ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens/Titans Wild Card Playoff Game

vmax

2 minutes ago, tsylvester said:

WOO - HOO! While I did not like the class act after the pick by Peters, aint the beer cold!

What a performance by the defense!

They did it in Baltimore, planned and carried out before the game. I certainly understand the Ravens returning the favor especially during a highly contested game.

Anatomy of a loss, I wrote this after the Tucker miss.

2 touchdown passes that were not thrown, one to Boykin, one to Andrews.

One tiuchdown pass that was thrown, to Brown, but the receiver did not look for the ball.

A few bad plays called, not utilizing the players properly.

A turnover that was not forced by the defense, was the right player to throw to, but off by a mile.

A missed field goal to extend the lead.

Throwing a pass with 1:45 left in the game and they have all of their timeouts.

--------------------

Lamar + a great defensive effort = the great equalizers for a surprise win!

Just now, Spen said:

They did it in Baltimore, planned and carried out before the game. I certainly understand the Ravens returning the favor especially during a highly contested game.

Oh I know, but just because someone else goes classless does not mean we should. In any event, as I said, I get it, they are young men.

6 minutes ago, tsylvester said:

Anatomy of a loss, I wrote this after the Tucker miss.

2 touchdown passes that were not thrown, one to Boykin, one to Andrews.

One tiuchdown pass that was thrown, to Brown, but the receiver did not look for the ball.

A few bad plays called, not utilizing the players properly.

A turnover that was not forced by the defense, was the right player to throw to, but off by a mile.

A missed field goal to extend the lead.

Throwing a pass with 1:45 left in the game and they have all of their timeouts.

--------------------

Lamar + a great defensive effort = the great equalizers for a surprise win!

True to form. Miserable as always 

5 minutes ago, tsylvester said:

Oh I know, but just because someone else goes classless does not mean we should. In any event, as I said, I get it, they are young men.

Oh I get it, I assumed you were just whining 

Edited by Spen

1 hour ago, Spen said:

I have a feeling the second half is going to be key in deciding who wins this game

I'm not a person who bases their self worth on telling people "I told you so" on message boards, unlike some people I know, but I had a feeling about this and I was right

8914302096200178691?sqp=4sqPyQSWAUKTAQgA "Just the facts."

This game was a dogfight from beginning to end. As it should be. 

The Titans have #3 offense in the NFL and the Ravens defense held them to 209 yards and 13 points. They held Henry to 18 carries for 40 yards and a 2.2 yards per carry average. They had to punt 5 times. The Ravens had a seven minute time of possession edge.

Let that sink in. :gorave:

The Ravens rushed for 236 yards for 6.7 yards per carry. Lamar accounted for 136 of those yards for 8.5 yards per carry and a touchdown. Dobbins and Gus each averaged 4.8 yards per carry.

Marquise Brown had seven receptions for 109 yards for a 15.6 yards per reception average.

24 passes. 35 runs = winning formula. Wink didn't get cute.

The Baltimore Ravens are on a roll. All cylinders are firing.

Up next Bills or Chiefs depending on who wins the Steelers/Browns game. If Browns win then the Ravens play the Bills. If Steelers win then the Ravens play the Chiefs.

MV5BYjcwNjc4N2QtZmUwOS00NzM1LWIzNmMtZTJi Who do you want to see win?

Edited by vmax

8 minutes ago, vmax said:

8914302096200178691?sqp=4sqPyQSWAUKTAQgA "Just the facts."

This game was a dogfight from beginning to end. As it should be. 

The Titans have #3 offense in the NFL and the Ravens defense held them to 209 yards and 13 points. They held Henry to 18 carries for 40 yards and a 2.2 yards per carry average.

Let that sink in. :gorave:

The Ravens had a seven minute time of possession edge.

The Ravens rushed for 236 yards for 6.7 yards per carry. Lamar accounted for 136 of those yards for 8.5 yards per carry and a touchdown. Dobbins and Gus each averaged 4.8 yards per carry.

Marquise Brown had seven receptions for 109 yards for a 15.6 yards per reception average.

The Baltimore Ravens are on a roll. All cylinders are firing.

Up next Bills or Chiefs depending on who wins the Steelers/Browns game. If Browns win then the Ravens play the Bills. If Steelers win then the Ravens play the Chiefs.

MV5BYjcwNjc4N2QtZmUwOS00NzM1LWIzNmMtZTJi Who do you want to see win?

I don't really like either match-up but I'd much rather go to Buffalo. I think the Chiefs are the best in the league, even if they haven't looked great the second half of the season. 

Yea man! Loving it. :gorave:

Meaningful football in January. Very meaningful. Ravens football. Playoff football. I love this team. They are so well balanced.

Here's when and how the worm turned:

Then Jackson and the Ravens fell behind 10-0 in the first quarter after a poor downfield throw resulted in an interception, setting up a Titans field goal. Unlike last season -- when early mistakes snowballed -- Jackson rebounded by going 16-of-21 for 178 yards the rest of the way.....Baltimore Ravens QB Lamar Jackson tops 100 yards rushing en route to first career playoff win (espn.com)

Now the key to this being able to happen was the Ravens defense. It doesn't happen without all those stops. They held the Titans offense to 30 yards,0 points, on their next 3 possessions while the Ravens put up 17 points.

It turned there. The Ravens had settled in and took over.

LOL! Forsett: 

The average human pulls both hamstrings off the bone trying to run as fast as Lamar Jackson.

Not anymore:

Lamar winless in playoffs.

The Titans are 8-0 this season when leading by 10+ points at any point according to ESPN Stats & Info.

Over the past 5 seasons, teams that trailed by 10 or more points in the 2nd quarter of a playoff game are a combined 1-13. H/T ESPN Stats & Info.

The Ravens (12-5) snapped a string of 21 straight games lost by the franchise in either the regular season or playoffs when trailing by 10 or more.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSUwUgFww3cFiRlPKxCGnG   "What do you think Lamar?"

OIP.EQc21KQUq_nVbbDkdbyg7AHaFV?w=244&h=1  "We didn't get rattled, Our defense was tired of hearing the noise," Jackson said. "And they did what they were supposed to do."

Quick hit:

RUSHING; This game pitted the NFL's top two rushing teams, and the Ravens won that category too. Baltimore had a 236-51 edge in yards and had 13 first downs rushing compared to only one for Tennessee.....Ravens vs. Titans - Game Recap - January 10, 2021 - ESPN

Edited by vmax