ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens/Titans Wild Card Playoff Game

vmax

The Ravens are 0-2 against the Titans in the Lamar era. He's 0-2 in the playoffs. How can this 23 year old young man not feel the 800lb gorilla on his back?

image.png.4083574d8826ddf78e6b0f6ce4b0c789.png "We still got things that we want to finish," Jackson said. "It's just the beginning for us, to be honest with you."

67.2% Ravens win percentage. That's an easy to say, nice clean way of looking at this game. 

But wait! This is not a stat game. It's a long standing, snot knocking rivary that dates back to the days when both teams played in the AFC Central. There's bad blood between these 2 teams despite what the players say to the media. A couple of photos should tell us all we need to know about Sundays game.

We and our families do not want to see this! Tell the kids to hit the floor and close their eyes!

image.png.162ede2c8c57aacac8bba5160d72f4db.png

Todays easy and obvious statenet: Wink and the Ravens defense are not getting any sleep this week.

And the Game?

dr-strangelove-peter-sellers.jpg?w=450 "Ahhh. It will be won in the trenches."

image.png.1592c2f8ac19d4ee8c9425650abba7e5.png

Eddie George. Derrick Henry. It's the same impose your will game.

You can say those games of the past have nothing to do with Sundays game and that would be true. Different teams with different personel. Or are they actually different teams?

Both teams are high scoring offenses (Titans #4 Ravens #7)  with a dominant, bone crushing running game (Ravens #1 Titans #2). The Ravens have the better defense and having Williams and Campbell back is huge. The Ravens, have by far, the better Special Team unit. 

The scary element here is if the Titans get their running game going, then that opens it up for Tannehill's play action....and a track meet of points. The "Good" Tannehill always seems to show up against the Ravens. He has 33 TD's, 7 INTs and a QB rating of 106.5 for this season. And he has some big, good targets to throw too. If "Good Ryan" appears, then the Ravens have to win in a shoot out. See why the defense is getting a lot of restless nights this week?

Now to be fair. the Titans D is not getting much sleep this week either:

image.png.0489648ea1970f650eeca0555680f3ed.png

If it's a ground and pound game, then the scoring will be lower due to time consuming drives. That may put the fate of a Ravens win at the end of the game in this young lads leg:

Strike the pose!..OIP.3bAM5y4gCaBYcJO9cfzpTAHaE3?w=293&h=1 He can get a little intense at times...OIP.rfswKvirEyQSY8HcqbR08wHaE6?w=280&h=1

But generally he's a "Zippity Do Dah" kind of guy....OIP.NlCRuV9Llqf6fx-8uSRsVgHaEK?w=315&h=1

If this game comes down to Tucker, rest assured my nerves will be shot.

However the good news would be that the Ravens won! :gorave:

Edited by vmax

There's bad blood between the HC's also. Remember the Titans standing on the Ravens logo at mid field?

Here's what happened between #Ravens John Harbaugh had #Titans

NFL_2020_2021_Titans.png

Mike Vrabel pregame:

Harbaugh: It’s disrespectful.

Vrabel: Tell him to coach a game

Harbaugh: It’s disrespectful!

Vrabel: Go coach!

Harbaugh again: It’s disrespectful!

All you need to know about the Titan defense:

The Titans allowed the Texans to score on eight consecutive possessions. Their 19 sacks this season are tied for the fewest by a playoff team in NFL history. And they have the worst third-down defense (51.9%) since the league started keeping the stat in 1994....Derrick Henry, Ryan Tannehill can't afford to let up for Titans in playoffs (tennessean.com)

Edited by vmax

10 hours ago, tsylvester said:

I have no idea which team will come out victorious, will the Ravens try to outsmart themselves? Will they put too much pressure on themselves?

Or will they just relax & play, have fun, take each play as it comes?

We shall see if the expected journey starts now..

