• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The WR's got involved too.

Boykin 2 catches for 54 yards.

Snead 2 catches, 2 TD's.

Brown 5 catches 42 yards and 2 TD's.

Roberts with 3 chain moving catches.

And the rushing attack vs the #4 run D???

48 carries...48!

285 yards! 5.9 ypc.. Lamar averaged 11.9 ypc.

The Rams ran for 24 yards....ponder that.

Time of possession: 39.56 minutes!!!

Crazy.

Oh...3 for 3 on 4th down. In your face! :gorave:

maxresdefault.jpg

Aaron Donald is one of the best players at any position in the NFL. Leading up to Monday night’s game, Donald was having another impressive season for the Rams.  Yet on a night in which his team needed him to provide a spark, Yet on a night in which his team needed him to provide a spark, Donald was nowhere to be found. With Donald tallying just one solitary tackle and nary a single quarterback hit, his inability to make an impact was a big reason the Rams had no chance to win. Meanwhile, Jalen Ramsey has failed to be a huge difference-maker for the Rams. Remember, the Rams traded for Ramsey only after moving Peters to Baltimore, and so far it seems like the Ravens got a steal while Los Angeles may regret those moves in a big way. https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/winners-losers-from-ravens-blowout-win-over-rams-on-monday-night-football/ar-BBXkKcW?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=U508DHP

big-truss.jpg

i think we'll know about Skura on Wednesday.

Let's hope this holds true...

Patrick Mekari, who made the team as an undrafted rookie from California, replaced Skura in the starting lineup. On the next play, Lamar Jackson found Marquise Brown for his second touchdown catch of the game, an 18-yard completion that gave Baltimore a quick 14-0 lead.

Mekari has played sparingly this season, but his role could become far more important if Skura is out for an extended period. Mekari couldn’t have faced a tougher test than the one he got in his first game with Rams defensive tackle Aaron Donald. But Baltimore’s offensive line didn’t miss a beat with Mekari in the lineup. Harbaugh credited Mekari and Offensive Line Coach Joe D’Alessdandris for the way they prepare.

“I think it says a lot about Pat Mekari. I think it says a lot about Joe D and the job he does with those guys,” Harbaugh said. “Matt Skura was playing at a very high level and it looks like Patrick did the same. There was no drop off at all.” https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/matt-skura-carted-off-the-field-in-first-quarter

The O line was soooo dominant.

The hits just keep-a-coming. :gorave:

The Ravens are now the No. 1 team in FPI's rankings and the favorite to win the Super Bowl — with a 26% chance, just ahead of the Patriots at 25%.

Trying to let this one sink in.

Edited by vmax

9 hours ago, vmax said:

The Ravens were physical as all hell. Bullies.

Old School, snot knocking football.....with speed.

9-2! :gorave:

"We're Hungry!"

Lamar Jackson

It's old school but with a ton of new new concepts.  It isn't easy to stop.

1 hour ago, tsylvester said:

The Ravens are scoring on 56% of their drives, the highest rate in 80 years! According to Elias sports...

WOW

How "lucky" are we that Jax decided not to take EDC's trade offer for Ramsey!?

Peters has been stellar here and while Ramsey has played well, that Rams team is in disarray, plus they have all that money tied up in Goff, Gurley, Donald & have no first round picks for a few years.

Talk about a bullet fired at our heart only to be stopped by a pin. I don't think this defense, this team is as good with Ramsey.

The cost for Ramsey was just too freakin' high. LA mortgaged their future giving up those draft picks and their organization is in total disarray due to overpaying contracts.

And we thought we had it bad with Joe's contract!

Marcus might be just a 9-game rental but he's worth it if our defense is now good enough to help the team win a Super Bowl.

I agree with all your thoughts on Ramsey deal....plus his game performance numbers are way lower than Peters...and he was simply a witness on the field last night.

They rolled the dice hoping to get back to the SB this year. Now they will be in CAP hell for years to come. They are finished.

Lesson? Don't panic, stay the course, spend wisely.

