ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens vs Mexico's Team

vmax

sdut-fans-cheer-for-their-team-befor-201 "VIVA VAQUEROS!!!"

I'm feeling some guilt here associating this team on the fine and beautiful people of Mexico and their wonderful culture, but I'll be damned if I'll let the media here keep calling them "America's Team" without some futile protest.  And besides, they stole the name of Cowboy from the Mexicans....

Vaqueros
"If you are a cowboy in the U.S. today, you have developed what you know from the vaquero." Vaqueros were proverbial cowboys—rough, hard-working mestizos who were hired by the criollo caballeros to drive cattle between New Mexico and Mexico City, and later between Texas and Mexico City

So there. It's part of Mexico's heritage. Nevertheless..As our good friend Bob Hannie says, "I digress.":fishin:

Ravens win probability 81.6%. There is a 0.1% chance of a tie...You won't get this kind of inside information anywhere.

Remember this? images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTtnhKlm7caNIuJfKiUFub...:laugh:

From ESPN.........

Team Stats

dal.png&h=100&w=100 bal.png&h=100&w=100
Points Per Game 22.8 25.6
Points Allowed Per Game 32.6 19.5
Total Yards 402.6 346.9
Yards Passing 290.8 189.3
Yards Rushing 111.8 157.6
Yards Allowed 392.8 351.8
Pass Yards Allowed 236.5 240.2
Rush Yards Allowed 156.4

With 5 games remaining, this is a "must win" game for both teams to keep their playoff hopes alive. The 3-8 Vaqueros are very much in the hunt to win their division.:laugh: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSualYhYmbe5zefAIfJR4f images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbOGJ-_U_a7tkiTzFrSbIimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQVVTm1LnZZnhauOh-aoxx

I can't find information that will tell me the injury report and who will be off the Covid list by then. Perhaps tomorrow. Here's a list of players from yesterdays game: https://www.baltimoreravens.com/team/injury-report/

8:05 kick off Tuesday night at M&T Bank Stadium.

Covid makes for an interesting blade for the Ravens.  On one hand you have the post steelers hangover from being beat to hell.  On the other you have all the guys who made it out of the game on the covid list and are pretty fresh.  And on a 3rd hand how many guys have the long term covid symptoms?  Basically I have no idea what to expect next week.

Here's a small tidbit on the covid list...

Jackson, who tested positive for COVID-19 on Thanksgiving, will complete his 10-day quarantine this weekend. If Jackson is activated off the reserve/COVID-19 list Sunday, that would allow him to participate in one full practice and a walk-through before facing the Cowboys.

Harbaugh began his media session by saying the return of the players on the reserve/COVID-19 list is a medical decision and not a coaching one. Jackson is one of 17 players currently on Baltimore's reserve/COVID-19 list.

By the weekend, the Ravens could get back 10 players off that list: Jackson, running backs J.K. Dobbins and Mark Ingram, defensive ends Calais Campbell, Justin Madubuike and Jihad Ward, outside linebacker Pernell McPhee, centers Patrick Mekari and Matt Skura and long-snapper Morgan Cox.

"When the doctors clear them for practice, that's when we'll have them," Harbaugh said.

Robert Griffin III, who filled in for Jackson in Wednesday's 19-14 loss to the Steelers, left in the fourth quarter with an injured hamstring. The only healthy quarterbacks on Baltimore's roster are Trace McSorley and Tyler Huntley, who is on the practice squad.

Punter Sam Koch, the Ravens' emergency quarterback, won't get any reps at quarterback this week.:laugh:....https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30444861/baltimore-ravens-coach-john-harbaugh-say-lamar-jackson-play-vs-dallas-cowboys

5 hours ago, oldno82 said:

Time to make McSorely the #2 and if Lamar can't play he's who I would start.

Could not agree more, he is quicker and faster than ROHG, and while his arm is not as strong, ROHG has shown even healthy he is not an NFL qb any longer...

My prayers are with you, your son and family 82,

26 minutes ago, tsylvester said:

Could not agree more, he is quicker and faster than ROHG, and while his arm is not as strong, ROHG has shown even healthy he is not an NFL qb any longer...

My prayers are with you, your son and family 82,

Thanks, Tsyl! Things are looking up!

Four return from reserve/COVID-19 list

Running back J.K. Dobbins, outside linebacker Pernell McPhee and centers Patrick Mekari and Matt Skura were all activated from the reserve/COVID-19 list Friday.......https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-sp-ravens-robert-griffin-injured-reserve-covid-19-list-20201204-4m6e5qvfyvbxdmw7wz6emejb6q-story.html

The Team is still banged up...........

