ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Opening Day 2016

dc.

Comeback win! Wieters!

Ugh, one of the super frustrating days.

Imagine how Yankees fans felt: 10 hits, 10 men LOB, 1-11 with RISP. Gausman and MacFarland got out of some tough spots.

Btw, I can't wait for Hardy to get back. Team defense has suffered without him.

Lots of chat about SP and rightfully so - it's awful right now. And now Tillman is starting to get lit up. Looks like everyone's season prediction of needing 6-7 runs EVERY game is playing out.

Im wondering, in the absence of a true lead off hitter, whether Kim ought to be inserted there. He has the best average in the team and seems to be hitting his stride.

Put AJ, Machado, Davis after him. Couldn't hurt .

Since when is Tillman getting lit up? Four runs is lit up?

Comeback win! Wieters!

Imagine how Yankees fans felt: 10 hits, 10 men LOB, 1-11 with RISP. Gausman and MacFarland got out of some tough spots.

Btw, I can't wait for Hardy to get back. Team defense has suffered without him.

That was a timely hit! When Trumbo didn't score on Peña's hit I thought for sure it was going to be a loss.

Nice easy 9th too!

Wright was well..... right... last night ! Maybe the short trip to Norfolk did him some good. We certainly are going to need more of those "right" kind of performances to stay in the hunt.

correction, we are the hunt, all star break on the horizon, and we play some dam good ball after the break.

Pretty decent effort from Jimenez. Bats looked good from the start. Anything else interesting happen?

Just a few fireworks! When a pitcher instigates a brawl like that he should get 2 to 3 times the number of games the batter does. If he gets 5 games he'll miss one start.

I really liked the way we immediately put the game out of reach after the hijinks.

Manny is all about Manny...I'm pissed off. Now we may lose him for 5 games with an already depleted infield. When do we stop making excuses for his age?

It sucks that I am sure we will lose him for more real games than they will lose Ventura for; but I have no problem with Manny charging the mound after obviously being hit on purpose.

Until the league is serious about stopping stuff like this it will happen new and then.

What, you don't like a infield with both Flaherty and Janish playing?

Manny is all about Manny...I'm pissed off. Now we may lose him for 5 games with an already depleted infield. When do we stop making excuses for his age?

Completely disagree with you. Ventura had a personal vendetta against Manny. According to Buck, Ventura shook off an off speed pitch from his catcher and drilled Manny with a 99 MPH fastball, his fastest pitch of the night. He had nearly hit Manny last at bat. Buck told Manny to watch out before the at bat, he knew it was coming.

Both Buck and AJ have come out in support of Manny's actions, and it fired up the team. This could be a rallying point in our season.

Ventura has a bad reputation even among his team. Look at the reaction from his teammates, they were not happy.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/the-reason-why-the-royals-have-considered-trading-yordano-ventura-071920349-mlb.html

I also loved Buck's comments post game, both supporting Manny and not so quietly calling out Ned Yost for seemingly allowing it. He pretty much said guys don't keep doing that if they are given the message not to.. the teammates don't like it, so there must be someone giving the thumbs up...

It is fun to watch, especially when guys like Tilly are meeting expectations...

Davis is hurt...why? Because of Manny...hey, but Manny had to defend his baseball cajones...

It is fun to watch, especially when guys like Tilly are meeting expectations...

Davis is hurt...why? Because of Manny...hey, but Manny had to defend his baseball cajones...

If going 2 for 3 with a dinger and an important sack fly is hurt then I hope he brawls every night.

We keep rolling! Starting to feel like 2014 with these close game wins. I recently read an article about the 2005 O's who were 14 games above .500 in July, so it's hard to get my hopes up. However, this team has Buck and a bunch of talent. Tillman and Gausman at the top of the rotation are better than anything we've had in years.

We keep rolling! Starting to feel like 2014 with these close game wins. I recently read an article about the 2005 O's who were 14 games above .500 in July, so it's hard to get my hopes up. However, this team has Buck and a bunch of talent. Tillman and Gausman at the top of the rotation are better than anything we've had in years.

14 games in July sounds too good for that team. But even if it's true, the reality is that team fell apart closer to early June. It was a long, slow death. This team is still doing more than just being competitive, so I'm far less worried. Didn't mean they'll be 20 over forever. But they won't crumble like 2005.