ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Prediction Time

vmax

twilightzonewilltherealmartianpleasestan "I think the Ravens are back to fielding a 2016 team that can go into any stadium with a chance to win. That's all I ask for as a fan.

I'm seeing 10 wins.

It will be a different Ravens team that we see Sunday. They revealed nothing during the preseason and we're going to like the hell that they unleash."

Here's local media thoughts...

Stan "The Fan" Charles, PressBox (@StanTheFan)

I think the strength, or maybe I should say relative weakness, of the schedule will pay off with a season of 10 to 11 wins. One other factor to remember about the Ravens' schedule this season is 13 of 16 games are 1 p.m. starts, one game is at 4:30 p.m. and they play in just two night games. Furthermore, there is no West Coast trip in sight, as their furthest destination is to Dallas. That is a huge advantage...

Miles Goodman, CBS Sports Radio (@TheCoachsBuzz)

The Ravens will return to the top of the AFC North with a 12-4 season. The combination of Joe Flacco to Mike Wallace and Breshad Perriman will propel the offense, and Perriman will live up to expectations. The Ravens will defeat the Packers in Super Bowl LI. :gorave: ..

Joe Platania, PressBox (@BaltimoreJoeyP)

With a much more favorable schedule that features less travel and weaker NFC East opposition, I see a deeper, faster, younger Ravens team winning 10 games and getting to the Divisional Round of the playoffs as a Wild Card. Offensive tackles usually aren't breakout stars, but first-round pick Ronnie Stanley has played very well during the preseason and could be a 10-year cornerstone...https://www.pressboxonline.com/2016/09/06/2016-baltimore-ravens-predictions-local-media-personalities-weigh-in

Edited by vmax

Let me bring up an important word: Parity.

There are few, if any, dominant teams on the Ravens schedule....or the NFL for that matter.

They can hang with anybody...lose 6 times and win 10.

a little heartbreak...

hqdefault.jpg

lots of celebration....

toga-party-animal-house.jpg

Last year, the Ravens had 19 players on IR, including many star players. Yet in the last 8 games, our defense was a top 5 NFL defense. Yes, we have young players without alot of game time experience. But I guarantee that by game 7 or 8, the right fit will be in there and playing solid defense. This exhibition series has showed one wonderful thing. Our depth is outstanding and this is critical to a winning success. Barring injuries, fingers crossed, we should go 12-4 and win the AFCN. The Baltimore Ravens don't stay down for long. Bring on the Buffalo Bills. 24-17 and our first win of the season.

8-8 too many questions on defense. Weddle was quoted as saying he needs to have a great game every game for the D to succeed. I think the young pass rushers will develop nicely over the next 3 seasons but this year will be raw. The O will keep us in games but I have little faith in Pees bend don't break philosophy.

Last year, the Ravens had 19 players on IR, including many star players. Yet in the last 8 games, our defense was a top 5 NFL defense. Yes, we have young players without alot of game time experience. But I guarantee that by game 7 or 8, the right fit will be in there and playing solid defense. This exhibition series has showed one wonderful thing. Our depth is outstanding and this is critical to a winning success. Barring injuries, fingers crossed, we should go 12-4 and win the AFCN. The Baltimore Ravens don't stay down for long. Bring on the Buffalo Bills. 24-17 and our first win of the season.

Yet in the last 8 games, our defense was a top 5 NFL defense.

Let look at that last 8 games passing stats

Jaguars - 188yards 2TDs (shit team) L

Rams - 136 1Td (shit team) W

Browns - 212 yards 1 TD W

Phins - 86 yards 1 td (shit team) L

Seahawks - Russel 292 yards 5 TDs (got spanked) L

Chiefs - A Smith 171yards 1 TD (not a pass first team) L

Steelers - 220 yards 0 tds (gave up 100yards rushing) W

Bengals - 160 yards 2tds (Mccaron playing QB) L

Did the defense get better or the opponents get easier

Did the defense get better or the opponents get easier

Look at points surrendered.

Did the defense get better or the oppo

ents get easier

Defense got better.