ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

John Harbaugh is a Top 5 HC

vmax

The Ravens and their fans are fortunate to have him.

There will be at least a dozen HC changes this off season. A dozen franchises that can't get it right.

We have it right here.

Harbaugh and his staff have done a masterful job building and developing the team after a disastrous run of injuries in the pre season.
They put together the leftover parts and pieces that they had and developed game plans and schemes that played to the strengths that they have.
Yes there was trial and error and the team stumbled early on....but they kept their eyes on the prize and worked hard to get better one day at a time.

Now they are legit playoff contenders.

Here's a refresher....

The Ravens (8-6) had more adversity to deal with than the other AFC contenders. Their 14 players on injured reserve top the three teams that have already clinched (the New England Patriots, Pittsburgh Steelers and Jacksonville Jaguars) and the four teams vying for a postseason berth (the Kansas City Chiefs, Tennessee Titans, Buffalo Bills and Los Angeles Chargers).
Baltimore's injured list includes: No. 1 cornerback (Jimmy Smith), two starters on the offensive line (Marshal Yanda and Alex Lewis), its top nickel back (Tavon Young), its best special-teams player (Albert McClellan), a former starting tight end (Crockett Gillmore) and an explosive returner (Tim White) for the rest of the season....These player losses don't count tight end Dennis Pitta, last season's leading pass-catcher who hurt his hip in the offseason, and offensive lineman John Urschel, who surprisingly retired a few hours before the first day of training camp. It also overlooks running back Danny Woodhead and cornerback Maurice Canady, both of whom missed the first half of the season before getting activated off of injured reserve.....http://www.espn.com/blog/baltimore-ravens/post/_/id/41820/john-harbaugh-reports-of-ravens-demise-were-greatly-exaggerated

A lot of fans gave up....myself included. Joe's back issues in the pre season was a real bummer. Then one after another fell. I did not think they could get it together this year.

Yet, they have.

That says a lot about Harbaugh.

Ozzie too. The quality depth was there.

Baltimore+Ravens+Victory+Parade+Zzvdj5Jv

I'm challenging this play... Wait, no I'm not, ok I will...

Don't call a timeout, let's take the 5 yard penalty.

Ok, there is 1:30 left in the game, take your time....

I need another assistant coach..

It isn't my fault, it is the offensive coordinator's, I need another one...

Ok, so we lead the league in penalties again, big deal.

No, he is a decent coach, one who needs to go, being top five of crappy coaches still makes you a crappy coach.

Great coaching by D'Allessandris and Roman have rebuilt the offense part of the way to where it needs to be. And along came Alex Collins out of nowhere.

Yes things are improving but they still gotta finish and then let's see how decent they are in the playoffs.

Yes, I'd much rather be talking about all that than 'how are we ever going to rebuild the team?' mode I was in before. But it's still there, lurking.

This week I'm especially interested in seeing how the young WR's do. With Maclin out they all are getting their shot.

Since his 2008 Baltimore arrival, the Ravens have posted the NFL’s fourth-most total victories (95).
The Ravens are one of only seven teams with at least six playoff berths in the past nine seasons: Green Bay (8), New England (8), Baltimore (6), Cincinnati (6), Indianapolis (6), Pittsburgh (6) and Seattle (6).
The Ravens’ 10 playoff wins since 2008 rank as the NFL’s second most (New England, 11). Of those Ravens’ victories, an NFL-best seven have come on the road.
Harbaugh owns the second-most playoff victories (10, tied with George Seifert) by a head coach in his first nine seasons (since the 1970 merger). (Joe Gibbs is first with 11.)
The 2012 Ravens won Super Bowl XLVII, 34-31, over the San Francisco 49ers in one of the most dramatic games in NFL history. Baltimore jumped to a 28-6 lead, but needed a critical goal-line stand late in the fourth quarter to help seal the victory. The Ravens overcame a furious second-half comeback and a 34-minute power outage at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans to clinch the franchise’s second World Championship.
Under Harbaugh’s guidance, the Ravens have appeared in three AFC Championship games (2008, 2011, 2012) and have won at least one playoff game during each of their six postseasons with him as head coach.
Harbaugh has led the Ravens to 85 regular season wins since 2008, tying (Atlanta) for the NFL’s sixth most.
Harbaugh, Tom Landry (Dallas) and Tom Coughlin (Jaguars/Giants) own the most road playoff wins (7) by a head coach in NFL history.
Harbaugh is the only head coach in NFL history (since 1970 merger) to win a playoff game in each of his first four and five seasons. He is also the only head coach in NFL history to win a playoff game in six of the first seven seasons of a coaching career.
John and his younger brother, Jim (2011, 2012 and 2013), the former 49ers’ head coach, are the only NFL head coaches to reach three conference championships in the first five seasons of a coaching career.
With Harbaugh, the Ravens have a 54-18 mark at M&T Bank Stadium over the past nine seasons, ranking as the NFL’s third-best home record during that span (2008-16).

Harbaugh.jpg

I rest my case. :gorave:

He is easily not top 5.

Belichick, I think McVay and Pederson at this early point is better, Tomlin, McCarthy and Payton are past him. There are a lot of trash coaches in the league right now.

On injuries I think he has a lot of the blame for them. 3 yrs in a row is not just bad luck. He is doing something that is creating them.

13th? Ok Spen, stop drinking and say good nite.... He is terrible, game management, player coaching, talent searching, he is bad, maybe 20th or worse bad. The Super Bowl was luck, these past few years prove it. He still makes the same mistakes every game.

So does our quarterback. So does our front office. Terrible coaches don't have winning records after 10 years. They don't.

You have a drink and lighten up.

Edited by Spen

So does our quarterback. So does our front office.

7 dropped passes today, one bounced off the hands ending up a pick 6, because of a wide out not likely to play on any other team.

I would say, how many of the offensive players would make it on another team?

Any of the linemen? The tight ends? Maybe Wallace, then who?

Any of the backs?

And you wonder why Joe's numbers are what they are?

7 dropped passes today, one bounced off the hands ending up a pick 6, because of a wide out not likely to play on any other team.

Any of the backs?

No, I don't wonder. Joe is average (being kind) at best and declining. The offensive talent around him is terrible.

If Joe doesn't throw off his back foot behind Moore then maybe it's not a pick six. At this point he's not learning not to do that.

13th? Ok Spen, stop drinking and say good nite.... He is terrible, game management, player coaching, talent searching, he is bad, maybe 20th or worse bad. The Super Bowl was luck, these past few years prove it. He still makes the same mistakes every game.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

So does our quarterback. So does our front office. Terrible coaches don't have winning records after 10 years. They don't.

They do in this pathetic league.

Any of the backs?

That pass to Moore was way behind him. The breakdown started with Joe. Joe was short a ton. He was everywhere with his throws.

The problem is with Joe’s contract there isn’t enough money available to put talent around him and keep it. And Joe isn’t good enough to elevate the lack of talent around him.

And that is what I have been saying since they gave him the deal.

Yep, I do not think they will be very good for a few years. At least

Agreed. Time for the full rebuild. Since they waited so long and allowed so many parts to get old and fall off they don't have the chips to make trades and it will take a long while.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/l/baltimore-ravens-postgame-press-conference/vp-BBHFrRr

Harbs post game presser. Go to 1:05.

Is it like his Mighty Men? That goes to the point of this. These are great guys. They just can't play football. But he loves them. His BS is so trite now.