ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Orioles 2021

vmax

Opening day 3-0  shut out of the Red Sox!

The Means and Montcastle show. Means threw 7 scoreless innings. He had control all the way.  At one point he set down 18 straight batters! 

Here's an obscure stat. Considering all the great Oriole pitchers of the past, Means is the first Orioles pitcher since 1901 to go 7 or more innings on Opening Day allowing 1 hit or fewer. :bow:

Who'd-a-thunk?!

Montcastle hit a 2 run double off the Green Monster.

Sweet start to the season. I never expected Orioles pitching to hold up against that line up.

Retirement is good. I got to watch my first opening day game in about 20 years.

Not so good is the outrageous price for jerseys....

Men's Baltimore Orioles Nike Black Alternate Authentic Team Jersey

$259.99

That is robbery.
Edited by vmax

Like this!

CDKbfZXn_normal.jpg

Likely the best Opening Day start in Orioles history. John. Means. Business. :bow:

Oh they're looking real good for todays game...

First pitch: 1:10 p.m.

TV/Radio: MASN/105.7 FM

Starting pitchers: Orioles RLHP Matt Harvey (0-3, 11.57 ERA in 2020) :scared: vs. Red Sox RHP Tanner Houck (3-0, 0.53 ERA in 2019)

Could today be "Bombs Away!"

After the first 3 innings I thought the Orioles would be lucky to get a hit or a run with how awesome Houck was pitching. He looked un-hittable.

4-2 O's win. :gorave: 

Franco broke it open in the 4th with a 2 run single....and Harvey held the Sox to 1 run in 4 and 2/3rds innings. Plutko gets the win....the bull pen held up for the 2nd day in a row. Valdez make it nerve wracking in the 9th by allowing the first 2 batters to get on. Then....he got his shit together.

image.thumb.png.93c6786fb8cc95567a399e97bb174971.png

10-0 Orioles are up...still top of the 3rd inning. 

Ok....I've seen 3 days of the Red Sox pitchers and they suck. 

So....An assumption here....too early to tell how good the Orioles are. It looks like a 3 game sweep is in the making and from what I have seen, the Orioles are cashing on their opportunities. Few mental errors and the pitching is holding up.

I don't know how well the Sox are as far as hitting and scoring. Are they making the O's pitchers look better than they are?

I'm just getting back to watching baseball....maybe. I was an avid fan until 1999. Followed almost every game by radio or TV. 

So I have a lot of catching up to do.

On 4/2/2021 at 8:35 PM, vmax said:

Opening day 3-0  shut out of the Red Sox!

The Means and Montcastle show. Means threw 7 scoreless innings. He had control all the way.  At one point he set down 18 straight batters! 

Here's an obscure stat. Considering all the great Oriole pitchers of the past, Means is the first Orioles pitcher since 1901 to go 7 or more innings on Opening Day allowing 1 hit or fewer. :bow:

Who'd-a-thunk?!

Montcastle hit a 2 run double off the Green Monster.

Sweet start to the season. I never expected Orioles pitching to hold up against that line up.

Retirement is good. I got to watch my first opening day game in about 20 years.

Not so good is the outrageous price for jerseys....

Men's Baltimore Orioles Nike Black Alternate Authentic Team Jersey

$259.99

That is robbery.

Means was awesome. What a start for Mullins!

13 hours ago, Spen said:

Means was awesome. What a start for Mullins!

Yes! And how about Zimmermann!  Ellicott City born and bread. Right next to the sweet air of Catonsville! :yeah:

• Upvote 1

O's were slaughtered 7-0 by the Stankies.   Sceroler seems like the only bright spot of the game for them or the score would have been way worse.

So...they played a real team and didn't match up.

Nice! He's got to be from good stock. That's all we have this side of town...😃

One more game against the Yankees today and then....

..opening day at Camden Yards on Thursday afternoon...3:05 start I think. 

Got my 2nd Phizer shot today and I am itching to get out. Next Sunday and Thursday there are 1:05 starts against the red Sox and then the Mariners.It's tempting. I hear you can't bring food in and you have to go through a maze of moves to purchase food there. Can't they just swipe my card?

OIP.nMZLFgaIS8LPN_2U4VlRxwHaGp?pid=ImgDet&rs=1

yea... O's first win in Yankee stadium since Roosevelt. It took 11 innings...and the bullpen didn't cave.

3:05 start today for their home opener. Harvey gets the start.

If you plan on going to any games then here's some tips:

Is it safe?

The Orioles are instituting many new measures for this season to ensure ballpark safety, many of which mirror those taken at their Spring Training home of Ed Smith Stadium in Sarasota, Fla., this spring. Tickets will be assigned only in pod seating, with pods of two, four and six available, to practice social distancing. Also, masks are required at all times unless fans are actively eating or drinking in their ticketed seats.

The ballpark will be entirely cashless in 2021. Fans can pay with debit or credit card or exchange cash for money cards at two reverse ATMs, which can then be used at food and merchandise stands. Fans can also mobile order using the MLB Ballpark app. Tickets will only be distributed digitally this season.

Will there be any restrictions?

The Orioles are not requiring fans to be vaccinated or produce a negative COVID-19 test result to attend games, but the club is strongly encouraging all Baltimoreans to do so with a public-facing promotional campaign. The club does ask fans who are not feeling well to stay home.

At the park, outside items will be limited. Fans are not allowed to bring personal bags, food or water into the stadium....Orioles 2021 home opener FAQ (mlb.com)

More Yard! Serverino.....3-2 O's.

Harvey's hanging in there...4th inning.

Hyde's not...he got pissed on a questionable call and was thrown out.

Hellova diving catch by Mullins....he was flying to get to the ball. Great speed, acceleration and glove.

Edited by vmax

Baseball allows for multi tasking. I just finished reading the Constitution...serious. If this was football then I'd still be on the first paragraph.

Oriole pitching is breaking down. Here we go....

Yea...this is a low budget telecast....Palmer hasn't even shaved.

Final 7-3. 

I can't sit for 3 hours and watch this on TV without having other things to do. I might go to radio on work on stuff.

3 hours ago, vmax said:

Yea...this is a low budget telecast....Palmer hasn't even shaved.

Final 7-3. 

I can't sit for 3 hours and watch this on TV without having other things to do. I might go to radio on work on stuff.

Baseball on the radio can be a beautiful thing. Not so much with the crew I heard today though. No offense to them but they were not good. You can't take a sports call in host and slot in into play by play and expect him to be good. 

Hopefully they improve. It can happen. 

They only gave up 6 home runs yesterday. I wonder if they know how to pitch in Camden Yards.

O's are #26 in the Power Rankings after a rough series...

26. Baltimore Orioles (+3)

The Yankees are #6 and Red Sox #16.

Up next: 4 game series with the Mariners. #25 on this list.

MV5BYjcwNjc4N2QtZmUwOS00NzM1LWIzNmMtZTJiMDE1NDA4MmM1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjUxMjc1OTM@._V1_UY100_CR30,0,100,100_AL_.jpg "Let's see what happens."

Edited by vmax