ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Opening Day 2016

dc.

Schoop is becoming a star. He'd be an All Star if it wasn't for MVP candidates Robinson Canó and Jose Altuve also being 2B in the AL.

Don't look now but Álvarez's OPS is creeping up to .800!

I can't wait to see Bundy pitch on Sunday!

Bundy had a little deer in the headlights today. Maybe just a bad day plus Tampa was overdue for a W. Just 1 game. Let's see how he does next start.

The bad bats had me worried - but I hadn't been watching. Didn't realize that Davis, Machado, Kim and Wieters were all out - injury and illness. Apparently the flu is going around after their trip to Tampa.

Tillman with the clutch game though... again.

We'll probably find out. I don't see us getting anyone better than a 3rd or 4th starter. I don't think we have the prospects to trade for them. And I don't think we should trade Trumbo, not that we will have a chance. Teams out of it rarely trade for players who will be free agents and teams in it rarely trade good starters.

At this point I think we win 90-95 games, What that is enough for I'm not sure.

Back to back gems by Gausman and Bundy! Just how we imagined our two top five picks to be!

Rumor is that we are trying to trade Ubaldo plus a prospect for Melvin Upton. I am not sure how I feel about that. Sure, Upton can lead off, plays good D, is having a good year, and steals bases. However, his OBP and average are low, and I feel his OPS may not be sustainable if he stops hitting HRs.

Upton does have a career .257/.341/.450/.792 slash line in 56 games at Camden Yards, with 10 HR.

Upton is owed $16.45M next year, Ubaldo is owed $13.5M next year. Maybe there will be money involved. Upton has been hitting like his old self in TB ever since he left Atlanta for San Diego in 2015. However, with how terrible he was in Atlanta it's a big risk he could regress. I would hope we focus on getting a pitcher.

Get better soon Kim!

I'm just not sure why we need Upton. I guess you can't trade ubaldo for another pitcher... Maybe?

What about a shortstop?

I think you hit the nail on the head. It's trying to turn that bad Ubaldo contract into something positive. How many good players out there have a similar number to Ubaldo running through next year, and would only cost us a lower level prospect? Ubaldo is wasting a roster spot for us at the moment. So in theory, Upton is only costing us a prospect like Tanner Scott and $6-7M in extra payroll commitment between now and the end of next year. Not sure if there are any other matches out there for Ubaldo. The Padres are likely to DFA Ubaldo as soon as they get him.

I just don't see the need for the OF, even if there is other upside. Might as well get any other random arm. AA or AAA nobody who might only ever become one of our relievers? Hey, I'd take it.