ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

The Future Is Not Bright

vmax

Read this and get more depressed...

http://www.espn.com/blog/baltimore-ravens/post/_/id/42106/ravens-kick-themselves-over-most-frustrating-finish-in-team-history

I see no quick fix.

I'm still in shock at what I saw today.

What kind of a first half was that?

With everything on the line and everything to gain.

We were on our way to victory late in the game when leading by 3, Weddle has a clean pick but it was nullified by that dummy Marlon Humphrey holding penaly. That would have been the game and we should be headed to K.C.

Sadly they won't fire Harbs. Pees is gone retirement, forced retirement, who cares, good bye.

Now get rid of Suggs, great player, clearly past his prime, never shows up in the 4th quarter unless he is unblocked.

There isn't any cap room so might as well bite the bullet and go with the 2002 formula; youngest team in the NFL. Shoot, Billick got them far, let us see if Harbs can coach... Cut everyone over 30, excet Joe since there is no back up, viable, right now and it would be the kiss of death cap wise.

Weddle, Jefferson, always out of position, neither can tackle unless it is a blind side tackle they can submarine. Good bye.

Mosley, I think he is still under contract for cheap, so they have to keep him. But he too is usually out of position, can't get off blocks, can't cover, but hey, he will make the tackle 10 yards down field, make one play per game bwhind the los, early in the game....

Maclin should be gone, he can't stay healthy, he was never on the same page route wise... Wallace should be back, what a fighter. But they can't afford him.

Get rid of Watson, what a huge mistake he was, can't run, can't break a tackle, can't block.

I hate to get anothrr offensive coordinator in here, that is part of the problem, so many of them. But Marty has to go, something needs to gappen so that Harbs really gets the message. Take some power from him, if he doesn't like it, let him walk.

They can't Finish.

They can't Start.

We haven't seen the bottom yet.

That they were able to come back was exciting and amazing...and then your guts get ripped out.

Feeling more and more like a Browns fan.

Max, you nailed it. This team and standards by which it operates are no longer part of a winning culture or feeling.

It left with Ray, Reed et al.

It was confirmed for me last week when we squeaked by a sorry (and I'm being generous) Indy team at home. Instead of being dissatisfied and calling out our guys, Harbs and Co are rejoicing over a huge W over a hapless team and backup QB who nearly beat us in our house. And then we're worried about a 4:25 starting time and us vs the world mentality; really ? And this team everybody was worried about playing in the playoffs? Your kidding me.

This team has been steeped in mediocrity since the SB win and the sooner we bottom out and clean house the better.

The good news is that we play in the Mediocre Football League and one can become truly relevant in a couple of years, depending on the FO, coaching and talent.

I'm ready for the long haul - ditch the old guys, China dolls and overpaid underperformers - and okay with sucking it up for a couple of seasons so long as we bring in the right leadership and talent. We done it at least twice - 2 SBs- we can do it again.

The sooner we turn the page in this old, tiresome book the better.

I'm ready to bite the bullet too. We need a team-wise and front office purge. It will be a tough 3 years but I'll hang in there as long as they start making good moves and have a solid plan. I hope Bisciotti wakes up this time, dammit!

BTW, bring Pagano back as Defensive Coordinator. Nothing was ever as good again as his 'organized chaos' defense.

Ravens are heading into this season withe league's worst cap space. No one here is mentioning Flacco. SteveB. created this mess when he gave Joe $121 million. Joe has not come close to delivering on that. In essence, we are again being held hostage by that cap number this year. Release him and bam, we are in alot worse cap space. 2019 is a different story and it's "seeya Joe!". Yes we are going to need receivers and and tight ends in this years draft. But drafting a QB in the middle rounds is nonsensical. I say take a QB with our first pick because the QB position is all about talent. You either have the talent to be a top teared QB in the NFL or you don't. I have to agree with most people here that we should hit bottom next year and start a total rebuild in 2019.

Ravens are heading into this season withe league's worst cap space. No one here is mentioning Flacco. SteveB. created this mess when he gave Joe $121 million. Joe has not come close to delivering on that. In essence, we are again being held hostage by that cap number this year. Release him and bam, we are in alot worse cap space. 2019 is a different story and it's "seeya Joe!". Yes we are going to need receivers and and tight ends in this years draft. But drafting a QB in the middle rounds is nonsensical. I say take a QB with our first pick because the QB position is all about talent. You either have the talent to be a top teared QB in the NFL or you don't. I have to agree with most people here that we should hit bottom next year and start a total rebuild in 2019.

I agree but don't know if a worthy quarterback should be taken by us in the first round because I'm not sure one will still be there at 16. I'd like to hope so. But, regardless we've got to draft Joe's replacement sometime in the top 3 rounds.

And we also have to draft offensive playmakers...WR and TE.

Hopefully, Yanda, and Lewis will be back to stabilize the offensive line so I say take skill positions with guys who can take over a game.

It's going to take several years but in the end they could have a very good team if they draft properly and dump Flacco in '19.

I agree but don't know if a worthy quarterback should be taken by us in the first round because I'm not sure one will still be there at 16. I'd like to hope so. But, regardless we've got to draft Joe's replacement sometime in the top 3 rounds.

And we also have to draft offensive playmakers...WR and TE.

Hopefully, Yanda, and Lewis will be back to stabilize the offensive line so I say take skill positions with guys who can take over a game.

It's going to take several years but in the end they could have a very good team if they draft properly and dump Flacco in '19.

They have to draft a center. Also Yanda has been injured for the better part of a few seasons now. Don't bank on him being even older now.

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/1/2/16840734/nfl-dad-week-17-ravens-seahawks-playoffs-2017-new-year

Ravens. I strenuously object to Joe Flacco’s existence. If the Ravens offense touches your field, the earth there will be fallow for seven years.

With a chance to respond, Joe Flacco quickly leads the Ravens to zero first downs and fourth-and-14, at which point he completes a pass 8 yards short of the first-down marker. GOOD RIDDANCE, GARBAGE BIRDS.*

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Moore went out with a concussion, Mister Glass went out with an injured ankle from stepping on a weight bag.

So the last series, because of coaching decisions, Wallace & an untested rookie were the only receivers left on the field. So it was two tight ends and 2 wide outs against 8 man coverage with an offensive line that forgot how to pass block 3 rushers.

So please, who ever wrote that crap in their blog, let us be a little honest...

Miracles are expected as normal outcomes since then.

I agree. It would be better to be one of the teams never to have won a super bowl. Then the team could realistically and pragmatically build a strong team in an effort to not win a super bowl.

Also, the Ray Rice play that saved the season? They lost the last game against the Bengals resting starters. So if that doesn't happen, things don't necessarily change.

• 2 weeks later...

Why?

Because by achieving a NFL teams greatest goal, one some teams never have, it led to a few years of mediocrity.

Think of how much better we would be thought of as a team if we had lost in Denver.

In fact, think how great it would be if they had not won the first SB either.

The future is very bright. Did you watch the playoff games? Did you see how bad those teams are that were and even the ones still in the hunt?

Are you kidding me? Even the Pats are not a dominant team, not a well rounded team.

Case Kenum? Blake Bortles? Nick Foles?

Sure, the Vikes and Jags have a good defense, but they both collapsed in the 4th quarter. The Eagles have a solid defense, but nothing too great. The Pats defense is average at best.

None of the offenses are "prolific".

This team is not that far off from these playoff teams, seriously.

I know, the coaching stinks, no wide outs, terrible line, but..

It doesn't take much to be the best of the worst that is the play in today's NFL.

Yes, cap strapped, over reaching front office. But hey, one lucky catch, pass, blown call can overcome all of this....