ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Opening Day 2016

dc.

Last nights win reaffirmed the winning formula for this year - keep the opposition in 4-5 run range; score enough to keep close or take the lead; hand over to middle guys and closer. Don't know how long we can keep up but it's fun to watch.

Hope it's as fun tomorrow night - I m going to my first game at the yards. Should be an offensive shootout !

Wow I first read this or assumed you meant first game this year. First gave ever at Camden Yards? You should have a great time, hope it's an entertaining game!

Saw this tweet:

@DanClarkSports: Putting the O's great start into context, playing .500 ball from here on in will see them notch 87 wins. This team will get 90+ for sure.

Haven't done the math myself but this highlights the advantage of getting off to a hot start.

DC, I can't believe you don't care for Gary Thorne. He has a great home run call of Adam Jone's homerun in the 7th tonight.

Who cares if Schoop was the batter?

Wasn't watching. But this. Thank you. Made me laugh out loud literally (loll)

Bad teams don't win 7 straight. Average teams don't do it twice in a season, let alone half a season.

We've had some easy games, but winning games you should win is always part of the plan and something the O's have historically struggled with. Keep on it.

Yesterday was a bad loss. First Buck didn't challenge the inning ending DP hit by Álvarez where it appeared the Tigers first baseman had his heel off the bag. Given a run was at stake it was at least worth a look. Then we had the error by Rickards for losing the pop fly in the sun, which led to another run and more pitches by Gausman. And finally, the missed check swing strike call for JD Martínez which led to another two runs.

Those sequence of plays equaled a four run swing to the Tigers.

Cleetz, I hear ya-bad loss all the way around.

Lots of coulda and shoulda's .

The Tigers could have blown Gausman out early and often.

But Gausman stuck around and fought through it - tough outing for him.

The Os had Tiger starter on ropes in the 1st and let him hang around, too. They could have had a 4-5 run 1st inning.

Those questionable moves ( or lack of) by Buck seemed like game changers to me too. The missed 3rd strike by ODay was the real dagger.

It only counts as 1 loss but this is one that may came back and haunt later.

Need to put this one behind and get game against Seattle- not an easy task.

what happened to Parades? nowhere to play him or what, I thought he had a decent 2015 for us.

He had a terrible year at the plate from July on. He also cannot hit lefties. Even when he was hitting well from April-June he struck out a lot and didn't walk. He's also not a natural outfielder. With that said, watch him turn into another late blooming star for the Blue Jays.

He had a terrible year at the plate from July on. He also cannot hit lefties. Even when he was hitting well from April-June he struck out a lot and didn't walk. He's also not a natural outfielder. With that said, watch him turn into another late blooming star for the Blue Jays.

And... no where to play him or bench him. we have enough non fielders for a team of gold gloves...

Rickards has been terrible the past twenty games or so. He's been killing us at lead off. Hate to put Manny there but we need to get some production from LF. Even when Rickards hits the ball its extremely weak. Sure he works counts, but pitchers pitch him to contact because he has low exit velocity and a poor BAIP. Maybe try Reimold at lead off?