ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Opening Day 2016

dc.

Absolutely terrible loss. Tomorrow is likely to be rained out. No need to bring back out Gallardo when you have a full bullpen. We didn't even need to use MacFarland either.

Hard to blame starting pitching for this loss. Gallardo got his six innings. This loss fall on the manager.

Hopefully this is a learning experience for Buck that Gallardo doesn't have the stamina to go past 100 pitches.

I saw a stat this morning that said Gallardo hasn't recorded an out past the sixth inning in his last twenty starts. I understand letting Gallardo pitch the nine hitter. As soon as that walk was issued he should have been out of there given the top of the lineup came up.

Also, do we not have a better long relief guy in the minors than MacFarland? Two blown saves already and the guy didn't have a good 2015 either. TJ made an absolutely lazy play on the ground ball to Crush.

Pedro Alvarez.

Yovani Gallardo.

So glad we waited for those bargain fellas.

Anyone see the numbers Dexter Fowler put up so far?

I'll keep giving Gallardo time just because. But honestly, cut Alvarez and just promote Mancini or Walker. At least they can play in the field.

Honestly, it's not all Duquette. He's working with the budget and restraints he's been given. But I still look back and think, with what we spent on Alvarez and Gallardo, couldn't we have had Kazmir? Or how about a trade for James Shields? Or last year a move for any other real starter worth a few bucks more?

I'll eat my words on McFarland. Great outing!

Just our luck with Gallardo. We identity shoulder issues, people ridicule us for our physical, and he has shoulder problems.

I wonder what the leash will be on Alvarez? He's getting walks and working counts, but he looks out of shape and is not getting contact once so ever.

Mancini is tearing up AA again. The Alvarez signing had a ripple effect. Mancini without a doubt should be in AAA but there isn't room.

The O's cashed in on a terrible defensive effort by the Royals. The O's were playing smart and fast to win.

We've had some fun games to watch lately. Great defensive plays and stupid efforts like last night by the Royals