ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens have enough CAP space for Weddle and Wallace

TBird

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wallace could very well be a bust...

There are tons of NFL players who are never the same, dedicated player once they get their money, Getting by, collecting a check, ....

There's a saying: Their heads not in the game.

I hope that is not true with Wallace.

Max, here is a great article that talks about Wallace's work ethic and leadership. Coaches loved him and he didn't complain one peep.

http://espn.go.com/blog/minnesota-vikings/post/_/id/18311/mike-wallaces-frustrations-went-beyond-teddy-bridgewater-in-minnesota

Wallace could have visited other teams, but he signed with us because he realizes he needs the right fit for his skill set.

Max, here is a great article that talks about Wallace's work ethic and leadership. Coaches loved him and he didn't complain one peep.http://espn.go.com/blog/minnesota-vikings/post/_/id/18311/mike-wallaces-frustrations-went-beyond-teddy-bridgewater-in-minnesota

Wallace could have visited other teams, but he signed with us because he realizes he needs the right fit for his skill set.

Well, Wallace should have said it differently than he did, but the Ravens love the vertical game and even if Wallace can only get open deep he'll contribute to the offense. I'm more worried about his drops than what said and as other posters here have said, Steve Smith had his share of dropped balls last year too and was still tremendous for our offense.

Max, here is a great article that talks about Wallace's work ethic and leadership. Coaches loved him and he didn't complain one peep.

http://espn.go.com/blog/minnesota-vikings/post/_/id/18311/mike-wallaces-frustrations-went-beyond-teddy-bridgewater-in-minnesota

I read that this morning and I feel a lot better about this signing.

Effort. That's all you can ask of anyone and this shows that his head IS in the game and that he takes pride in being the best he can be.

I'm not worried about him anymore. It now falls on the line to protect Joe and on Joe and Wallace getting in sync.

Then it's bombs away. :gorave:

OK I have thought on this for a while now. What value is Wallace unless you are going to get Ben to be his QB? He has been getting worse since leaving the Stealers. I think he really might just be a product of Ben being great.

His numbers weren't bad for Miami. Had 10 TDs in 2014.

If he can replace Torrey's value in getting pass interference penalties, I'll take it!

I don't know he can do that.

Fair point, but on a one-year, $5.75M deal for a 29-year old receiver as talented as Wallace one year off of a 10 TD year, not much risk. Certainly much better than Torrey's contract. And look at Torrey's stats last year. These speed receivers are dependent upon the system and QB they work with.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/17/mike-wallace-i-wasnt-being-critical-of-teddy-bridgewater/

Wallace clarifies

Except I think the Ravens overspent on him. I don't see $5.75 of WR there. I think you can get his production for a couple mil less.

Could be right. I don't see anything else out there on the market, but drafting a player like Corey Coleman in the second round might have been a good alternative. Although now we get to use that high pick for somewhere else.

If Wallace ends up like Lee Evans certainly we'll look back at this as a poor move. But if he gives us Torrey production, it will be worth it. The risk with Wallace is low given we didn't give up anything for him and his contract is not preventing us from making other moves.

$5.75 isn't nothing. That comes out of your pot to fix holes on your team.

You misunderstood. I clearly said the contract isn't hampering us. If Ozzie sees a guy he wants he can make a move. If he needs to, we have guys on the books we can release to create more cap room. This is a weak free agent market.

Not if they draft Tunsil or Stanley.

1. Tenn - Bosa

2. Ceve - Wentz, QB

3. SD - Buckner

4. Dall - Treadwell

5. JAGs - Ramsey

Tunsil, Stanley would be left as will Jack, Hargreaves and Spence.

Tunsil would be the bpa there and the position of need at LT. Oz would be tripping over himself turning

the card in on Tunsil.

Wallace's cap charge is $3.5 million for this year. That seems to me to be worth it. It's basically a one year deal. As has been stated, we still have a good chunk of cap money left especially since Hill has now f--ked up his career.

I'd rather the money had gone to shoring up the left side of the line...

But with who? Beachum got a boat load, I am not sure he was worth that price. Okung is looking for $11-13 mil per year. Is he really worth it?

Ozzie rarely pays big bucks for offensive lineman.

"Broncos signed Russell Okung to a long-term deal. Do we try and trade for Ryan Clady?"

No on Clady. He's not the same player he was a few years ago according to PFF.

I'd really like to see a long term solution there.

Broncos signed Russell Okung to a long-term deal. Do we try and trade for Ryan Clady?

I just saw that, $10.6 the first year, $12 the next four. Crazy deal.

Clady- has a healthy price too and he is coming off an acl. $9.5 this coming season, $10 the year after. Sure they could restructure him, but that knee worries me.

I just saw that, $10.6 the first year, $12 the next four. Crazy deal.

Clady- has a healthy price too and he is coming off an acl. $9.5 this coming season, $10 the year after. Sure they could restructure him, but that knee worries me.

He also missed the entire 2013 season with injury.

I say no