ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens Bills Divisional Playoff Game

vmax

No. 2 Bills vs. No. 5 Ravens

gettyimages-1187271011.jpg?w=1000

The Bills are the second best team left in an AFC Playoff field of excellent teams. To be the best, you have to beat the best.

The Bills are very hot. Josh Allen is playing at an incredibly high level with his arm and legs.  Diggs is slaughtering secondary's. Ravens are away in Buffalo. The Mafia is there...Oh Shit!

But wait! The Ravens aren't too shabby either. :gorave: They have been on a run of their own. The Ravens are healthy and fielding their full roster and that was enough to destroy the Titans. Best of all, the defense was dominant like the Ravens defenses of yesteryear. They totally shut down Derrick Henry and should have a nice outing against the Bills who struggle to run the ball.

So...that leaves it up to Allen and the Bills passing game which is really damn good. 

Can the Ravens pressure Allen like last year? 6 sacks and tons of blitzes?

We'll see.

1032856334.jpg.0.jpg

Date: Saturday, Jan. 16 | Time: 8:15 p.m. ET | TV: NBC

Opening line: Bills -2.5

Last meeting: Week 14, 2019 (Ravens 24, Bills 17)

Meeting of 2 first round draft picks from 2018 draft. OIF.AWVCtag86rlY30u3L3E0xA?w=259&h=180&c..There will be more.

Team Stats

bal.png&h=100&w=100 buf.png&h=100&w=100
Points Per Game 29.3 31.3
Points Allowed Per Game 13.0 24.0
Total Yards 374.4 406.8
Yards Passing 182.4 299.1
Yards Rushing 191.9 107.7
Yards Allowed 216.0 472.0
Pass Yards Allowed 165.0 309.0
Rush Yards Allowed 51.0 163.0

Last game:

The Ravens played in Orchard Park, N.Y. last season and came out with a hard-earned December win, 24-17. Baltimore never trailed in the game, but the Bills nearly pulled off a fourth-quarter comeback. Marcus Peters broke up a pass to the end zone – then drank a beer in the stands with fans – to preserve the Ravens' win.

In windy conditions, Lamar Jackson was 16-of-25 for 145 yards, three touchdowns and an interception. The Ravens' ground game averaged just 3.6 yards per carry with 118 yards on 33 carries. Meanwhile, Allen was 17-of-39 for 146 yards and a touchdown. He was sacked six times….Ravens Set to Face Bills in Divisional Playoffs (baltimoreravens.com)

And now, for Todays Way Too Big Cut And Paste!

image.thumb.png.3a3743c81309ff5e57566d5f83314fbe.png

Sounds like good playoff weather to me. The Ravens are built for it.

1014380983-Ravens-at-Bills-Mulville-0171

Should the Ravens win, Dee said she'll open the pool. images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTntBMqk0Allxp-9NYuiwAimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcT1rZg32S0uEAe_5XkABZJ..looks like fun.

Since all of us were  so certain the Ravens would stop Henry last Sunday...in fact!...since the whole board's eyesight, keen wit and intelligence predicted that...let's just skip the drama and ruin the outcome of this game for everybody.

MV5BYjcwNjc4N2QtZmUwOS00NzM1LWIzNmMtZTJi  "How do you see this game shaking out?"

Edited by vmax

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Max, your analysis really nailed it.  I see the key matchups as (1) our running game vs Buffalo's D, and (2) Josh Allen vs our secondary.  

I like our running game and exploiting their D.   Our running attack, given the weather conditions, must be strong, protect the rock and control the clock.

Buffalo's offense, especially pass O, is prolific.  Our pass rush and secondary must play complimentary D and cant let Allen beat us with his feet.   

Both teams are red hot, motivated and well coached.  Whoever executes the best and protects the rock will come out on top !    

Should be a slobberknocker !  

Mmm what to make of this game.. The defense riding a high, will they come down and mope or will they have their cake & eat it too?

