ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Opening Day 2016

dc.

14 games in July sounds too good for that team. But even if it's true, the reality is that team fell apart closer to early June. It was a long, slow death. This team is still doing more than just being competitive, so I'm far less worried. Didn't mean they'll be 20 over forever. But they won't crumble like 2005.

I misspoke, June not July. This article says they were 42-28. I have not double checked that. Either way, fourteen games over was playing insanely above that team's ahead. That was the same year we gave up 30 runs to Texas. Our lineup was terrible.

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/121156-letdown-the-story-of-the-2005-baltimore-orioles#

I misspoke, June not July. This article says they were 42-28. I have not double checked that. Either way, fourteen games over was playing insanely above that team's ahead. That was the same year we gave up 30 runs to Texas. Our lineup was terrible. http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/121156-letdown-the-story-of-the-2005-baltimore-orioles#

I went to Jamaica at the end June that year. I didn't have a smartphone and I don't think my friend's worked there so I pretty much had no idea how the Orioles were doing. If my memory is correct I think when I got back I discovered they lost almost every game when I was gone.

I went and looked it up... I don't know if we were ever 14 over, but I do know we had some great records in April and May, then has losing records that got worse as the season progressed by the month. From one under in June to something like only 6 wins in August or September.

Ugh.

But again, that team was very different from this team in many ways... I think at least.

Spectacular outing by Tillman, true ace stuff last night. Britton really stepped up with the nearly two inning save. Outside of the base hit given up he was lights out.

Did anyone see that bomb Schoop hit off Price? I read on Twitter that the ball exited his bat at 115 MPH and traveled 450 feet. Only a handful of guys in the league have that sort of power.

3 runs off 15 hits. Yes, 15 hits. How do you do that?

That will get you a big L in Texas.

We always talk about how this team doesn't get on base, well we had the bases loaded twice with no outs or one out. Eventually you have to get a hit if a pitcher is pitching to contact, or you end up like the Tampa Bay Rays lineup :)

Jones made a very poor decision on overthrowing a cutoff man on a sac fly, which allowed all runners to advance eventually leading to that fourth run. It happens, he'll get it back soon.

I love beating TB. I don't have anything personal against TB like I do Toronto, Boston or NY. I actually really like their organization. I feel every time we win a series against TB is a big "told you so" to all the baseball analysts out there that annually predict TB to win 90+ games and the division.

SI predicted us to win 67 games. I bet they feel really stupid about now.

I watched all 4 games this weekend and just soaked it up. It's been years since I've done something like this.

They are the best team Baltimore has had since when??????

83?????

baltimore-orioles-team-history-03-1024x8

Just stay healthy and they could ride this wave right into a World Series.