ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens have enough CAP space for Weddle and Wallace

TBird

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure he still has the speed. My only question is if he learned how to catch consistently.

I'm going to say no. As I'm sure you're aware, similar problems to Torrey in regards to catch radius and average sized hands.

However, I think Wallace adds better YAC ability than Torrey. And if he can consistently get PI penalties downfield, he will be well worth his pay. Just don't have him in the game on run downs, he's very poor blocker.

I love the move. Doesn't take away a comp pick either.

I'm going to say no. As I'm sure you're aware, similar problems to Torrey in regards to catch radius and average sized hands.

However, I think Wallace adds better YAC ability than Torrey. And if he can consistently get PI penalties downfield, he will be well worth his pay. Just don't have him in the game on run downs, he's very poor blocker.

I love the move. Doesn't take away a comp pick either.

Oh yes, he is far better than Torrey. He tracks the ball better and adjusts to it better. As you mentioned, he is better with the ball in his hands too... Compared to having Torrey, I'll take Wallace any day.

Exactly why I didnt want him, he cant catch a cold. Yea I know he had 10 tds 3 years ago with Ben. But his year in Miami he stunk.

A lot goes into that though Crav. As TC mentioned, Tannytown wasn't, isn't an accurate deep thrower nor did the Phish go down field often, by design.

I am not sure his time with the Phish nor with the Vikes was all on him.

Who is the Boise kid? Haven't seen him in any top 6 of mocks.

See the draft forum. Darian Thompson, a play maker, who needs some time to develop, not a starter right away, but with the right coaching, he should be an excellent starter before too long.

Oh and the jury is still out on Mosely, he blitzes well but still can't cover, nor play in zone and he misses on tackles as much as he makes a tackle.....

They're laughing at him in Pissburgh and I just talked to 2 Piss fans something I rarely do but I wanted to get their

feelings on Wallace. One thought it was funny we got him and the other said he's washed up.

Wallace says here that he will get the last laugh. He knows they're laughing in Piss.

Mike Prestone said it's a good move same with Weddle. He says getting everything they need will take two

drafts for the SB but they should have enough for the POs next year and everyone will be happy with that.

Ravens needed speed as mentioned now just think if Perriman returns well. That is really some fast legs and

even the Squeelers fans said he is fast. They just don't think he can catch.

Speaking of those QBs above, Wallace chose Ravens because of Flacco who also made these signings

possible by retstructuring his contract.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/videos/videos/Final-Drive-Wallace-Promises-Hell-Get-Last-Laugh/748d3f6d-dca7-4910-935e-846c2d6ad23b

See the draft forum. Darian Thompson, a play maker, who needs some time to develop, not a starter right away, but with the right coaching, he should be an excellent starter before too long.

Oh and the jury is still out on Mosely, he blitzes well but still can't cover, nor play in zone and he misses on tackles as much as he makes a tackle.....

Thanks. I'll check him out, never seen him mentioned.

You're right, the jury is still out on Mosley but he's not a bust like Max put it. He had a great rookie season then entered the sophomore slump like many athletes do but the jury is still out. He should get some help in this draft. He didn't make as many tackles this year because D.Smith took so many away from him. He did well his

rookie year. He's aware of the situation and working on it.

82 - Andy Nelso has a pretty good ribs and pork place on York Road in Cockeysville.

You should try it out and meet him. He's usually in there talking to people.

Yup. Have been there several times but never saw the guy. Ribs and pork were solid except for last time we were. Haven't been back for a year or two.

I like the Wallace move. He's a good plan B if Perriman can't go or fizzles. That killed us last year. If Perriman can go, then imagine the nightmare opposing teams have in accounting for them.

Does anybody in the world know if Perriman is going to be ready for camp? To me, no news on this is bad news.

Yea, I'll give it a try but I like the other place for ribs a few blocks up - The Corner Stable with

the sign from Baltimore Magazine - BALTIMORE'S BEST RIBS.