Agree...they just need to play their game. Hopefully, they won't be wound too tight. I think they were in both playoff games which is unusual for a Harbaugh coached team. He usually has a steady hand on the pulse of the team.

It will be a tense, drama filled game for the fans to watch. But the team is going to have to play it to have fun too.

For us to have a successful Music City Sunday, three things need to happen:

1.  Our D line has to be relentless in shutting down the the King Henry., start to finish.

2.  D has to be in Tannehill's grill all day -  Wink needs to strategically dial up pass rushes -  & Judon & Co  needs some big time sacks.

Tannehill is going deep, maybe the first series/play from scrimmage to AJ Brown or Davis.  We cannot allow that crap !   

3.  Lamar needs to be the Lamar (after he hit the latrine in Cleveland), play His game, run, pass, elude, and MOSTLY HAVE FUN.              

If we do that, Lamar is happy, Harbaugh is happy, team is happy, and VMax is buying beers for everyone (or at least posting it !).

If we don't, season's over and we go into mourning, followed by denial, then pre draft mode. 

I'm hoping for the Lamar has fun and "aint the beer cold" time on Sunday.  

We have sports to help us escape the world. Espn is wrong to cover the trash, this is no place for it either; it all stinks. Bring on the sports.. Hey, Hills Street Blues is on Hulu! Bout time, not that this series would fly in today's world; but every police;/ law drama is based off of this all time great shows.

Being a Ravens fan is my "free time" escape and hobby. I don't care what hobby anybody has. All that matters is that they enjoy it even if it appears stupid to others. It's healthy.

I enjoy football, love the game, played it when I was young and for a few hours it takes my mind off the serious matters of life. 

There are other relaxing pursuits such as exercise and meditation. 

OK...back to football and this most important playoff game.

Having Williams, Campbell and Wolfe available for this game will be a huge difference as Williams and Campbell were out for the last Titans game. The secondary should be full strength. This is the best we can hope for and better than the defensive unit that folded in overtime and last years playoff game. Tackling drills and technique are being emphasized this week. The corners and safeties have to hold the edges against the run and not bite on every play action fake.

On offense I am wondering how Boykin, Snead and Bryant can help by making a few big plays. That could be that extra boost to put the Ravens over the top

Max ; "you get a 12% raise in pay, special training, an up grade in rank and more action here than any of those hack networks. You've got tight end size with the hands of a wide receiver and a body weight to handle the biggest turkeys on the net. You've got smart eyes, good abutments, and damit I think you've got the guts to make it!"

On a football note, I think Snead will be the key. The last two times they played, the Titans used a linebacker to cover him from the slot, his medium crossing and flag routes were wide open on timing routes, if Lamar will trust him, he beats the linebacker often.

They will clog the middle, use a safety down in the box to control Lamar's running, so deep over routes on play action, if the line can give him time will be open to Brown and Boykin for quick, deep strikes if Lamar will take the shots

:cop: Just In!!!

Dee indefinitely suspends Trumps posting privilege's on this board! 

I found something I like....from Prisco of all sources....

Baltimore Ravens at Tennessee Titans 

Latest Odds:Baltimore Ravens -3.5

These two make no secret about what they want to do on offense, which is to pound the football. Baltimore was the top rushing team in the league, while the Titans counter with Derrick Henry, the NFL's leading rusher. Tennessee beat Baltimore earlier this year and also beat them last year in the playoffs in a big upset. This time around I think the Ravens get revenge of sorts. Their defense is much better than the bad unit the Titans put on the field. Lamar Jackson will have a big day to advance the Ravens. 

Pick: Ravens 33, Titans 23

Pete Prisco's NFL picks for wild-card round: Lamar Jackson nabs first playoff win, Steelers send Browns home - CBSSports.com

I agree also with 1 caveat: if the Ravens are to win, then it will be Lamar and the Ravens offense who will have to have a good day scoring touchdowns, controlling the clock and putting up points. the titans offense will put up points so the Ravens offense has to answer.