Can Lamar stop the turnovers, play his game at night in the bright spot light or will he whither in heat?

Allen is looking for revenge, 70 freaking percent completion rate, down field passing too boot!

Ok, I'm a timmy downer, but I just don't see the Ravens winning this game....

59 minutes ago, tsylvester said:

Ok, I'm a timmy downer, but I just don't see the Ravens winning this game....

Well the good news is that if they lose you might be miserable, but if they win you'll probably be miserable anyway. So silver lining!

OIP.r9LJxZgBNROLS7Qmb2ri2wHaDv?w=314&h=1 "Hey! No urinating in the pool!"...vVZQzM.gif

If you watched the Colts/Bills game the Bills were lucky to win. Reich doesn't kick the field goal. They miss an extra point...Colts win if that doesn't happen.

Allen's great. Love the guy. Bills are very good.

So who has the more solid overall team?

I think the Ravens.

I want to go swimming this weekend. sandlot-gif.gif

1 hour ago, vmax said:

OIP.r9LJxZgBNROLS7Qmb2ri2wHaDv?w=314&h=1 "Hey! No urinating in the pool!"...vVZQzM.gif

If you watched the Colts/Bills game the Bills were lucky to win. Reich doesn't kick the field goal. They miss an extra point...Colts win if that doesn't happen.

Allen's great. Love the guy. Bills are very good.

So who has the more solid overall team?

I think the Ravens.

I want to go swimming this weekend. sandlot-gif.gif

Overall I think the Bills are better. I am somewhat encouraged by the Bills rushing defense. Not great. If we can run the ball, that opens all kinds of possibilities.

Interesting matchup. The Bills can't run well but pass with abandon and success. Their defense is crap. The Ravens have a great secondary. If our front seven can provide a good pass rush the secondary should hold up though you'll have to give Diggs a TD pass; he's just that good. In theory our running offense should cause the Bills fits especially if we can work a good pass or two into the mix like last week.

I like our chances. Hopefully we don't let the weather play mind games with us.

More "stuff"...

Best mismatch for Ravens: Run, run, run. Baltimore led the league in rushing average (5.5) and total rushing yardage (3,071) in the regular season, paced by quarterback Lamar Jackson and back J.K. Dobbins.

Conversely, Buffalo's rush defense was T-22nd in YPC against (4.6) and on Saturday, allowed 163 rushing yards on 5.4 YPC to the Indianapolis Colts. If the Bills can't limit Baltimore on the ground, they'll go home.

Best mismatch for Bills: Moves in space. Baltimore blitzes more than any team in football (45.4%) and also has the second-most missed tackles (135). If Josh Allen can get the ball out clean and have Stefon Diggs, Gabriel Davis and/or John Brown make someone miss, it's off to the races.

Now, Baltimore has a pair of excellent cornerbacks in Marlon Humphrey and Marcus Peters, but the latter is notably a lousy tackler. Don't be shocked if Allen looks his way....NFL Divisional round preview: 3 facts to know about each game (msn.com)

Gutsy win by the Bills, but their defense has some serious issues and if they had to come up against a team that specializes in running the football they could be in big trouble .....:thumbup:..…NFL insider notes: Texans' many troubles put coach search under scrutiny, Washington's next steps and more - CBSSports.com

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRkt7DWd1zBwt82IDp3Psn 

As

pointed out, there is a 10% chance of an AFC championship game in Baltimore this year. It would be 6th-seeded Browns at 5th-seeded Ravens.

"Allen has the ability to make every dynamic play in the book (and he's made a lot of them), but sometimes his tendency to do too much bites him in the butt. … Is Allen going to make a play that costs the Bills the game? I hope the Bills' season doesn't end that way, but it's certainly possible." 

"I think Jackson will have more opportunities in the run game and play that off the pass, whereas Allen will have to do everything on his own," NFL Network's Marc Ross said. "We've seen him do that and carry the Bills in some big-time games this year … but I definitely think it plays into the Ravens' favor where they know the Bills will have to be one-dimensional throwing the ball."

