ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Don't be Icarus

tsylvester

Ok, big win, huge win, two big wins in a row, 4 game winning streak. Everyone knows how good this team, offense, defense, special teams, CAN play.

I hope they enjoy the win today and build upon it; mistakes will happen, but too many, especially the same mistakes, over & over will kill this team.

So they did their homework with their homework buddies, keep studying. Don't get so high on your selves that your wings melt against the hot sun. We saw this the past few years, especially on defense when they proclaimed themselves the greatest defense, only to then fold late in games, late in the season.

The only thing that can stop this team is this team; overconfidence is like rust, it will eat away everything.

Never thought 6-2 at this point; so why not us?

It was a great win. New England played like Ravens past. They made the stupid penalties at the wrong times. Toss new englands .loss up to poor coaching ;)..

That 7 minute drive in the 4th qtr.sealed the Pats fate. It was a thing of beauty.

The defense was tired when they went no huddle, thank the man up above when Edelman fumbled and Humphrey returned it.

But all in all it was a great win and the NFL is officially on notice. As Max pointed out Something special IS going on here.

Edited by cravnravn
Misspell

Turnovers allowed the Pats to stay in the game, they also sealed their fate. Jones is a liability on punt returns, if he isn't fumbling he is making poor choices on whether to field or return the punt.

Ingram is a beast but another fumble, his average of 2 per season ao hopefully that will not be an issue going forward.

Hurry up has always haunted this defense, in my opion that doesn't just go to depth/ conditioning, but also game management; use a time out to help them gather them selves. But then Harbs struggles with game management.

4-4 in the redzone thanks to a penalty on one drive. I know the league tells the officials to keep their flags in theor socks, still, 4 penalties is outstanding for this team, Pats had 7...

So now this game means nothing if they don't build on it; sit Carr as often as possible, he still can't cover; no awareness, no route recognition...

The Ravens are at the halfway point. 6-2!

The wins over the playoff Seahawks and Super Bowl Champs Patsies are huge.

Instead of 6-2 they would be sitting 4-4 with the pre season anointed AFC Champion Browns and Steelers breathing down their necks. Remember...the Ravens were picked to be 3rd in the division.

These were statement games and wins. Measuring sticks.

What I saw the last 2 games was beyond my expectations.

They will lose some games over the second half of the season due to parity and match ups, but they are in the drivers seat.

Most importantly....let's hope they keep improving, the team stays healthy and hits the playoffs on a roll.

LOL!...:bow:

Harbaugh, who oversees it all, provided the proper motivational touches, one of which he pulled from his body during our conversation in the hallway behind the locker room. Removing a black Roger Ximenez belt with purple stitches from his grey Lululemon pants, Harbaugh joked, "Maybe this is what they were playing for. Some of the guys noticed the belt at the beginning of the year and thought it was really cool. I told them, 'If we get to 6-2 (or better) at the halfway point, I'll get you all belts.'"

Will Harbaugh follow through?

"Oh yeah," he said. "It might be expensive, but they're getting belts.".................http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001073380/article/ravens-lamar-jackson-makes-his-case-for-mvp

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, tsylvester said:

Turnovers allowed the Pats to stay in the game, they also sealed their fate. Jones is a liability on punt returns, if he isn't fumbling he is making poor choices on whether to field or return the punt.

Ingram is a beast but another fumble, his average of 2 per season ao hopefully that will not be an issue going forward.

Hurry up has always haunted this defense, in my opion that doesn't just go to depth/ conditioning, but also game management; use a time out to help them gather them selves. But then Harbs struggles with game management.

4-4 in the redzone thanks to a penalty on one drive. I know the league tells the officials to keep their flags in theor socks, still, 4 penalties is outstanding for this team, Pats had 7...

So now this game means nothing if they don't build on it; sit Carr as often as possible, he still can't cover; no awareness, no route recognition...

The problem is Jones is the best they have.  Nobody could beat him out.

Eh, coach's have favorites, and while I agree, there currently isn't anyone on the team better, there has to be someone on the market better at punt returns.

