ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Lets See What Mikey Has to Say

oldno82

He's spot on for once. A lot of guys hate him but he gets it right once in while.

With a top 10 pick Ozzie has to draft defensive pressure, not WR, CB, RB or even QB with the first

pick. It has to be a rusher to put pressure on the defense and there are two top pass rushers

in the top 10.

Suggs was the last pick when drafting in the top 10 and before that he drafted Bouleware

and signed McCrary and then Adams. Ravens became a dominant team over the

next decade winning 2 SBs and almost always getting into the POs w/o a blue chip

receiver and hopefully we still have one in Perriman if he can come back and remain

helthy.

So there's two great pass rushers in the link Ravens might have a shot at but they will

probably be gone. Then there's 2 great CBs to chose from.

Ravens only need 1 draft to fix things which is what I've been posting.

Ravens have always won with defense.

DEFENSE BUILDS CHAMPIONSHIPS

It might be time to return to the days of old, when defense won a championship and the offense was complementary by featuring a strong running game.

They can fill a need by playing to an organizational strength.

Totally agree and would love to see it.

But...for shits and giggles...what if they go 3-13 and an Andrew Luck type of QB falls in their lap?

He trusted his HC and totally screwed up. I always thought they over drafted TT and Clayton.

And the head coach trusted his OC Matt Cav who pushed for Boller. He fell for the old

throw between the goal posts from 50 yards on 1 knee trick. My dad said, that

doesn't mean he can play football. LOL.

He sure couldn't. Like I said, none of the top WRs drafted in TTs class made it.

Both TT and Clayton were legit first round prospects. Clayton was college All American

but we begged Ozzie to draft Roddy White instead of Clayton and Nicks instead of

Oher. We win the SB that Lee Evans dropped. He wouldn't have been here and we win

the 08 SB. Indy's GM said we would have won that SB with a blue chip receiver. All

we had was a slot guy in Mason who kept it close in the first half and Manning pulled

away in the second have. Oher got killed by Mathis while Nicks was the go to guy and here

in their SB vs NE.

The Ravens would have won at least 1 or 2 more SBs with either one. Like I said, luck

has a lot to do with getting to the SB.

But...for shits and giggles...what if they go 3-13 and an Andrew Luck type of QB falls in their lap?

Nah, he ain't that good anyway. What has he done and he's in a candy bar division, same

as Matt Ryan and Marsha Brady.

A lot of guys on the boards are saying QB if a top one is there but Ozzie will take the BPA

not matter what. That's how he wins super bowls.

T Bird, I generally agree but am wondering what Best Player Available really is and whether Ozzie still has "it" . Since about the 08 draft (Flacco and Rice), who have we drafted that's become a star or all-pro (aside from CJ Mosely) ? The cupboard is awfully empty and this team has fallen way behind the likes of Cincy and others.

I know we ve drafted low every year but so have the Steelers and Cincy and both their rosters are loaded with good, young talent esp at WR.

I can't say the same about our team. Can you ?

Luck and before him Pay Pay have had the luxury of playing in the weakest division in football, neither of them would survive outside if the AFCS.

Besides there is not a college qb coming out this year that I would want, OSU and Florida have been playing qb carousel all year.

I agree with Crav. There is no QB I want a part of in the 1st. There are no Mariota/Winstons this year. There are a lot of intriguing prospects who could be had later in the draft this year. Someone who can sit a few years and learn and develop. I would be happy with drafting one of those types.

T Bird, I generally agree but am wondering what Best Player Available really is and whether Ozzie still has "it" . Since about the 08 draft (Flacco and Rice), who have we drafted that's become a star or all-pro (aside from CJ Mosely) ? The cupboard is awfully empty and this team has fallen way behind the likes of Cincy and others.

I know we ve drafted low every year but so have the Steelers and Cincy and both their rosters are loaded with good, young talent esp at WR.

I can't say the same about our team. Can you ?

We're loaded more than the KCs and Minn's of the world and we just had a fan from Piss talking

about their injuries this year but they're nothing compared to what the Ravens have lost - more

starters than any other team. We're not getting blown out by anyone and all losses have come

near the last play of the game including the Jags game.

So I keep saying they don't need that much. I posted a link that called Brandon Williams one of the

top pocket rushers of the game. We still have D. Smith and Mosley on the team and hopefully

Suggs will be back. A Denver fan said the Ravens had the most stout defense we'll see for the

rest of the year after they just beat us out there.

We still have Jimmy Smith so we'll need a CB and could have a shot at one of the best 2

according to Mike's article above or one of the top 2 pass rushers. Put Bosa in the mix with

Brandon and Jernigan and we have a good pass rush.

I sure don't want a WR in the first round. Ravens have always been unlucky with them while

Cindy and Piss has not but SR might come back and hopefully Perriman will be better so

we can add another one in the latter rounds and or sign someone like we did with Mason

and Boldin and SR.

Ozzie will always take the best available player. Ernic Acorsi former Colts GM was the

asst Gm under Joe Thomas during the Walter Peyton draft. Colts had a good RB in

Lydell Mitchell so Thomas passed on Peyton and drafte a lineman.

The rest is history as Walter became perhaps the best runner in history for the Bears.

Acorsi said he got his masters degree in the draft on that one and built the Giants

SB 35 team and their most recent SB teams before turning them over to Reese to

win the SB.

