ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Opening Day 2016

dc.

Wow!

I watched until the 3rd inning and then I had to go to bed. I wondered jokingly can the O's win a 1-0 game?

And they did!

ORIOLES LONE WINNERS IN WILD AL EAST
Baltimore was the only AL East team to win Wednesday, as the divisional race continues to be MLB's most interesting.
1. Red Sox: 81-63
2. Orioles*: 80-65, 1 game back
3. Blue Jays*: 79-66: 2 games back
4. Yankees: 77-68, 4 games back...........As he's done all season, Zach Britton closes it out, an easy 1-2-3 inning against the heart of the Boston lineup. He's 43 for 43 in saves and the Orioles have moved just one game behind the Red Sox in the AL East.

After Gausman's gem in beantown, Gallardo lays the big egg at home tonight. Disappointing but not surprising.

From here on, Buck and boys ought to start Gausman, Jiminez, Bundy and Tillman. That's it. gallardo and Miley are automatic Ls and a guaranteed 6-7 runs per start.

If we have any thoughts for playoffs, Bucks got to limit our SP to the above guys - no Gallardo or Miley.

Did you thank him for Miley? How about Pearce?

Plus, I didn't see him pitching...

Go O's

I guess I'm still just wondering what you would have preferred.

Most fans this past off season were wildly saying resign Davis or else, no matter the price. Most were also saying sign a pitcher, any pitcher, but season start. Gallardo was a pretty popular pick up among the general crowd crying for any kind of arm.

Unless you can go back and highlight your distinct opposition to these things, what exactly are you looking for him to have done? What piece do you think this team should have that wouldn't have cost it another piece? Could have David Price at the cost of Davis but no one would have gone for that in January.

I said Thanks after the Gausman outing in part because almost annually we here about how we could trade x or y to get z, and why not just do it! Gausmans name has been on that list before, but Dan refused to ever consider it. No credit for that?

Ubaldo can easily revert to a black hole also. Also you have to think about arm rest for the 4 of them. Bundy is still being watched for health.

That's why they are pitching a 6 man rotation, even if two of the starts kill us...

I guess I'm still just wondering what you would have preferred.

Most fans this past off season were wildly saying resign Davis or else, no matter the price. Most were also saying sign a pitcher, any pitcher, but season start. Gallardo was a pretty popular pick up among the general crowd crying for any kind of arm.

Unless you can go back and highlight your distinct opposition to these things, what exactly are you looking for him to have done? What piece do you think this team should have that wouldn't have cost it another piece? Could have David Price at the cost of Davis but no one would have gone for that in January.

I said Thanks after the Gausman outing in part because almost annually we here about how we could trade x or y to get z, and why not just do it! Gausmans name has been on that list before, but Dan refused to ever consider it. No credit for that?

Nothing. We gave up something to make a move. I'd rather have an uncertainty, than a mediocre 3/4 starter.

Nothing. We gave up something to make a move. I'd rather have an uncertainty, than a mediocre 3/4 starter.

Is that re: Miley or Gallardo? Either way, you say that now but it's not true... were this team pitching Tyler Wilson, Vance Worley, TJ Macfarland and Mike Wright every 5th start, we know what we get... and we know what you'd be posting. "Thanks, Duquette" ... for not making a move and leaving us with these bums/uncertainty.

That's my only point. DD is damned if he does, damned if he doesn't... either he tries and fails and gets crap or he doesn't try and fails and gets crap. We're all armchair GMs/managers. I'm just done being one.

Nope not at all. I know our farm system is not a goldmine...I'm fine with that.

You're fine with that... now. When it was a season of maybes, you were less fine?

We're placing our entire starting/pitching roster on 'potential'...scary

It's not a bad thing. But separate of your own views, you can't claim DD would have walked out of the offseason looking like roses had he not made a move re: pitching. So what's a guy to do, try or not? Either way, fans hate him.

Or hey, we could have signed JA Happ and gotten lucky?

I don't disagree entirely, but it's also a hard call to make in the moment. Wiley has had good years and it's not DD scouting this alone.

Gallardo stat-wise was a more than welcome addition to what we were looking at.

Second-guessing is easy when the results don't pan out. Just like it's easy to say, "See, I told you we wouldn't win the WS!" ... as if there weren't already a 97% chance of that being true.