The Ravens defense faced a similar test last week and made the Titans one-dimensional. Derrick Henry was held to 40 yards and 2.2 yards per carry. That forced Tennessee to rely on Ryan Tannehill, who finished with just 165 passing yards and a touchdown...Late for Work 1/13: Not an Overreaction: Ravens Are Dangerous Enough to Win It All (baltimoreravens.com)

Edited by vmax

OK. Here's my nightmare:

Remember how the Ravens D does against the Chiefs? :nono:

Short, fast guys running all over the place? Accurate QB....

Look for the same from Allen, Beasley and Diggs. When the Bills need a 1st down to move the chains that's when Allen connects with Beasley. Short quick passes beat any rush Wink can dial up.

Did I mention how poor the Ravens LB's cover? The Bills will attack the middle all day.

Tackling will be key to minimize YAC .

The good news is this is the only strength of the Bills team. Yet it's a very strong strength. 

Defense wins Championships and for the Ravens to come out with a W, then the defense has to show up like last Sunday.

OIP.atE3qpgUf-uQbss8q7YSIQHaF4?w=223&h=1 How much will he be missed? OIP.3vgIZ8coHCRYxTjX9iUQCgHaEK?w=292&h=1 Run Lamar Run! OIP.-qHbGPUxL0au4DIujYisNAHaI-?w=140&h=1

Weather forecast: 1-3 inches of snow. 17mph winds. 36 degrees.

Who gets the advantage?

99e30a592e11211b1da06558aad597a9--snow-s

While Buffalo’s defense held Lamar Jackson to 40 rushing yards in the 2019 meeting, this unit took a step back in 2020. Just consider the Bills only registered one quarterback hit and failed to record a sack against Philip Rivers on wild card weekend. An inability to even put a hand on Jackson will cause major problems for the Bills. Plus, if it’s snowing, Jackson will be even more tempted to run the football. We expect the Ravens’ offense to overwhelm the Bills on the ground, with Jackson leading the way as he rushes into the NFL’s record books.,,,Bold predictions for NFL divisional round games (msn.com)

Edited by vmax

Another weather update from CBS:

The Weather Channel says  34 degrees at kick off. 20% chance of rain. 13 mph winds. There could be a few lake effect snow showers around the second half...a 50% chance of up to 1 inch.

Today it is raining there untill around 10-11pm....possible snow showers over night.  Don't know what effect that will have on the field.

As you can see, it's hard to tell...so...I guess we'll have to tune in and watch the game! :gorave:

This song came right to my mind when I read your post Max..
Slip slidin' away
Slip slidin' away
You know the nearer your destination
The more you're slip slidin' away
I know a man
He came from my home town
He wore his passion for his woman
Like a thorny crown
He said Delores
I live in fear
My love for you's so overpowering
I'm afraid that I will disappear
Slip slidin' away
Slip slidin' away
You know the nearer your destination
The more you're slip slidin' away

Sorry I haven't been here to provide my insight the past few days. I have been working on a Raven haiku epic poem!

Baltimore Ravens 

Flying proudly through the sky

Gridiron fighters 

The fans watch and gasp

As the battle rages on 

United the cheer 

Caw caw caw caw caw

Caw caw caw caw caw caw caw

Caw caw caw caw caw

You can use that,  just something me and the guys at the quarry came up with

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRv2c94MGVHiQJ73NhHxXO  "What are Weather conditions for the game tonight Kayleigh?

"I'm glad you asked! How did you know that I am going to forecast the weather in Edmonton? To be honest it will be 33 degrees that will feel like 26. 13-15 mph winds and no precipitation."

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQC3JUn1iIv02SmyWTBlN9

Edited by vmax

Yea...but...if the Ravens win, then that would make them one game closer to playing Rodgers and the Packers who destroy everybody. They crush anybody in their way.. We would watch that game and become depressed persons.

Think it through. We would become walking depressed persons.