ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens/Brownies

vmax

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recorded the game, great, enjoyable, restful, full night of sleep. Wow what a game, hats off to the players, the coaching staffs, the medical team.

I won't fault the defense for giving up two 14 pt leads, nor for allowing 22 pts in thr 4th.

Covid has ripped this team to its core, they just didn't have the rest they needed, the practice, the extra bodies to play special teams; they are gassed and still gave it everything. That pick was insane, one handed and changed the game.

The offense, wow, hope Trace is okay, but simply spectacular, even with some drops, some missed passes, some missed bkocks, THEY STAID WITH THE RUNNING DUO OF GUS AND JK! WOO-HOO!

Lamar, one note- eat more fruits & veggies, especial high in potassium during the week. Hydration is a 10 day process....

He was fabulous, focussed, electric.

Who knows how far this team will go, but rest up, it's gonna be a journey.

Count me among the ones who had it all figured out - and picked a high playing, ascending Browns team to exact revenge from an earlier 38-6 blowout in Bmore in September and convinced it would take both a shutdown of Baker Mayfield and an epic performance by Lamar to win. 

Only one of those 2 things happened but what I hadn't figured on was Lamar's beyond epic performance.  He played with relentless passion, energy and determination - the substance that makes him and this team a winner.   In Ray Ray like fashion, Lamar flat out willed his team to victory. 

Wow; just wow ! You just cant make this stuff up.   

As Tsy said, who knows how far this team can go but they sure are damn fun to watch.   Its going to be a journey; but we just got to 

keep winning......one at a time...... and treat 'em all like a playoff game.   Remember, Jags went toe to toe with and were a failed two point conversion from OT with Browns two weeks ago.  Just saying ....

I'm with you varav..."they sure are damn fun to watch.":gorave:

And allow me to add, "The Wilting Defense sure makes for wonderful High Anxiety." :fishin: You can't have all the drama without that!

I watched the whole thing---from Cleveland no less. That was a wild romp of a rollercoaster game. I'd have to put it into just a handful of games of Baltimore (Colts and Ravens) football games that will go down in my personal history. Lamar coming out of the tunnel on 4th and 5 to throw a 44yd TD strike to Brown after Brown had been dropping passes all night. Tucker's 55 yard field goal. Even the final play where the Browns played rugby and finally stepped out of their own end zone for a safety to conclude the night.

You can't make this stuff up and have it be believable.

Just a great f**king game!!!

Like Max I'm getting too old for this but as Chuck used to say: "Ain't the beer cold and go to war Miss Agnes!"

How about Gus. So much damage for only 7 carries.

V4ZLTSSOYJA37NG4AL6LLXEKDQ.jpg

Next Gen Stats

@NextGenStats

·

12h

Gus Edwards gained +14 rushing yards over expected against the Browns 8-man box on this 19-yard TD run according to our Expected Rushing Yards model (expected ~ 5 yards). ➤ TD Probability: 1.3%* *Both of Edwards' TDs tonight have been under 5%

Gus Edwards has gained +122 rushing yards over expected this season, 5th-most in the NFL. Edwards has gained more yards than expected on 41.3% of runs this season, 3rd-highest rate in NFL (min. 50 carries).

and how about Dobbins on that 2 point conversion. :gorave:

I know they gave up a lot of pts, but watch the game again if you can. They defense actually played better than the score indicates. Let us not forget, the first score by the Browns was helped by 2 very questionable calls, one for roughing, that wasn't, one for pi, Smith barely layed a hand on the guy and it would have been 4th down. Mayfield was just over 50% completion for the game.

I think if they meet again, Wink will adjust to tight man coverage all game. They just wore out because of the 3 games, 2 very tough ones, in a short time, near the end of the season.  With the injuries and covid players missing, they just did not have any fuel in the tank.

Of note also, Lamar had 124 yards rushing with halfnof the 3rd quarter remaining and all of the 4th; he didn't run any more after that, it was all passing, after passing a bowel movement....

He akso completed a pass from the pocket on a comeback route, that was huge. If they can keep doing that, then there is no sky to limit this offense. Why? With their pass rush, a very good one, the make shift line took another step of playing together. Lamar had good time in the pocket in the 2nd half. A lot of encouragement from this game. While it will be a "short" week by a day, because of the previous real short weeks, this will appear to them to feel like a normal work week.

3 hours ago, oldno82 said:

I watched the whole thing---from Cleveland no less. That was a wild romp of a rollercoaster game. I'd have to put it into just a handful of games of Baltimore (Colts and Ravens) football games that will go down in my personal history. Lamar coming out of the tunnel on 4th and 5 to throw a 44yd TD strike to Brown after Brown had been dropping passes all night. Tucker's 55 yard field goal. Even the final play where the Browns played rugby and finally stepped out of their own end zone for a safety to conclude the night.

You can't make this stuff up and have it be believable.

Just a great f**king game!!!

Like Max I'm getting too old for this but as Chuck used to say: "Ain't the beer cold and go to war Miss Agnes!"

Chuck Thompson lives eh ? Aint the beer cold !  Damn I'm going to have to watch tonight on NFL replay with a Nattie Boh !  

2 hours ago, tsylvester said:

I think if they meet again, Wink will adjust to tight man coverage all game. They just wore out because of the 3 games, 2 very tough ones, in a short time, near the end of the season.  With the injuries and covid players missing, they just did not have any fuel in the tank.

The D was decimated with hurt players. They were at the end of their rope, like the offense, where Snead was warming up to QB.

Somehow, someway, they have to get healthy.

He wasn't taking a shit......

EpQOOs7U8AA845H?format=jpg&name=small

Jackson said he was dealing with cramping and based on the following photo, he appears to be telling the truth.

“For those that doubted the muscle cramps and need for intravenous fluids: the bandage wrap around the forearm near elbow on the non-dominant side.” The bathroom jokes were fun to make, but it appears that Jackson had another more legitimate reason for leaving the field.....Photo Shows Why Lamar Jackson Actually Left The Game (msn.com)