ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens/Brownies

vmax

Forget the week one opening day game against the Browns where the Ravens threw for 270 yards and three touchdowns and Lamar had a 152 rating and Baker had a 65 rating. Those were two different teams than the ones who are taking the field Monday night. The Ravens came in to that game healthy and well prepared while the Browns entered with the new coaching staff and schemes. Yet note this: the Browns ran for 138 yards in that game with a 5.1 ypc. Stopping the run Monday night will be paramount as the Browns offense is all play action.

Ravens win percentage is 65.9% and if you're not feeling it, well... I'm not either. With all the injuries, lack of practice and game time for so many players due to Covid, I think it will be a difficult task for the Ravens to defeat a red hot Brown's team that has been building, learning and growing for 12 games and is peaking at the right time.

Both teams are loaded with talent. Both teams need to win to stay in the hunt for a playoff spot. The 7-5 Ravens need to win a whole lot more than the 9-3 Browns. It's almost a must win game for the Ravens. So we have the perfect opportunity for revenge game for the Browns to put the hurting on the Ravens. They should be fired up. Let's hope the Ravens are too.

What do you think Lamar?

OIP.SPKS5NbfcZ6LLMBqFkRbjwHaDt?w=309&h=1 “Every game is a big game, just like Tuesday was for us. It’s win or go home,”

Team Stats

bal.png&h=100&w=100 cle.png&h=100&w=100
Points Per Game 26.3 25.5
Points Allowed Per Game 19.3 26.8
Total Yards 351.4 371.8
Yards Passing 182.4 214.0
Yards Rushing 169.0 157.8
Yards Allowed 355.5 378.7
Pass Yards Allowed 243.9 274.3
Rush Yards Allowed 111.6 104.3

Scenes we'd like to see...OIP.63oE49EZ7MIfCXv2min6fAHaE8?w=244&h=1

I posted this on another thread: 

"The Browns looked really good defeating the Titans until things started falling apart for them. Up 38-7 at halftime they got blown out in the second half 28-3. They only ran for 118 yards at 3.3 ypr. The Titans had 3 turnovers.

Which team are they?

And this....

Coaches like to repeat the old Bill Parcells nugget that you are what your record says you are, but that might not be entirely true of Cleveland. The Browns have beaten just two opponents with winning records, and thanks to blowout losses to the Ravens and Pittsburgh Steelers, have actually been outscored this season. Analytic measures such as Football Outsiders’ DVOA portray them as mediocre rather than monstrous...

So let's say that there is some hope for this inconsistent, injury and co-vid bit 2020 Ravens team. 

I do believe the Ravens competitive juices are really high and that they believe in themselves and that their goal is still very much within reach.

Another Scene we'd like to see......OIP.FNxRD-J4uuTlW08oD3WIsgHaEc?w=298&h=1

I'd like to hear what you think are the keys to this game. For me number one is to not turn the ball over. Number two avoid costly penalties and mistakes. Number three stop the run.

There are others you can add, such as pressure Mayfield, win the field position battle and score touchdowns rather than field goals.

How about another...OIP.BhPNjEbmuTIisRQWFH7vYAHaE8?w=257&h=1...OIP.NzHVVBlZOe8KZ7Y2DEqaxAHaEH?w=333&h=1

I need some time to ponder my prediction. OIP.g4T0N2P7uaHZAygNGFj50wHaEK?w=326&h=1

Edited by vmax

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Ravens are going to continue to be a little disorganized. Covid has ravaged the Ravens and I can't believe they can sufficiently practice in just 6 days against a red-hot Browns team. If this game was happening a week or two later I think it would be a competitive game but with the ways things have gone for the Ravens I believe they will be hard pressed to win. Brownies 31 our guys 17.

Some players had a pseudo bye week(s) so they will come in with fresh legs. This could be key to victory...

However, the secondary is banged up, the pass rush has fizzled and Cleveland has a very good offensive line with a mobile, very, qb who throws well on the run. Add to that a good crop of receivers, I see the Browns getting revenge..sadly....