However, since their SBs they have falled on hard times because lately Reese has been

drafting need instead of BPA.

Ozzie will still draft the BPA which hopefully will be the top pass rusher or CB.

Tbird,

I like your optimism and spirit. I do think if we draft EXTREMELY well and acquire a few WR playmakers, via FA, we have a chance to start turning this ship around next year.

However, Ozzie and Co's whiffs in the last few drafts are now showing up and others - Pitt and Cincy- are arguably putting more talent on the field, esp on offense.

Also, the FO has got to successfully rework Joe's, Jimmy Smith's contracts (among others) and free up $ to acquire some talent like we did when we picked up Boldin, etc.

I hear what youre saying about a quick turnaround but its only going to happen with both an excellent draft and timely, effective FA acquisitions.

Ozzie & Co need to hit homers on both fronts to turn this ship around.

There's a lot that has to go right for us before we get in the playoffs again. Cincy and Pburgh both have a lot more talent than we do and they seem to do it every year---lately.

I know Ozzie loves to draft BPA but that sure hasn't worked with the Matt Elam and Arthur Brown picks. And the jury is out on Perriman. I'm pulling for him to be what we need but at the moment, I'm not even sure he'll get on the field for us ever.

The biggest problem we've had is drafting way down the line every year since 2008. During that time the Bengals and Steelers have rebuilt. I just can't see us being in their class next year. It's going to take quite a while.

And the head coach trusted his OC Matt Cav who pushed for Boller. He fell for the old

throw between the goal posts from 50 yards on 1 knee trick. My dad said, that

doesn't mean he can play football. LOL.

He sure couldn't. Like I said, none of the top WRs drafted in TTs class made it.

Both TT and Clayton were legit first round prospects. Clayton was college All American

but we begged Ozzie to draft Roddy White instead of Clayton and Nicks instead of

Oher. We win the SB that Lee Evans dropped. He wouldn't have been here and we win

the 08 SB. Indy's GM said we would have won that SB with a blue chip receiver. All

we had was a slot guy in Mason who kept it close in the first half and Manning pulled

away in the second have. Oher got killed by Mathis while Nicks was the go to guy and here

in their SB vs NE.

The Ravens would have won at least 1 or 2 more SBs with either one. Like I said, luck

has a lot to do with getting to the SB.

Then Ozzie is super gullible. Before Harvin what good WRs came out of UF? They always had big time touted guys but busted. Also Clayton had the knock of disappearing in big games. What NFL game is not big? No N Iowa St types in the nfl to pad your stats with. Always the Evans excuse. They were lucky to have won a SB in 2012. That team was awful for most of the season.

Luck and before him Pay Pay have had the luxury of playing in the weakest division in football, neither of them would survive outside if the AFCS. Before and since v

Besides there is not a college qb coming out this year that I would want, OSU and Florida have been playing qb carousel all year.

Lynch. I would not go #1 on him but the Ravens could sell that pick to a desperate team and grab lynch later.

Tbird,

I like your optimism and spirit. I do think if we draft EXTREMELY well and acquire a few WR playmakers, via FA, we have a chance to start turning this ship around next year.

However, Ozzie and Co's whiffs in the last few drafts are now showing up and others - Pitt and Cincy- are arguably putting more talent on the field, esp on offense.

Also, the FO has got to successfully rework Joe's, Jimmy Smith's contracts (among others) and free up $ to acquire some talent like we did when we picked up Boldin, etc.

I hear what youre saying about a quick turnaround but its only going to happen with both an excellent draft and timely, effective FA acquisitions.

Ozzie & Co need to hit homers on both fronts to turn this ship around.

The optimism is pie in the sky. The offense has played like crap even when fully loaded. Joe and Justin just went down so they get credit for 2/3 of the season of bad production.

Then Ozzie is super gullible. Before Harvin what good WRs came out of UF? They always had big time touted guys but busted. Also Clayton had the knock of disappearing in big games. What NFL game is not big? No N Iowa St types in the nfl to pad your stats with. Always the Evans excuse. They were lucky to have won a SB in 2012. That team was awful for most of the season.

Lynch. I would not go #1 on him but the Ravens could sell that pick to a desperate team and grab lynch later.

The optimism is pie in the sky. The offense has played like crap even when fully loaded. Joe and Justin just went down so they get credit for 2/3 of the season of bad production.

When exactly were we fully loaded?

You don't get it. They were not injury deprived then. They had who they came in with. They didn't need to start searching the wire for help. Sudden injuries didn't kill the team like say it has to Dallas. With 2 people going down they lost 7 straight games. There is no way they would have lost all of those had Romo and Dez been healthy. Keep Joe Justin SSS Monroe Zuttah and all the others they are still going to lose probably 12 games. Please stop the willful ignorance.

You don't get it. They were not injury deprived then. They had who they came in with. They didn't need to start searching the wire for help. Sudden injuries didn't kill the team like say it has to Dallas. With 2 people going down they lost 7 straight games. There is no way they would have lost all of those had Romo and Dez been healthy. Keep Joe Justin SSS Monroe Zuttah and all the others they are still going to lose probably 12 games. Please stop the willful ignorance.

Sure we were, our #1 draft pick wasn't on the field, you know the guy that was supposed to be out #1 Wr and compliment SSS. And we lose Suggs 30 minutes into our first game.