ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

The Sky Is Falling Thread

vmax

MV5BYjcwNjc4N2QtZmUwOS00NzM1LWIzNmMtZTJiMDE1NDA4MmM1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjUxMjc1OTM@._V1_UY100_CR30,0,100,100_AL_.jpg " I see one nasty, dominant Ravens team making the playoffs this year. But more importantly.....can we shit our pants for a moment?"

Image result for Chicken Little Sky

Pin on Bill Murray"Tell us what you think about the offensive line Mike."

Image result for mike preston sun photos  '"It’s no longer a matter of when the Ravens offensive line becomes a cohesive unit, but if it happens at all." :scared:.............Mike Preston: Ravens are in trouble if offensive line doesn’t improve | COMMENTARY - Baltimore Sun

MV5BYjcwNjc4N2QtZmUwOS00NzM1LWIzNmMtZTJiMDE1NDA4MmM1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjUxMjc1OTM@._V1_UY100_CR30,0,100,100_AL_.jpg Ravens fans will know nothing about this unit until opening day as far as I can see. We won't see Stanley being risked in the pre season (hope I'm wrong.) Zeitler is out. Bozeman may not play Saturday night. Don't forget Boyle will be missed. That's also means we won't see Lamar. They will not put him behind Phillips, Powers, Colon, Mekari and Smith. Add in the fact that Lamar is a week removed from the Covid list and you can bet he won't be suited up. 

BUT!!!!..................it doesn't matter anyway because Lamar wouldn't have Bateman or Brown to throw to! Image result for Disappointed Expression

Right Mike?

Image result for mike preston sunI know what you’re thinking: Image result for Chicken Little Sky....Another Breshad Perriman, the injury-prone Ravens receiver and first-round pick out of Central Florida in 2015 who never played consistently. Receiver Marquise Brown, the team’s top pick out of Oklahoma in 2019, also has been in and out of the lineup because of injuries and hasn’t practiced fully since suffering a hamstring injury early in camp.

Another receiver, Miles Boykin, hasn’t practiced since Aug. 2 after suffering a hamstring injury.

Bateman has shown explosiveness and playmaking ability, but you have to wonder how the Ravens keep drafting injury-prone receivers. Just when it appeared as if the team made a breakthrough with Bateman, he spends more time in the training room than on the field.

You wonder whether these players can make it through a 17-game schedule, which includes several short weeks because of Monday and Thursday night games.   

So we get to see Huntley and McSorely battle it out or run for their lives....not sure what will happen there. There's Watkins, Wallace, Proche, Duverney and Andrews. Maybe Gus and Dobbins get some catches.

How can the offense take the next step without a line and the much needed practice time for the passing game? maybe things will be different when they play the Panthers on the 21st.

Well at least the defense is totally lights out. They have that going for them. "Unleash the Hounds!" on whoever QB's for the Saints.

Having done my best to spread hysteria....Image result for hitchcock's the birds photos...I have to say I'm totally excited about being at this futile and meaningless game Saturday night. :gorave:

sorry I depressed everybody.

Bateman may be out 8 weeks for a groin injury if he needs surgery.

On the plus side, Proche caught around 11 balls today and don't forget about Wallace...

Mink: Tylan Wallace has one of the strongest sets of hands among the wide receivers. I haven't seen him drop a ball yet. He also has a lot of suddenness in his routes, which allows him to uncover well underneath. Even though he played exclusively outside in college, I think Wallace's sweet spot in the NFL could be in the slot.

With all that said, I think the strong start to camp that James Proche II has enjoyed could limit Wallace's offensive opportunities. Proche was good in training camp last year and got three targets during the regular season. It's not uncommon for rookies to have to wait their turn, especially this year with so many other weapons in the fold.....Mailbag: How Is Alejandro Villanueva Looking in Ravens Offense? (baltimoreravens.com)

Now it's Smith....

Ravens coach John Harbaugh did not have an update on the severity of the injury after practice but Smith suffered a low ankle sprain, according to multiple reports, a more positive diagnosis than a high ankle sprain or knee injury...Ravens CB Jimmy Smith carted off from training camp practice with reported ankle injury | NOTES (msn.com)

Glad he's getting this done so it won't be a lingering problem after he comes back.

