryl Tapp. You just have so many playmakers all over the front on the D-line. I’m just excited to be a part of it.”

This:

Yeah except Haloti was on our 2006 squad who could HARDLY be called "bend but don't break." That 2006 defense was one of the most dynamic, attacking and turnover producing squads I have ever seen.

2006 Ravens: 201 pts allowed (1st); 4225 total yards allowed (1st); 4.5 yards per offensive play (1st); 28 INTs (1st); 5.3 net yards per pass (2nd); 3.3 net yards per rush (2nd); 236 total first downs allowed (2nd); 60 sacks (2nd); 40 turnovers (2nd)

2014 Lions: 282 pts allowed (3rd); 4815 total yards allowed (2nd); 4.9 yards per offensive play (4th); 20 INTs (3rd); 5.8 net yards per pass (5th); 3.2 net yards per rush (1st); 310 total first downs (13th); 42 sacks (8th); 27 turnovers (8th)

Detroit has a really strong defense, but to say he's never been a part of a defense like theirs is just silly. Unless he's actually giving a sly compliment to how GREAT our defenses have been.

This:

Yeah except Haloti was on our 2006 squad who could HARDLY be called "bend but don't break." That 2006 defense was one of the most dynamic, attacking and turnover producing squads I have ever seen.

2006 Ravens: 201 pts allowed (1st); 4225 total yards allowed (1st); 4.5 yards per offensive play (1st); 28 INTs (1st); 5.3 net yards per pass (2nd); 3.3 net yards per rush (2nd); 236 total first downs allowed (2nd); 60 sacks (2nd); 40 turnovers (2nd)

2014 Lions: 282 pts allowed (3rd); 4815 total yards allowed (2nd); 4.9 yards per offensive play (4th); 20 INTs (3rd); 5.8 net yards per pass (5th); 3.2 net yards per rush (1st); 310 total first downs (13th); 42 sacks (8th); 27 turnovers (8th)

Detroit has a really strong defense, but to say he's never been a part of a defense like theirs is just silly. Unless he's actually giving a sly compliment to how GREAT our defenses have been.

That 2006 defense was my favorite defense to watch in Ravens history. Yes, the 2000 defense is considered the greatest of all time, but the 2006 defense was flashy with picks, sacks, defensive touchdowns, it had a lot of swag. Also, the '06 defense played in the passing era with QBs like Brady and Manning very much at the height of their success. The '00 defense was just before the league transitioned into what it is today. Maybe I was just young and don't remember as well, so someone please correct me if I'm off base.

Looking back in Ravens history: 2011 and 2006 were years we should have won the Super Bowl. We had such complete teams those years and got so close. The what if game is fun, but I feel it evens out, the 2012 team had no business being in the Super Bowl.

Best post of the thread and you're right, they had no business being in SB just like they had no business being in

playoffs last year with Jimmy out and Webbie before that and all those other guys. Yet it took a trick play and some

cheating and deflated footballs to beat them.

Getting in SB47 makes up for not getting in on the Lee Evans drop, just 25 seconds from the SB and then the

Billy Goat miss with 9 secs left.

That and the 2006 were our SBs and we would have won them.

After studying his statement further, me thinks Ngata is referring as the style being the 4-3 instead of the

3-4 he was used to here where he had to take up 2 blockers all the time but that's gonna happen wherever

he is on the field. They're still gonna put a RB or someone else on him.

If that's what he meant he should have been more specific about it.

A lot of fans were upset over this although many are not understanding what he meant but he still would

have been better off not saying anything at all.

Sounds like sour grapes for being traded which was another great move.

With the 5th pick we got for him, Oz used it to trade up to steal Maxx from the Squeelers. He's projected to

have around 500 yds and about 6 TDs as a rookie.

The 4th pick we got for him turned out to be Zadarius Smith. Ozzied grunted in the war room when Pissburgh

got Dupree but Smith made him go taking up blockers. He can play with his hand down in the dirt or

dropping back into coverage.

He's gonna be like a Journigan surprise last year. Mark my words.

Thanks Ngata.

Bingo, nothing to write about so people make something out of nothing... move along, nothing to see here.

Nobody would have been upset if he had been more specific like never playing in a 4-3 D.

Instead, it sounds like he's slapping a bunch of HOFers.

Let's see if does as well in this new system he loves so much like Hartwell and so many other Ravens that left the

system.

Ellerbe is already gone from MIami. Kruger had just 1 sack his first year in Cleveland after 9 in Bmore

and 2 in SB47 and he is still playing in situational d0wns which he bitched about upon leaving Bmore.

Bart Scott went from 14 sacks his last two years in Baltimore to 2 in his first 2 yrs in NY. He had total of 7 in 6 years there.

Adelius Thomas was perhaps the biggest Ravens bust outside the system up in NE in one of Bellicheat's bigger mistakes.

No.

I think DET is waiting to see how he turns out but he's still getting the full $16M.

That would have counted vs our CAP ceiling if he stayed. We saved $8.5M. Then Sugges restructured plus

a couple of others so we were able to sign Kendrick Lewis and others to build up the secondary.

We're about $7M-$8M under the cap.

As mentioned Ravens got Maxx and Zadarius Smith in the draft from DET's pics - a 4th and 5th rounders

for trading Ngata.

The Ravens will be fine without Ngata...

Jernigan was explosive in his limited action. According to Pro Football Focus (PFF), he was the NFL’s second-best defensive end in a 3-4 system in pass-rush productivity (trailing only Houston’s J.J. Watt), and sixth-best against the run.

Why He’ll Break Out

It’s more than just more opportunities for Jernigan. He has also learned how to play better within the Ravens’ defensive system. Jernigan excels at splitting gaps with his excellent burst off the snap and raw power. However, sometimes that eagerness to split offensive linemen and get penetration got him out of position. Jernigan also said he’s in the best shape of his life after training back home in Florida this offseason. His goal is to make the Pro Bowl in his second year. http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/In-Line-For-Bigger-Role-DT-Timmy-Jernigan/deb0aa62-be9f-44af-9115-1f69f450c526

Great post and thanks for the link.

I'm excited about Jernigan. I never thought he'd drop last year but

wasn't because of a failed drug test that was diluted or something?

Ozzie knew he might lose Ngata when he drafted Jernigan who filled

in well when Ngata was on suspension.

Youre right about position. On Brady's final TD for the win Jernigan was

on the way to sack him but he slipped on the icey turf. He got by his blocker

in one step, then he slapped him on the back with one hand and the guy

went down - just a one hand slap and he's face down in the mud but

Jernigan slipped and Brady scored.

Greater things are in store and we still have KLM, Urban, Davis as a rookie

and Zadarius Smith who made Dupree go by taking up blockers. They couldn't

shut out both of them.

Our system will be just fine as always.