ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Will HARBs be fired?

TBird

I haven't seen anything from Bisciotti yet but he must

be really pissed. Remember after the 8-8 season after

winning the SB. He was pissed then but said he has to

be fair. This is the first season for John going .500 but

strongly implied it better not happen again.

He probably won't but might fire Pees. Many of us think he twisted

HARBs arm to fire CAM although HARBs says that was his

decision. I'm just asking.

But now Ravens are the worse team with just 1 win so

Bisciotti has to be even more pissed after spending up

to the CAP ceiling every year. He pays for everything

Ozzie and HARBs need including paying the most for

scouts and not joining a combine like most teams.

What does everyone think?

He really should look at the FO and the way of doing business. What is happening now is normal for teams in the NFL. They fall off in talent and have to rebuild. This applies to everyone except the Pats and the way the Steelers used to be. Either accept this for what it is or change how you do business.

On th eHarbs front the issues I have described before still apply. Look at the crappy 2 min drill. The team reflects his lack of game mang. I think moving on from him could be beneficial if they find the right replacement.

Silly talk. Harbs isn't going anywhere. You don't fire a head coach with John's consistancy over the years because of one bad year. Pees is a different story. When comparing these two coaches, one can coach while the other lacks skills.

Look, we have been good for so long that we have been getting the left overs in terms of draft picks. This is how the NFL is suppsed to work. 5-11 should get us a top ten pick in May 2016. This club will be fine, as long as Harbaugh is the head coach.

This is a pivital year for the franchise. Sure they can take the asy way out, fire the coach, bring in some one different to "reach the players" and get their "fire back"....

That might last for a few years, then you are stuck in the ever revolving coaching door...

or, you take a page from the Steelers, who stick it out with a coach through a few down seasons, showing the stability of the franchise; players like to see that. One thing we can say about this franchise; players love to play here.

Fire him? Poor game management over all, his choice for who tells him to challange calls puzzles me, as they are mostly always wrong.... Use of time outs, another issue.... But overall, no, stick with him, he is young, remember, give him 3 more years see if this team turns around, talent wise.

One thing that's popped in my head, is John's insistence that no one is above special teams, so with that said...is that affecting our talent pool? Do we look for good football players over good skill players?

I would be reluctant to fire Harbs. It's possible but I don't see anyone else out there that has his record and a Super Bowl win. Organizations that hold the line on coaches do seem to be the most stable and most able to right themselves.

Now the FO is a different story. I wonder if the game has passed Ozzie by. We went into this season with only one possible deep threat on offense and he got hurt on the first day of camp and hasn't practiced since. Also, Oz is responsible for the mess in the secondary. Webb's career here has taken a nose dive for the past 3 years. Jimmy Smith is good but isn't a shutdown corner. The other guys back there are just a bunch of guys who couldn't cut it elsewhere. Oz should have known more about this during the offseason.

To cut him some slack though, let's remember the cap hell we've been in since the Ray Rice fiasco started. It's hard to sign quality free agents when you can't pay them. I'm willing to give Oz another year to up the talent on this team because (if Joe restructures) we should emerge from cap hell next season. Getting Joe's numbers down is going to be big battle this off-season. They need to get it done by the time free agency opens so we have more room to pay talented free agents. I'm not sure Joe's agent will move that fast if he moves at all. Crap, after the QB's we've been playing with before Joe, I hate to say this but if his cap numbers don't come down significantly we ought to trade him.

So I think Bisciotti stays the course for one more year. If there's no improvement by then, it's time to get some new FO personnel.

This is a pivital year for the franchise. Sure they can take the asy way out, fire the coach, bring in some one different to "reach the players" and get their "fire back"....

That might last for a few years, then you are stuck in the ever revolving coaching door...

or, you take a page from the Steelers, who stick it out with a coach through a few down seasons, showing the stability of the franchise; players like to see that. One thing we can say about this franchise; players love to play here.

Fire him? Poor game management over all, his choice for who tells him to challange calls puzzles me, as they are mostly always wrong.... Use of time outs, another issue.... But overall, no, stick with him, he is young, remember, give him 3 more years see if this team turns around, talent wise.

Great post and I agree with everything. Someone is leaving, that's for sure, Maybe Pees.

Game management has always been my prob with HARBs plus he never called a game. Billick called the games

when he fired his coord. I remember one of HARBs first games in PIssburgh where Mason caught a TD that would

have won the game but the refs said no TD as he bobbled the ball running out of bounds. The replay on TV

should he had in in bounds but we were all screaming at HARBs for not challenging the play. The call lost the

game for us.

Even in the Clowns game. Not sure this is even challengeable by the coach but the ball ruled a TD for the

Clowns in 4th qtr hit the ground and the guy scooped it up. We're yeeling for HARBs to challenge it. The

ball was clearly dropped and on the ground but the ref was standing behind the receiver.

Piss poor management from HARBs again.

As for silly talk, I was just asking a question. Bisciotti was pissed the last time we missed the playoffs but

was fair. With 1 win, he's really pissed now and just might fire HARBs. I doubt it but he's pissed off enough

to.

That's for sure.

No way Harbs goes unless he and Steve get into a major tiff. Harbs has had too much success. I do think he gives up some of the decision making power he gained after winning the sb. Pees is gone for sure. It would take a major improvement on the defense to save his job and we all know that ain't happening

Great post and I agree with everything. Someone is leaving, that's for sure, Maybe Pees.

Game management has always been my prob with HARBs plus he never called a game. Billick called the games

when he fired his coord. I remember one of HARBs first games in PIssburgh where Mason caught a TD that would

have won the game but the refs said no TD as he bobbled the ball running out of bounds. The replay on TV

should he had in in bounds but we were all screaming at HARBs for not challenging the play. The call lost the

game for us.

Even in the Clowns game. Not sure this is even challengeable by the coach but the ball ruled a TD for the

Clowns in 4th qtr hit the ground and the guy scooped it up. We're yeeling for HARBs to challenge it. The

ball was clearly dropped and on the ground but the ref was standing behind the receiver.

Piss poor management from HARBs again.

As for silly talk, I was just asking a question. Bisciotti was pissed the last time we missed the playoffs but

was fair. With 1 win, he's really pissed now and just might fire HARBs. I doubt it but he's pissed off enough

to.

That's for sure.

It's got to come from upstairs from a coach in the box. The field is crowned, coaches on the ground level don't see that the tip of the ball hits the ground. It's a whole different view from ground level vs a coach in the box that has instant replays to look at.