Ravens starting defensive tackle Brandon Williams returned to practice Friday for the first time since injuring his ankle nearly three weeks ago.:gorave: ...

Even with cornerback Anthony Averett activated from injured reserve, the Ravens’ defensive backfield is banged up entering Tuesday’s game against the Dallas Cowboys. Cornerbacks Jimmy Smith (groin), who left Wednesday’s game early, and Tramon Williams (thigh) did not practice, while Davontae Harris (thigh) was limited. Safety Chuck Clark (knee), who has played every defensive snap for the Ravens this season, missed practice, too.

Also absent on defense were outside linebacker Jaylon Ferguson (illness) and defensive tackle Broderick Washington (concussion).

Five players missed practice for Dallas: offensive linemen Zack Martin (calf) and Cameron Erving (knee), defensive end Aldon Smith (illness), and safeties Donovan Wilson (groin) and Steven Parker (ankle). Cornerback Anthony Brown (ribs) was limited...........https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-sp-ravens-injury-report-20201204-7fwjm26pgbaihcebfybbnc2q6a-story.html

RG3 is on IR....images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTquU4CVuvWCXt9CR479bL.... so right now McSorely....images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQOAcrqi4PPTd-Ley7RYoO... and Huntley are the QB's. I hear Lamar is feeling well and wants to play..images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRS9q8Mo6BgPyEEQDsvnva

tbru5icyo8igwopisjm4.jpg

Lots of walking wounded here.  Still, no matter who is playing, three things need to happen for us to WIN.

1.  We must spring our rushing attack free -  Dallas yields 156 rushing yards/game - highest in the NFL.   

2.  Andy Dalton has had huge games against our pass D with much fewer weapons (when he was in Cincy).

We must run roughshod over their depleted OL and be in Daltons grill all night.  WFT showed the footprint. 

3.  Lamar is going to be rusty so he must wisely use the rushing attack and work in screens, play action, etc. 

He's gotta take care of the ball.   If he does that, we can take of the game.  

It was delightful to watch Washington defeat the Steelers. :gorave: Then a light bulb went off. If Washington could beat the Steelers (the Ravens couldn't twice) then what about a beat up Cowboy team against a rusty  Ravens team that has not performed as expected all season long?

Edited by vmax

Crazy as it sounds, both teams are fighting for a playoff spot. this looks like a good day for the Ravens to run the ball and control the clock. Elliot leads the league in fumbles. Perhaps he'll play Santa tonight.

Right now I'll be happy with any kind of Ravens win and that they come out of this game healthy. Of course if they win, yet execute poorly and look sloppy, that will not be a good foreboding of things to come.

I hope to see things they can build upon....and a win.

Then it's a quick turnaround to Monday Nights meeting with the Brownies.

• The Baltimore Ravens are getting close to full strength ahead of tonight's game against the Dallas Cowboys. NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports that defensive linemen Calais Campbell (calf) and Brandon Williams (ankle) are expected to return to the lineup tonight. Both were questionable heading into the day and missed the Ravens' Week 12 loss to the Steelers after also appearing on the reserve/COVID-19 list.,,,,,,,,,,,,,Tuesday's NFL injury and roster news for Week 14

I don't see it. Do you?

Save them from the Browns.

OH...save your money...

A bet of $100 would win $280 if the Cowboys win and a bet of $357 would win $100 if the Ravens win...DALLAS COWBOYS vs. BALTIMORE RAVENS - Box Score - December 08, 2020 | FOX Sports

Nobody's stupid enough to do that here...right? hd_5f030d37-84a2-4f9c-8f5f-58d7daefa004_..Hey! How'd that get in here!?

Edited by vmax

Injury Report..........

Baltimore RavensBaltimore Ravens

NAME POS DATE STATUS COMMENT
Brandon Williams DT Dec 8 Questionable Williams (ankle), who is listed as questionable for Tuesday's game against the Cowboys, is expected to play, Tom Pelissero of NFL Network reports.
Calais Campbell DE Dec 8 Questionable Campbell (calf), who is listed as questionable for Tuesday's game against the Cowboys, is expected to play, Tom Pelissero of NFL Network reports.
D.J. Fluker G Dec 5 Questionable  
DeShon Elliott S Dec 5 Questionable  
Jimmy Smith CB Dec 5 Questionable Smith (groin) is questionable for Tuesday's game against the Cowboys.
Chuck Clark S Dec 5 Questionable Clark (knee) is questionable for Tuesday's game against the Cowboys.
Broderick Washington DT Dec 5 Doubtful  
Tramon Williams CB Dec 5 Doubtful  
Kristian Welch LB Dec 5 Questionable  
Davontae Harris CB Dec 3 Questionable  
Jaylon Ferguson LB Dec 3

Questionable