15 hours ago, tsylvester said:

Skurah out likely for the year but the line did not miss a beat with an undrafted free agent center; EDC the gey!

Injuries & arrogance are the kryptonite for this team....Rock On!

Do you think this team is arrogant? More so than any other good team in the league? Just asking because of comments like this and the Icarus thread. Personally, I don't see anything I think is excessive.

Injuries are every team's weakness. I'm a bit worried about the long term effect of the Skura injury.

Edited by Spen

6 hours ago, tsylvester said:

How "lucky" are we that Jax decided not to take EDC's trade offer for Ramsey!?

Peters has been stellar here and while Ramsey has played well, that Rams team is in disarray, plus they have all that money tied up in Goff, Gurley, Donald & have no first round picks for a few years.

Talk about a bullet fired at our heart only to be stopped by a pin. I don't think this defense, this team is as good with Ramsey.

They really lucked out.

7 hours ago, Spen said:

Do you think this team is arrogant? More so than any other good team in the league? Just asking because of comments like this and the Icarus thread. Personally, I don't see anything I think is excessive.

Injuries are every team's weakness. I'm a bit worried about the long term effect of the Skura injury.

Oh not at all, these are more so just reminders, sometimes players take things too far and "think they are so good" that they over look the little things. We saw this a few years ago with this team, the defense caliming, acting like they were the tops, only to be exposed by Denver on Monday night, & for the rest of the year.

This team, however, seems to be having fun, confident but not cocky, energized, taking care of the little things. Shoot, they finally stopped screen plays, two games in a row! When was the last time that happened! 😃

In reply to Spen and Tsy,

I'm thinking about the same things - arrogance, injuries and Skura - my thoughts:

I like to cockiness, confidence and swagger.  They could pump the brake on the showmanship, celebrations after TD's, etc.  However, that's today's culture and I suppose it is what it is.  I just dont want to hear anyone proclaim our defense is scary -  Its the kiss of death.  Just shut up and keep making plays !   

Injury-wise, we have been really fortunate.... thus far this season.  Lets hope Lamar stays healthy and injury free.   We are 1 Lamar injury away from mediocrity. 

In terms of Skura, thats a damn shame he's lost for the season.  His replacement fared well Monday night...... but that was one night.  He will be tested big time Sunday against the 9ers.   Maybe EDC and or Harbs are working on a contingency plan.  Either way, its a critical piece moving forward but i have faith in our FO.    

I was very sad to see Skura get hurt especially after the year he was having. He had overcome a lot of obstacles to reach the level he was playing at. Mekari slipped in to his starting role seamlessly playing a very clean game. When he was called on I thought “oh-oh. Now the fumbles on the snap will turn up but to his credit they never did. 

5 hours ago, varaven45 said:

In reply to Spen and Tsy,

I'm thinking about the same things - arrogance, injuries and Skura - my thoughts:

I like to cockiness, confidence and swagger.  They could pump the brake on the showmanship, celebrations after TD's, etc.  However, that's today's culture and I suppose it is what it is.  I just dont want to hear anyone proclaim our defense is scary -  Its the kiss of death.  Just shut up and keep making plays !   

Injury-wise, we have been really fortunate.... thus far this season.  Lets hope Lamar stays healthy and injury free.   We are 1 Lamar injury away from mediocrity. 

In terms of Skura, thats a damn shame he's lost for the season.  His replacement fared well Monday night...... but that was one night.  He will be tested big time Sunday against the 9ers.   Maybe EDC and or Harbs are working on a contingency plan.  Either way, its a critical piece moving forward but i have faith in our FO.    

Following up on cockiness.... Earl Thomas, shut your dang pie hole about saying we will be in the SB.  I love it when there is quite confidence about winning and making it to the SB.  But its another thing when you say it to the media.   You haven't won jack squat on this team yet.  You've been on this team for what 6 months ?   Weren't you the guy that quit on the Browns' Nick Chubb TD run earlier in the season ?  Shut up and play the game; stupid comments like this always come back and bite !  Niner's guys like Richard Sherman are eating this bulletin board crap up !