It's a game where it all comes down to how well the offense will perform and if the Ravens D can get some timely stops. The O has to take off and be high powered.

On 1/6/2021 at 11:17 AM, varaven45 said:

For us to have a successful Music City Sunday, three things need to happen:

1.  Our D line has to be relentless in shutting down the the King Henry., start to finish.

2.  D has to be in Tannehill's grill all day -  Wink needs to strategically dial up pass rushes -  & Judon & Co  needs some big time sacks.

Tannehill is going deep, maybe the first series/play from scrimmage to AJ Brown or Davis.  We cannot allow that crap !   

3.  Lamar needs to be the Lamar (after he hit the latrine in Cleveland), play His game, run, pass, elude, and MOSTLY HAVE FUN.              

If we do that, Lamar is happy, Harbaugh is happy, team is happy, and VMax is buying beers for everyone (or at least posting it !).

If we don't, season's over and we go into mourning, followed by denial, then pre draft mode. 

I'm hoping for the Lamar has fun and "aint the beer cold" time on Sunday.  

I  reiterate - all three things must happen for us to win.  If all three happen, Lamar is happy and we are all happy and moving on to the next round. 

If we don't have the trifecta, Lamar is bummed and the narrative (on him not winning a PO game or the big one) continues and we are all left wondering

in the off season.   

Lets get the trifecta boys and have a cold one late Sunday !!!!

Hmmm...i think Max is on the right track here. The offense will have to win this game. The defense needs a stop or 2 or 3 in what will be a shootout, essentially. I don't think our defense is strong enough to shut down Henry and Tannehill at the same time. If our offense can control the clock and still score I think we win.

Varav....I think you nail it. Love it.

Rarely do plans like this get executed to perfection yet anything close will get the job done.

Henry will run to the outside so the LB's, safeties and CBS have to hold.

I'll be back to full football mode tomorrow...we have games all day...Thank God!:gorave:

Listening to 1057 this morning was interesting.  For one thing Hollywood's catch efficiency went from 65% last yr to 58% this yr.  He has to work with Lamar to get that up  Also on third down he is basically forgotten.  His numbers are just horrid.  He is basically not even looked at.  

Onto what was said that I find so interesting about this game.  Te Titans pass D is awful and it really hurts their total defensive ability.  But against the Ravens they put 2 monsters up front and load the rest of the field with speed to stop the outside running of Lamar and Dobbins.  They sell out completely to save the edge and the dead center of the field.  To bet it you have to throw the ball.  Since Lamar is averse to throwing to the edge and deep it hurts the Ravens,.  Basically its a styles make fights situation.  They can get killed by several teams bc their DBs suck and they get no pressure.  But since We dont threaten them there they are in a better position.  

Sports are a nice diversion from the real world and this was a year that needed diversions. Thats why it amazes me that some people can seem so miserable watching the games.

I think both defense and offense will have to play well to win, probably more so the defense. I think the Ravens have the better QB and TE on offense but that is it. The RB, WRs, and OL are all better on the Titans - they have more room for error. The defense has to step up and at least slow Henry down, if he gets close to 200 yards it is probably over.

One thing is for sure, if the Ravens score 30 and the defense lets the Titans drive the length of the field to win it at the end, lots of people will blame it on Lamar and question his future and his 'pedigree'.

In the last game, keep in mind, the Ravens held a lead, shut down Henry, for 3 quarters, only to turn the ball over and the defense, less several players due to covid or injuries, tired out letting the Titans back in the game.

Granted, every game is different, especially in the playoffs, so get the popcorn ready, the drinks iced down, an extra one in case we need it to get over the loss or especially if we want it to celebrate a victory...

Game prep: Watch this............

The Road Back to January (baltimoreravens.com)

Tell me you love this team! :gorave:

This is the kind of players we have going into the playoffs:

Wired: Just Good Ravens Football (baltimoreravens.com)

You'll feel much better about today after watching that. :gorave:

I like our chances.