If Bateman opens the season on injured reserve, he could return for the Ravens’ Week 4 road game against the Denver Broncos. Under NFL rules implemented last year, an unlimited number of players can return from a team’s IR, and they’re eligible to play after missing a minimum of three games....Ravens rookie WR Rashod Bateman will undergo groin surgery, return ‘sometime in September’ - Baltimore Sun

Edited by vmax

Small silver lining in the falling sky....

Fortunately, none of the injuries Ravens players have suffered thus far have been season-ending. And with the start of the regular season still 4½ weeks away, there's no need to panic. Oweh and Hayes returned to practice Thursday morning, though Cleveland did not.............Late for Work 8/12: Lamar Jackson ‘Looks As If He’s Been at Camp the Whole Time’ (baltimoreravens.com)

The good news is that Bozeman returned to practice yesterday and Stanley had his most active day of camp as he continues his recovery from last year's season-ending ankle injury.....Late for Work 8/12: Lamar Jackson ‘Looks As If He’s Been at Camp the Whole Time’ (baltimoreravens.com)

3 hours ago, vmax said:

Glad he's getting this done so it won't be a lingering problem after he comes back.

I think this means Batemean will be a wash for 2021.  Losing the whole camp and preseason to get him and Lamar on the same page.

As for Proche I think he could have a pretty great season.  They should have played him in 2020.  That is on the coaching staff for not getting him on the Feld.  I think I am grabbing him as a quiet dark horse on FF.

I agree somewhat that Bateman's missing camp and pre-season is a big hit to his development with Lamar. But, I also think he's more developed than most rookies and will start to make his presence known by October at the latest. He doesn't look like a rookie and I think has that 'it' factor that says 'star player'. Just my hunch.

Proche and Duvernay were both not used enough by any means last year. The coaching staff, as you said, didn't get them on the field. They seem to not want to use rookies in certain cases though to my eye they were ready for a shot to play.

On 8/12/2021 at 5:26 PM, papasmurfbell said:

The issue with Bateman is getting on the same page as Lamar.  That is pretty much washed down the drain as Aug ends.  The way practice in season works there is no time.

The coaching staff is so ignorant sometimes.

Unfugginbelievable. I agree with this 110%

Does Kenji Bahar  qualify for "The Sky is Falling?" I don't see Huntley playing all 4 quarters. I don't think Lamar will play with the patched up line. Maybe he will do 1-2 series. I don't want to knock this fine young man, yet it is the Panthers, preseason game 2......and a chance to break Lombardi's and the Packers 18 game pre season win streak and set a new record that may never be broken!!! :benice:(here's your chance to pound on me Papa) I mean come on....Lombardi...the Legend...they even named  trophy after him.

:bow:  Anyway....Kenji's Our Guy!....Baltimore....Raven.....Hell Yea!!!!:gorave:

Kenji Bahar, a Baltimore native and former Calvert Hall quarterback, has been signed to the 90-man roster and was on the field for Wednesday's first full-team training camp practice.

Bahar was signed by the Ravens earlier this offseason and saw plenty of reps during rookie minicamp in May before being released in June.

He played collegiately at Monmouth (N.J.) University, where he set school records for touchdown passes (70), passing yards (9,642) and 300-yard games (9). Bahar was a two-year starter at Calvert Hall and threw 18 touchdowns as a senior.

Bahar becomes the fourth quarterback on Baltimore's training camp roster, joining Trace McSorley and Tyler Huntley, who are competing for the backup role behind Lamar Jackson.....Ravens Sign Quarterback Kenji Bahar (baltimoreravens.com)

I think our good friend John has been checking in on us!

Eisenberg: Sky Isn't Falling on the Ravens Offense

If you're a worrier by nature, a Nervous Nellie concerned that the sky is falling on a cloudless day, you've had some reason to fret about the Ravens' offense lately.......Baltimore Ravens, NFL, AFC