ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

So no one is going to say it

OneManCypher

If Joe was taking up 3% of the Cap what you said would make sense, if Joe was not the Quarterback then what you said would make sense, you are doing what Joe Jock Riders do, you want to act like your boy is just 1 of 33 , when he plays the most important and most game affecting position on the field, thats why he gets paid what he gets paid. Thats why it's his fault when we lose 4 straight games and he had the ball and timeouts to win those games and he didn't. So if you can't get the job done at 20 million you need to take a pay cut , so Ozzie can get you more help because you can't put this team on your back , the last four games have proven that.

When they lose...it's all Flacco. When they win...it's anyone and everyone but Flacco.

Same ole' max.

yeahp, I'm done.

He's right, Flacco is garbage he should go back to making terrible pizza hut commercials for a living and give back his signing bonus that he never earned. Kamar Aiken and Marlon Brown would be all pro on Aaron Rogers team and this defense could easily shut out the Patriots and win the superbowl if we had Tim Tebow at the helm making the veteran minimum.

yeahp, I'm done.

He's right, Flacco is garbage he should go back to making terrible pizza hut commercials for a living and give back his signing bonus that he never earned. Kamar Aiken and Marlon Brown would be all pro on Aaron Rogers team and this defense could easily shut out the Patriots and win the superbowl if we had Tim Tebow at the helm making the veteran minimum.

^^^^^^^^so this is what you get out of what i'm saying, you're right conversation over because clearly English is a second or third language to you and your comprehension is on the level of a child in kindergarten.

• 3 weeks later...

If Joe doesn't rework his deal so that he isn't taking such a big chunk of the cap then his greedy ass needs to go. Paying a good young qb on his rookie deal and building a team around him is the way to go. dead money next year will be drastically less so Ozzie could make moves free agent wise if he so chooses. get a defensive leader in here, more wr weapons to go with perriman and grow with a young guy unless Joe takes a pay cut.

If Joe doesn't rework his deal so that he isn't taking such a big chunk of the cap then his greedy ass needs to go. Paying a good young qb on his rookie deal and building a team around him is the way to go. dead money next year will be drastically less so Ozzie could make moves free agent wise if he so chooses. get a defensive leader in here, more wr weapons to go with perriman and grow with a young guy unless Joe takes a pay cut.

To get a "good young qb" I'm assuming we need to spend a first rounder.

If you spend your first rounder on a qb, you can't spend it on a defensive position.

Which do you need more?

The cut Joe mantra sounds fine, until you realize of course that it means replacing his production AND still having to replace the production of all the other faulty parts on this team. And I still haven't heard a solid solution to finding Joes production out there somewhere else - especially for a team so historically bad with quarterbacks and recently bad in the draft.

you don't neccesarily have to draft a QB, there are viable options out there, there are some young qb's that are back-ups on other squads that you could get for a mid rounder in a trade. Osweiler (peytons back up) comes to mind as an example

Don't you think Osweiler is being groomed as Mannings replacement? after all statistically this is Mannings worst year since 1998.

There is not a backup out there that can lead this team back to the playoffs

No way we cut Joe. Some QB needy team would take him off our hands of that I have no doubt.

I think it's simple really. We present Joe with the facts. We want to spend money on getting him some weapons and keeping the O-Line intact to keep him healthy. The last couple of years has proven he needs help. To do that we need him to give us some money back but we will sweeten the pot by guaranteeing more $ and extending his deal. Joe gets a long term deal, the Ravens get more cap space and both sides win by having a better chance of winning. If Joe doesn't want any of that then he is not the QB we want leading this team and we trade him.

• Upvote 1

If Joe refuses to negotiate then he has to be cut. I see him landing in Denver.

Why would you cut a player when you can trade him and get something for him? It is not as if he has a clause in his contract, ala RG3, that makes it impossible to trade him.

Also, with all the dead money coming off the books, by releasing or trading Webb and a few others, there would be plenty of cap space to work with his contract over the next year and see where the team goes.

Releasing him, trading him, in my opinion, working a new deal or not is foolish. Franchise quarterbacks do not come around very often and you will set the franshise back at least 5 more years, likely, 10. How long was it befor they drafted Joe?

How has any other franchise done by getting rid of a quarterback of Joe's capabilities? Answer- see Cleveland, Washington, Cinci, Okland, Phili, NYJ, Miami, Houston, need I go on?

Green Bay was lucky as much as it was good in landing both Favre and then drafting Rogers, who sat for many years behind Favre. San Fran was just as lucky, by landing Steve Young when they had Joe Montanna, even then, they had great weapons around each player.

Indi, the judge is still out eating lunch on Luck, though he looks like a keeper, how many playoff games has he won? How is is season going this year?

Seattle had three really good QB's in their franchise history, only one of them was able to win a Super Bowl, and that was with an historic defense; how often do they come around? How is that defense today?

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/baltimore-ravens/joe-flacco/
Joe has a base salary next yr of $18mil. Who is going to want to take that on the way he is playing. But lets assume someone will. I think the best the Ravens can get for him now is a 3rd or 4th. After the SB they coulod have gotten at least 2 #1s.

So you think they can't find a new franchise QB? The teams you listed jump at the first low hanging fruit. They would need to really break a QB down and love his talent. It is worth by passing a QB for a yr or 2 to find the guy you really like. During that time you are building the D, OL, and WR's for the new guy.

No way we cut Joe. Some QB needy team would take him off our hands of that I have no doubt.

I think it's simple really. We present Joe with the facts. We want to spend money on getting him some weapons and keeping the O-Line intact to keep him healthy. The last couple of years has proven he needs help. To do that we need him to give us some money back but we will sweeten the pot by guaranteeing more $ and extending his deal. Joe gets a long term deal, the Ravens get more cap space and both sides win by having a better chance of winning. If Joe doesn't want any of that then he is not the QB we want leading this team and we trade him.

This is definitely the most sensible analysis.

Denver or Houston

Jets, Bills, Saints, Bears, Texans, Rams, Broncos off the top of my head and there are others who might see him as an upgrade over what they have. It only takes one team to want Joe so bad they start throwing picks our way. That said, I don't see Joe going anywhere.