ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens/Raiders

vmax

Ugh, so frustrated.  After some limited sleep, here's how I feel.

• Fire Greg Roman, seriously.  Same cast of characters and same 'tricks'.  Maybe it speaks to the talent level currently, but I'm done with him.  Maybe Culley was right...
  • Pay Lamar when he reduces rookie mental errors and starts passing consistently over 250.  Not worth a large contract.  Hell I say trade him now and play Huntley.  Why?  Keep reading...
    • The line is shit and is not getting better. They've only been playing together for two weeks, maybe?  Still that right side is trash.  We probably lost Phillips for the year who would be the only RT replacement.  We have no cap to sign anyone else and honestly, who else is there short of a trade?
    • Lamar will continually put it on himself to win with this rogue gallery of talent around him.  Andrews made no plays last night, while Waller shined.  Paid for a TE that isn't even open and drops when the moment needs him.  Give me a break!  And the running backs???
  • Worried about D, but I think they can turn it around.  We'll see.

Maybe the Raiders are that good.  Hell their WRs were very talented and making plays.  Humphrey can't be everywhere.  Crosby had an MVP game.  Maybe Chuckie finally got his team to where he wants them and that stadium sounded LOUD.

I don't see a win against KC.

No matter what the bafoons in the booth said, same old Lamar, same old passing game. Okay, his base was wider, yippie!

He still carriee the ball like a loaf of bread. Was it all his fault? No chamce

The line was horribly inconsistent, the Ravens gained 200 yards rush as a team, 400 + total yards inspite of them.

The defense, how many blown call did they make? How many leads did they blow? Including, especially with 40 freaking seconds left!

Your top tackler had 6 tackles; He was a defensive back!

In the end, just game one, 16 more, I expect better from the line, from the defense

Why would you go cover 0 in over time, when you know that the defense is tired?

Play calling on both sides of the ball was bad. A well cosched team? Prepared for the first game of the season? I think not.

I saw Andrews open often throughout the night, Lamar just did not either have time to get to that progression, or just did not see him.

Cover 3 drag routes are always open and Andrews was dragging behind the linebackers infront of the safeties; throw the dag gone ball.  He throws it to small wide receivers when they are blanketed five yards from the line of scrimmage, trust the tightend. If the db is on the left side of the receiver, and is the only defender covering, throw it to right side?

We see it with every other good qb in this league, why not with Lamar?

"Fumbles are going to happen"?!!! That's his excuse? In your first year, sure, not after an off season where you procliamed you had grown so much as a quaryerback, no, not.

They have no choice but to pay him what he wants, none. The boycotts would crush this team. With a line such as the Ravens have, Lamar is the only remedy.

The defense has to button things up, just stopping the fumbles, wins the game. But this team is starting 0-2, no way they beat the Chiefs.

3 hours ago, tsylvester said:

I saw Andrews open often throughout the night, Lamar just did not either have time to get to that progression, or just did not see him.

Cover 3 drag routes are always open and Andrews was dragging behind the linebackers infront of the safeties; throw the dag gone ball.  He throws it to small wide receivers when they are blanketed five yards from the line of scrimmage, trust the tightend. If the db is on the left side of the receiver, and is the only defender covering, throw it to right side?

We see it with every other good qb in this league, why not with Lamar?

"Fumbles are going to happen"?!!! That's his excuse? In your first year, sure, not after an off season where you procliamed you had grown so much as a quaryerback, no, not.

They have no choice but to pay him what he wants, none. The boycotts would crush this team. With a line such as the Ravens have, Lamar is the only remedy.

The defense has to button things up, just stopping the fumbles, wins the game. But this team is starting 0-2, no way they beat the Chiefs.

The Lamar dilemma - pay or not to pay ?   Pay em, were sunk, dont pay em were sunk.

fwiw- I dont think he'e the long term answer.  I thought this after the LA Chargers playoff game 2 years ago and again last night. 

If after having 3 years under his belt he hasn't corrected the flaws, what have we got ?

Granted and its a big granted, he lost his whole stinking starting backfield plus a Pro Bowl CB that has greatly weakened our secondary and our D's ability to get off the field.  These tradeoffs make it difficult to discern Lamar's true progress this year.

My bet is he gets the sympathy vote, plays just well enough this year (competitive in many games, pulls a couple rabbits out of the hat and valiantly tries to win games on his own) and garners a long term deal.  

What happened?

It's simple: The game is won in the trenches. The Raiders won that battle on both sides of the ball.

The Ravens O line was smacked down and punked around by the Raiders. Lamar was pressured on 54.5% of his drop backs. He basically was running for his life as everything broke down around him. And then...as we have witnessed before....he tried too hard and too much to win it on his own...well....he fumbles.

The Ravens D line generated 0 pressure. Carr was pressured only 20.3% of the time. He had all day to throw. Eventually the gassed secondary was exposed.

4 hours ago, GrubberRaven said:

• The line is shit and is not getting better. They've only been playing together for two weeks, maybe?  Still that right side is trash.  We probably lost Phillips for the year who would be the only RT replacement.  We have no cap to sign anyone else and honestly, who else is there short of a trade?
  • Lamar will continually put it on himself to win with this rogue gallery of talent around him.  Andrews made no plays last night, while Waller shined.  Paid for a TE that isn't even open and drops when the moment needs him.  Give me a break!  And the running backs???
  • Worried about D, but I think they can turn it around.  We'll see.

Maybe the Raiders are that good.  Hell their WRs were very talented and making plays.  Humphrey can't be everywhere.  Crosby had an MVP game.  Maybe Chuckie finally got his team to where he wants them and that stadium sounded LOUD.

I don't see a win against KC.

I'm with you on all of that. and...the Raiders are That Good.  

As far as KC...you know me...:D...I'm not penciling in an L...not yet. Why? Because that is the totally logical thing to do. :fishin:

Hey...it's a 17 game season now. A lot can happen everywhere throughout the league. Let's lick our wounds today and then shift gears into the good and possible solutions and adjustments. All in All, it was a very exciting game that was lost in the 1st MNF overtime since 1974.

4 hours ago, tsylvester said:

I agree. Imagine if Flacco was the QB. Then this game would have been a route as you foresaw. 

Again...it's too logical " no way they beat the Chiefs." I know I'm nuts...but maybe in the Ravens home opener, they do the same thing to the Chiefs as the Raiders did to the Ravens in their home opener? One can dream can't they?!

Ravens are in last place in the Division. In the basement...with the Brownies.

Under Harbaugh Ravens are 81-0 when they have a 14 point lead. Not anymore.

Edited by vmax

Maybe, maybe everyone believing their own hype, ready to stand and boast of a great play they made instead of seeing what was right in front of them, not seeing the ball.

I am sick of seeing a quarterback heave a prayer ball up deep down field only to have the defensive backs not find the ball, instead, the receiver turn to make the game changing/winning reception.

Tired of seeing the Ravens defense blitz all out play after play and get burned. What's that they say about doing the same thing, failing and expecting a different outcome?

Tired of the receivers, no matter who they are, running routes too slow, too fast, not deep enough. Quartebacks thinking something is there, rather than knowing what is open.

Tired of the same in game coaching mistakes.

In other words, just tired after a loss that should have been a win, and the next win will cure all, right?