ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

So no one is going to say it

OneManCypher

That article is from the day after the other I posted... it's referencing the USA Today quotes. Just a local spin on it.

"Joe said the USA Today called him about a story on agents, and it segued to a conversation about how Joe was doing. Joe said that he was responding to comments that Flacco was greedy and was the reason the Ravens roster had been dismantled. Joe said it’s not news to the Ravens he had already told them that.

• Joe Linta
  • 105.7 The Fan

Bob asked Joe what he thought about seeing the headlines. Joe said his first thought was it must have been a slow news weekend where news outlets needed something to talk about it."

I just added the necessary quotes to my post above. The USA Today article was May 27. The article you posted says, outright, that they were asking him about those quotes and getting more context on it.

It's all the same story, source, quotes.

An average QB can win if put in the correct environment. Basically solid run game good OL decent D.

Consistently for a long period of time? Find me one, other than Flacco, knowing that's where you'd aim first.

I can't think of any, really. How many can claim the second most wins over a seven year period while still being average?

Most don't have the parts around them as loing as Joe has. When the run game and other parts fall off Joe has fallen off.

So Joe's the first average QB in history to have good parts around him for a sustained time?

Yep, look at the former invincible Aaron Rodgers. Now that his OL is beat to crap, running game stinks, and WRs are suddenly average, Aaron is playing scared.

Just goes to show its always been a team game and when a QB has all his weapons he can be damn good. And when he doesn't, well........

So 2 games I guess are the new normal.

I think, this season the question returns to: what is Tom Brady's record in games when his defense gives up 30 points?

Better than most? Absolutely.

As good as normal for him? Probably not nearly.

So Joe's the first average QB in history to have good parts around him for a sustained time?

Second winningest qb behind Brady since 2008, is beyond average. And he hasn't had a reliable defense to bail him out since 2011

Edited by cravnravn