ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Opening Day 2016

dc.

Record 52 strikeouts.

Do you think this is an area the Orioles might want to look at and address?

Is this enough to catch their attention?

Or do they work on something else?

Record 52 strikeouts.

Do you think this is an area the Orioles might want to look at and address?

Is this enough to catch their attention?

Or do they work on something else?

I think, for the most part, they are what they are at this point. This team is

going to have lots of strikeouts some days. Hopefully not 3 or 4 days in a row though. Bad series, but still a good season and good offense so far.

Can't address that mid season or even pre season. We are a team of strike out artists: Jones, Schoop, Davis, Trumbo, Wieters... all historically big strike out guys. Hardy not far behind though hrs not playing of course. Alvarez might be worst of all but used to only play half the games.

Goes to our failures with obp too. They either hit it hard... Or they whiff.

Thursday night;Jiminez vs Sox. Whoa Nellie

I thought Jimenez pitched well tonight and should have been yanked before half the damage was done. I rarely disagree with Buck, mainly because hindsight is 20/20 but thought he should have pulled Jimenez after the almost grand slam.

Defense of Buck: totally decimated bullpen between the sweep in Houston and the shoot outs against Boston... had to eat innings when the chance was there.

Didn't they just call up McFarland? And also Duensing. I know the bullpen was spent I just think there were moves that could have been made to keep the game in hand and not hang Jimenez out to dry.

Oh well, no matter. It's a win.

I was at the game last night sitting in the visitors section right near the Yankees dugout. Lots of Yankees fans last night. Not nearly as many as the pre-Buck days, but I walked up to the stadium when A-Rod hit his HR and the cheers were very loud. I thought an Oriole had hit a HR.

Great game, happy to have won it. Schoop and Machado put on a fielding clinic last night and their arm strength was on full display. Kim is something else: great plate approach, he fits the two spot like a glove. I'm impressed with how AJ has adapted to hitting lead off.

Tough matchup tonight against Nova, who always seems to get lots of K's versus us. Hopefully we can keep the win streak going!

Uh oh... Bundy and the dreaded cutter.

http://m.masn.mobi/school-of-roch/2016/06/showalter-speaks-after-8-6-loss-1.html

Ridiculous, there is no science to support their theory of pitch limits. If his elbow isn't strong enough to throw a cutter, he shouldn't be pitching at all. All we're doing at this point is messing up the kid's psyche. Put him on the IR and let him do a medically controlled rehab so he can get to the point where he can throw a cutter. The active roster isn't the place to rehab.

Lots of chat about SP and rightfully so - it's awful right now. And now Tillman is starting to get lit up. Looks like everyone's season prediction of needing 6-7 runs EVERY game is playing out.

Im wondering, in the absence of a true lead off hitter, whether Kim ought to be inserted there. He has the best average in the team and seems to be hitting his stride.

Put AJ, Machado, Davis after him. Couldn't hurt .