ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Matt Flynn ......... Anyone?

rastaman831226

He can't even make it onto the field.

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- The Patriots released veteran quarterback Matt Flynn and signed former Cardinals signal-caller Ryan Lindley on Monday.

Flynn, who signed a one-year deal in June to serve as New England's No. 3 quarterback behind Tom Brady and Jimmy Garoppolo, had opened training camp on the active/non-football injury list and never passed his physical, coach Bill Belichick said. A hamstring injury kept him sidelined, according to ESPN's Dianna Russini.

Belichick confirmed Monday that with preseason games coming up, the Patriots were running out of time waiting for Flynn.

"There's definitely something to that. We don't have forever here; the train is moving," he said.http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/13408452/new-england-patriots-release-qb-matt-flynn

I am not happy with Schaub as the back up...but he's a Texan....maybe he has a Rooster Cogburn moment with the Ravens, and if he has to step up, then he comes out guns blazing.

64555212.jpg

I used to buy purple kool aid like this from Billick all the time....only it's Harbaugh saying it...

Matt has played a lot of football, and he has played a lot of football in a system very similar to this one,” Harbaugh said. “He has seen blitzes, he has seen run adjustments, he is able to operate very effectively in this offense and get us in the right type of calls. He can throw the ball, still; he’s accurate.

“I hear some of the criticism [that] he’s not throwing the ball as well as Joe [Flacco] – I will grant that – and he has had a few crazy plays out here. ... But I still stand by the fact that I believe he’s practicing very, very well. He gives us a lot as a backup quarterback. We’re going to hope we don’t need him, but if we do need him, he’s going to play well.” http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Matt-Schaub-Testing-Himself-Teammates-In-Camp/14910128-0ac2-4b69-a4ae-502d5e9314e0

We'll see Thursday night...I'll be there.

Just read an article that states that Matt Schaub explains his many camp INT's are because he's attempting more difficult throws to get his receivers on board with his timing. My question is does that explain his many INT's in his last days in Texas and his many INT's that got him benched for a rookie in Oakland? We shall see. We shall see.

Schaub played pretty good last night. He did throw an interception, but even Quadry Ismael (an ex-receiver) said that Jeremy Butler was more at fault than Schaub for not being aggressive and going harder for the ball. I think Schaub is our # 2 for the duration.

Still not convinced Schaub is the guy to run this offense in the case of a Flacco injury. I look at his body of work over the last few years and Thursdays' so so performance against the NFL's 31st worst defense as evidence. For the money he's being paid ( 4 million ), Schaub should have scorched the N.O. secondary instead of the dink and dunk show show we all witnessed.

Schaub played pretty good last night. He did throw an interception, but even Quadry Ismael (an ex-receiver) said that Jeremy Butler was more at fault than Schaub for not being aggressive and going harder for the ball. I think Schaub is our # 2 for the duration.

Don't care what Quadry Ismael says, that statement doesn't explain Schaub's INT's in his last days as a Texan and his disastrous tour of duty in Oakland. Receiver not being aggressive and going for the ball? That's a pretty lame excuse.

Don't care what Quadry Ismael says, that statement doesn't explain Schaub's INT's in his last days as a Texan and his disastrous tour of duty in Oakland. Receiver not being aggressive and going for the ball? That's a pretty lame excuse.

Actually, not an excuse at all.. On the play in question, the receiver was suppose to run a come back route, it is a timing route. The ball is thrown before the receiver makes his cut. If the receiver had run the route properly at worse it is incomplete.

Dispite what many who watch games think about an interception, proper route running plays a big role.

Actually, not an excuse at all.. On the play in question, the receiver was suppose to run a come back route, it is a timing route. The ball is thrown before the receiver makes his cut. If the receiver had run the route properly at worse it is incomplete.

Dispite what many who watch games think about an interception, proper route running plays a big role.

Understood, but that in no way excuses Schaub from being the Turnover King he's been for the last few years.

Arguuing with this guy is an effort in futility. It's like explaining something to a child, a very young one at that. He's not real bright and is wrong about most things Raven football related.

He's Troy Smith.

He's the 2 million dollar Turn Over King. Do you have confidence in a 2 million dollar INT machine?

Yup actually I do. How many teams have a back-up they'd be willing to hand the reigns over to?