At this point all he does is return punts or try to, so cutting him and getting someone who only does that too is no roster spot loss.

This is a front office call, he is an ex Bama player, and Ozzie fav because he thinks they can revitalize his secondary career.

Enough is enough, if this team is going to move forward there has to be accountability for these mistakes if this team truly wants to be an elite team.

The window is not very big, Lamar is likely to command big money, cap killing money in a few years.

But that is anothe discussion.. This is about not getting too high on them selves and overlook teams like the Bengals, just as they did with Cleveland. It's about knowing their limitations and staying focussed, unlike they did against KC.

Those are two games they should have, not could have, won.

I think the teams focus is the same as Lamars......" “We’ve got a lot of season left to play,” Jackson said. “I don’t really care about that. I appreciate it, but like I said before, I want something better than that.”

He leads.

11 hours ago, vmax said:

I think the teams focus is the same as Lamars......" “We’ve got a lot of season left to play,” Jackson said. “I don’t really care about that. I appreciate it, but like I said before, I want something better than that.”

He leads.

He's an unusually good leader...especially for his age. The team adores the guy and they really want to play for him.

6 hours ago, oldno82 said:

He's an unusually good leader...especially for his age. The team adores the guy and they really want to play for him.

People make fun of him because he talks so fast. If you listen, he's very focused, processes information rapidly and makes decisions in an instant.

In seconds, he relayed to the press every defense Bellicose showed him and he was ready for it. He reads and reacts so fast.

This will be the asset that keeps him playing at a high level for a long time.

54 minutes ago, tsylvester said:

They should destroy the Bengals this weekend, but will they over them for the tough game against the Texans the week after? Icarus, don't fly too close to the sun...

This weeks word is Icarus.....

Your right on all the "caution" and focus concerns.

But remember....

tcsoldspiceraven.jpg

On 11/4/2019 at 2:39 PM, papasmurfbell said:

They were trying out players who play other positions.  I remember Moore trying.  I think they wanted that spot for someone who did more than just be a returner.

Well, looks like Jones's time as a returner are numbered. A possible great signing by EDC, thanks for the link Grub!

We have signed WR De'Anthony Thomas to the 53-man roster and waived CB Maurice Canady.

We have also signed DE Michael Onuoha to the practice squad. pic.twitter.com/2Ymw6H3Unx

Not sure why Canaday instead of Jones, maybe just to have a back up at punt returns... Yeah, this roster can afford that......

I'm not liking this...

Thomas, 26, was released by the Kansas City Chiefs on Oct. 22. Drafted in the fourth round of the 2014 draft, Thomas returned 13 kickoffs and seven punts for Kansas City this season. He averaged 4.2 yards per punt return and 22.1 yards per kick return. Thomas was released after fumbling for the second time this season in a 30-6 win over the Denver Broncos on Oct. 17.

Swapping 'same for same'.

But he is faster, a good catch set of hands and adds quickness to the receiver core. He has better judgement on punt returns than Jones does, so this was a good choice to sign.

My issue is why keep Jones, who is terrible in defensive coverage over Canaday, who is a little better than Jones, though neither is good enough to be in the 5 nor 10 coverage.

Harbs backs up what we have been talking about, so we have a new kick return man as well, Moore wasn't good enough either. This signing could be a great springboard...

“We were really, really doing a good job early in the year, and it’s not as good right now,” Harbaugh said. “We’re going to play, if not the best special teams, one of the top two or three special teams in the league next week in Cincinnati. So, we better go. We have to crank it. Kickoff coverage wasn’t good enough. Kickoff return and punt return weren’t good enough. So, we’re not happy with it. And we missed an extra point, too. That’s just the facts. So, we have to get better there.”

It doesn't make sense to me to keep Jones...he has nothing to offer. I'm baffled to as to why they would cut Canaday to keep him on the roster.

So far as picking up Demaryius,  it does seem to me Max is right. Same problems with him as with Jones.