Their crab cake and ribs platter is the best meal in all Baltimore for $28.

I like the Wallace move. He's a good plan B if Perriman can't go or fizzles. That killed us last year. If Perriman can go, then imagine the nightmare opposing teams have in accounting for them.

Does anybody in the world know if Perriman is going to be ready for camp? To me, no news on this is bad news.

Everything I hear is Perriman will be ready for camp and probably OTA.s.

Bringing in Wallace is not a sign the Ravens are concerned about Perriman. He is expected to participate in offseason workouts, according to general manager Ozzie Newsome...http://espn.go.com/blog/baltimore-ravens/post/_/id/26446/mike-wallace-is-exactly-the-weapon-that-joe-flacco-wanted

twilightzonewilltherealmartianpleasestan"As I see it...Wallace and Perriman are 2 big "If's" at the moment."

Wallace came to Minnesota after two disappointing years with the Dolphins. Wallace, who averaged 17.2 yards per catch during his first four seasons with the Steelers, hasn't eclipsed 13 yards per catch since. He passed the 1,000-yard receiving mark twice with the Steelers (1,257 in 2010 and 1,193 in 2011). He was selected to his only Pro Bowl in 2011.Wallace has watched his receptions and receiving yards decline each season since 2013. With Flacco as his quarterback, Wallace is eager to answer those who believe he can no longer be a legitimate weapon in the NFL anymore.

"We just have a couple of months to wait and see. I'll show everybody," Wallace said. "I've been taking a lot of heat for about three years in a row. I promise I'll get the last laugh." ....http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14980253/mike-wallace-agrees-deal-baltimore-ravens

We'll see.

Edited by vmax

Nevertheless.......One can dream..... :gorave:

This also isn't a situation where the Ravens are going to depend on Wallace to be a No. 1 receiver like he was asked to be in Pittsburgh, Miami and Minnesota. Baltimore will be at its best in the passing game when Flacco is distributing the ball to Steve Smith, Wallace and Perriman on the outside and to Ben Watson, Maxx Williams and Crockett Gillmore over the middle.

The Ravens remember Flacco was at his best during the 2012 playoffs. That was when the Ravens had two deep threats in Torrey Smith and Jacoby Jones. Baltimore is going to try to replicate that with Wallace and Perriman....http://espn.go.com/blog/baltimore-ravens/post/_/id/26446/mike-wallace-is-exactly-the-weapon-that-joe-flacco-wanted

A lot goes into that though Crav. As TC mentioned, Tannytown wasn't, isn't an accurate deep thrower nor did the Phish go down field often, by design.

I am not sure his time with the Phish nor with the Vikes was all on him.

I might be a tad harsh on the guy hes had 8 drops in the past two years, maybe it's not the drops but the timing of the drops.so ill save my optimism for a later date. For what it's worth, our own steve smith is close to the leader board in dropped passes.

Wallace could very well be a bust...

And Teddy Bridgewater would have been well within his rights to say he needed a good wide receiver. While Bridgewater has yet to talk publicly on the matter, CBS Sports color commentator and former Vikings quarterback Rich Gannon didn't hold back, characterizing Wallace's remarks as "laughable."

"I think you have to consider the source," Gannon said Wednesday, via the St. Paul Pioneer Press' Chris Tomasson. "He's a disgruntled player that's bounced around. I think it's pretty small as a player (to say that)."

There's more.

"He's been an inconsistent route runner, a guy that does a handful of things well, one of them being straight-line speed, but a guy that has had a difficult time putting it all together," Gannon continued. "And now he's going to go somewhere and think all of sudden a change of uniform is going to change that?

"Just because you run fast doesn't make you a great football player. Maybe it's not the quarterback. Maybe it's the guy who is running the routes."..http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25519426/former-vikings-qb-mike-wallace-is-disgruntled-cant-put-it-together

There are tons of NFL players who are never the same, dedicated player once they get their money, Getting by, collecting a check, ....

There's a saying: Their heads not in the game.

I hope that is not true with Wallace.