ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Orioles 2021

vmax

They have that square over the plate and that confuses me more about balls and strikes. The umpires are not consistent....more confusion. Announcers calling games from home....more confusion for a confused and disturbed mind.

Image result for Twilight Zone Three Eyes I don't get it.

3-1 loss to the Mariners. I watched the game. The Orioles have little discipline at the plate. They will swing at anything. The Mariners won't.

Make the pitchers pitch.

Camden Yards looked nice....very inviting.

4 hours ago, vmax said:

3-1 loss to the Mariners. I watched the game. The Orioles have little discipline at the plate. They will swing at anything. The Mariners won't.

Make the pitchers pitch.

Camden Yards looked nice....very inviting.

The at bats with the bases loaded in the 6th were pretty awful. 

Yea...the pitching too.

At least Hyde sees and points out what is wrong with the offense. I thought they were swinging at anything so pitchers kept throwing junk....which they swung at.

Hyde said the offense’s pre-series meeting before matching up for three games with the red-hot Oakland Athletics focused on “strike-zone discipline, management, taking one at-bat at a time, one pitch at a time.” But through the series’ first 18 innings, the Orioles have managed only three runs while drawing two walks to 19 strikeouts. “We just have a lot of guys that are trying to make up for the start of the year with one at-bat,” Hyde said before Saturday’s 7-2 loss, “and that’s not how it works.”. “Pitchers in this league, if you show that you’ll expand, they’re just going to keep expanding on you until you bring them back into your strike zone,” Hyde said. “Hopefully, we can get back to that as a group and put some good at-bats together collectively.”   .Orioles among league’s worst offenses through first 20 games: ‘The hits will come’ - Baltimore Sun

How about that! That bats woke up. Hitters were patient. 

Means pitched great. The O's should keep him. Eventually they will have to keep good players or it becomes a 10 year rebuild.

Through five starts, only three MLB starters -- Jacob deGrom (0.31), Corbin Burnes (0.37) and Joe Musgrove (1.04) -- own better early-season ERAs than Means. Over his last nine starts dating back to 2020, Means sports a 1.51 ERA with 59 strikeouts against 12 walks in 53 2/3 innings...John Means and Orioles snap Athletics win streak (mlb.com)

Saturdays 8-3 win was a nice detox from the draft. I was worrying a little bit in the 7th. Tate really pitched good in relief. Stewart running into that roof was scary as shit. I thought he broke his neck or knocked some teeth out. He's one tough dude.

John " BY All" Means just threw a 9 inning no hit shut out! 113 pitchers, great command,  ton of 1st pitch strikes, ...really...a thing of beauty.

1st time for an Oriole in 52 years since Jim Palmer. By the 7th I was on the edge of my seat. Shit...it's rare for a pitcher to go 9 innings in today's baseball.

O's beat the Mariners 6-0.

• Upvote 1

Something special is forming. Hays and Means are electric, Means has entered a new level, Mancini.....so much to build around. Club is giving us hope. I'm really liking Hyde.

Edited by vmax

Sundays win over the Yankees was fun to watch. Even when the Yankees went up 4-0 in the first, I had a feeling the O's would come back. The bats and bull pen won the game. Really needed the great performance by Zimmerman to do it. 

MLB Power Rankings Let's have a moment of silence to remember this. The O's will rise up this ladder and we'll be able to look back and say "I remember when...."....:fishin:

28. Baltimore Orioles (-3)

#young frankenstein (1974) from GIANTMONSTER

This longtime policy was halted for 2021 under the guise of COVID-related health and safety protocols. It’s right there on the “Gameday Health and Safety” page even today, with the Orioles specifically noting that “bags and outside food and beverage will continue to be prohibited until further notice” even now that the stadium will be open for full capacity in less than two weeks. This is a shame. The Orioles should provide that further notice immediately and return to the fan-friendly policy.

See the source image

They have now lost 13 out of their last 15 games. 11 games out. Dead last in the standings. Amazingly, I still want to watch and follow them. Catching a little Bird Fever.

Yesterday, Sunday, I get in my car and turn on the radio to hear the O's scored 3 runs in the first. Great!  I get to 695 and hear that Harvey is taking the mound. Image result for OH Nooo Mr. Bill

From 695 to Rt29...about 5 minutes...the Nats score 3 runs....from there to Columbia they add another. 4-3 at the end of the 1st. I saw a long day coming yet I watched the game when I got back home.

I'm starting to get what the Orioles are trying to do and where there are at this point in their rebuild. 

Means is winning a nice 3-2 ballgame and then the bullpen takes over.....http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-em2WoG_3Op8/UUYOEMKl2ZI/AAAAAAAAACE/4HU_lV3cWxk/s1600/Scream.gif..17-30. Worst record in the Majors.

and they won't give fan friendly prices....you can get them cheaper but they are very plain.

Men's Baltimore Orioles Nike White Home Authentic Team Jersey

$259.99

Most Popular in Jerseys

Why???!

Why did they let Lopez come out and pitch the 6th?

He never gets through the 5th. He gets killed in yhe 5th.

Today he finishes the 5th with the O's up 1-0. Fabulous! Let him sit and bask in the glory of finally getting through a 5th inning. Let him get some confidence. 

But...No....Twins pound him for 3 runs in the 6th. Everybody saw it coming. Now his brain is telling him "You stink! You can't do it. Your team hates you. They will not score when you pitch.Today was a fluke and so are you!"