ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens Rams Talk

vmax

vs. BAL.svg
Sit of the Week - Jared Goff vs. Baltimore Ravens

Goff has been a shell of the quarterback he was last season with just 12 touchdown passes and 17 turnovers. He's also coming off a 5.2-point stinker against the Bears, and an upcoming matchup against the Ravens makes him a big-time fade. Their defense has surrendered an average of just 13.6 fantasy points to opposing signal-callers.

What do you think team?

Nervous?!

Not me! :gorave:

1bj3y3.jpg

The doubters are out there....like long standing Raven hater Pete Prisco...

Baltimore Ravens at Los Angeles Rams (+3)

This is a long trip for the Ravens, but they are playing at such a high level right now. The Rams are not. But the Los Angeles defense has improved in the past couple of games, and that will be in play here. Even so, I think the Rams will be up for the challenge and will pull off the upset.

Pick: Rams 27, Ravens 26

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/pete-priscos-nfl-week-12-picks-jets-upset-raiders-packers-jump-into-the-race-for-the-nfcs-top-seed/

Team Stats

bal.png&h=100&w=100 lar.png&h=100&w=100
Points Per Game 34.1 24.3
Points Allowed Per Game 19.6 19.8
Total Yards 438.4 378.2
Yards Passing 234.6 280.6
Yards Rushing 203.8 97.6
Yards Allowed 349.8 341.8
Pass Yards Allowed 255.5 252.7
Rush Yards Allowed 94.3

Edited by vmax

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Long trip, coming off of a huge blow out win, a six game winning streak, every media source singing their praises, a Monday night game...

What's that smell? A stinker.... Every team has one or two per season, even the great teams, the all time great qb's....

They should dominate this team on paper. The Rams offensive line is terrible. Goff can't throw when he is under pressure. Sure, he moves ok in the pocket, but once he starts to get hit he hears footsteps and like Watson, you can get in his head. Their receivers are not great, Cupp is the one to watch.

Their defense is legit, but they can be run on, they take plays off up front so big plays can happen.

With that said, this team is not going to win out to the super bowl, they will drop a game or two along the way. I think this is one of those games. Too big of a trap.

I agree tsyl...West coast game, team could be lethargic and have a really slow start that continues throughout the game. The Rams defensive front 4 might be the best in the league. This is most definitely a "must win" game for the Rams if they hope to win a Wild Card spot. But so was last Sunday for the Texans. We saw what happened there. It's very possible for the Ravens to falter here.

There are traps in Hollywood. Will they overcome the temptations of the flesh?

Clark-Gable-with-chorus-girls.jpg

Then again the did fly to Seattle, a longer flight and same time zone....a more hostile environment...and leave with the win.

On paper the teams look basically even, but games are not won on paper. For example: Weddle on Hollywood Brown???? :fishin: Or trying to catch Lamar??? Or any of the Ravens TE's????

Not happening.

If the Ravens avoid the costly turnovers and penalties and make 2-3 big plays then they will come out with a win. If they are a step slower and sluggish, then it could be a long day. This is a hard game to read.

It's hard to see Goff being effective against the Ravens secondary. He won't have any targets and his O line stinks. I don't see them putting up many points and I can see the Ravens D getting some turnovers to set the offense up.

All things considered, MV5BYjcwNjc4N2QtZmUwOS00NzM1LWIzNmMtZTJi I see a Ravens win.

The Ravens have too many play makers and they have this huge "Something Special" intangible going for them. :gorave:

Edited by vmax

"There is no defense that is structurally set up to stop them this year," Orlovsky said on Glenn Clark Radio on Nov. 19.  "Enjoy this. Enjoy this. Don't look at what could negatively go wrong," Orlovsky said. "I know we're wired like that but just enjoy the greatness, because I don't know how long or how many years this will happen, but this is just so cool to watch."..........https://www.pressboxonline.com/2019/11/21/dan-orlovsky-no-defense-structurally-set-up-to-stop-ravens

Edited by vmax

Every time I think this team will come out lethargic or play poorly in a “trap” game they surprise me and come out dominant. Lamar is so singlularly focused on greatness and it’s spreading to the rest of the team.  I feared the Pats, Seahawks, Texans.  I don’t fear the Rams after getting a pretty good look at the vs the Steerlers.  Goff is terrible this season. Their defense is legit but I see no reason to pick against a hotter Ravens team that doesn’t seem to suffer let downs.  Ravens 28-17

What do you think Jason?....

"jasonlacanfora.png

Ravens (-3.5) at Rams

The Ravens are good for about 40 points a week. The Rams don't have the speed on defense to deal with Lamar Jackson and the Ravens secondary will swarm this depleted Rams passing game. Jared Goff is running into a buzzsaw here, and I guarantee you Marcus Peters has a big game. Baltimore isn't letting up on anyone these days in general and is blowing teams out by halftime. I see more of the same here............https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/week-12-nfl-best-bets-ravens-buzzsaw-roughs-up-rams-and-more-of-jason-la-canforas-picks/

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQOiZq91WzYi5DlDjbCjrJ "I concur."

Edited by vmax

Absolutely incredible 1st half.

I thought the Lambs defensive front 7 would put up a fight.

I have to say that I never, in my wildest dreams, thought that I would see something like this 2019 Ravens team. I couldn't dream it.\

Just WOW! :gorave:

9 for 9. 3 TD's. 146.5 QB rating.

MVP!!!!!!!! Can you hear the Ravens fans chanting that? I bet Rams fans are too.

The Ravens bandwagon is loading up.