I agree that if they can contain Chubs they might have a chance especially if Baker starts to self-destruct throwing the ball. I don't think those two things are probable though. 

I find I have a lot emotionally invested in getting the Ravens a win. Man, I would love to see that happen and us win out. That would redeem an otherwise lost season.

3 hours ago, oldno82 said:

I agree that if they can contain Chubs they might have a chance especially if Baker starts to self-destruct throwing the ball. I don't think those two things are probable though. 

I find I have a lot emotionally invested in getting the Ravens a win. Man, I would love to see that happen and us win out. That would redeem an otherwise lost season.

Plus it would give us an extra week (or weeks) of happy distraction in what is probably going to be a rough winter. 

The key to this game is the 1st and 2nd quarters. Don't let the Browns start off like they did against the Titans. Weather the storm......vRmyzfZFyCQuKAsD%2Bo9eDe2pDp15KT2lyxjbsU......... until the Browns become "The Browns."

Edited by vmax

Few pundits...see photo..OIP.Inuo6LtvevYK29bIlH9aDAHaFj?w=248&h=1..... are picking the Ravens. I had to search for somebody who thought they will win....

Baltimore Ravens 27, Cleveland Browns 24

This might be my favorite game left on the 2020 slate. My heart wants Baker Mayfield's boffo game against Tennessee to be more about his maturation and less about Kevin Stefanski dialing up wide-open first reads against a vulnerable defense. My head says the Ravens' defense will be a far sterner test, with both offenses more dangerous when running and vulnerable when run against. Baltimore needs this game more and has been in this type of game many more times. Experience wins the day...NFL Week 14 game picks: Steelers over Bills; Ravens top Browns

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ9hl5b3PsulqRMANemBS3....."Here's to Hope!"

Mike Preston, columnist

Ravens 27, Browns 24: The Browns have improved since these teams faced each other in the season opener. The offensive line has gotten physical and the defensive line might be one of the best in the NFL. Cleveland’s offense is similar to the Ravens’ because both like to pound the ball, but I have more trust at this point in Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson than Cleveland signal-caller Baker Mayfield.

Jonas Shaffer, reporter

Ravens 24, Browns 20: Ignore their records for a second. Is this Cleveland team really better than the Ravens’? For the season, the Browns have a negative point differential. Even before Week 13, they did barely enough to string together three wins. Cleveland’s best hope is to run all over the Ravens and have its depleted secondary not give the game away. If the Ravens can’t win in prime time, they’re not a playoff team.

Childs Walker, reporter

Ravens 27, Browns 23: Some fans seemed startled when the Ravens opened as a slight road favorite against the 9-3 Browns. But here’s a reality check: The Ravens have outscored opponents by 85 points while the Browns have been outscored by 15. That’s not the end of the story, but it suggests the teams’ respective records are misleading. Expect a tense battle here, with the Browns trying to show they’re for real and the Ravens fighting for their season. The Ravens’ turnover-hungry pass defense will make the final difference against Baker Mayfield...Ravens vs. Browns staff picks: Who will win Monday night’s Week 14 game in Cleveland? (msn.com)

Tough call tonight - who the heck knows who shows up ?    Did Lamar and the Boys rediscover their our mojo against the Cowboys ?

The Browns have a load of talent - especially on the offense and won convincingly in Tennessee.  They are playing at a high level and on the rise . 

We are enigmatic and aren't playing at a level we saw last year....yet.    Can we continue last week's success and show up from here on out ? 

Conventional wisdom says the Browns are playing at a higher level, at home and with a very healthy backfield and WR corps.

My gut says we might be starting to right the ship, and getting some guys back healthy at the right time.       

My two cent prediction - The good guys play hard and keep it close for a half or 3 quarters, but fall short in the end. 

Cleveland pulls off a big W and stamps their playoff ticket.       

This seems to be an "Are You Legit?" game. The Ravens keep playing in these and they do win some. This one obviously has playoff implications. It's almost like a "one and done" game as far as the sense of urgency. The Ravens have not won these types of games in the Lamar era, unless I'm missing something. So....tonight is a big night.