ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens/Raiders

vmax

Damn it feels good to post a game thread. It's been a long time in between. 

Ravens in Vegas on the 1st MNF Game of this season. There's some respect there. Some Ravens love or is it Raiders love or both? 

Let's start with the most accurate game prediction in all of recorded history. Ravens win percentage 57.1%. :gorave:

After tons of preseason talk and observations, I must admit that I have no idea what to expect from this Ravens offense. Basically the starters have not played together through camp and the preseason. 

Will they come out throwing and light it up through the air? It's possible. Nobody saw an opening day 5TD passing  performance from Lamar coming in 2019. Word is that he's looked sharp in practice. He should have Watkins, Brown, Andrews, Proche and Duverney to throw to. Plus a RB or 2. They'll throw if that's their emphasis for improvement this year.

Will they just ground and pound until the unit gets their roles and assignments down? Higher probability of this. Image result for ravens raiders imagesImage result for ravens raiders images

Can the O line protect Lamar? I have serious doubts here. Will they be able to road grade? Probably. They definitely have the size but they haven't played together yet.

The good news is that last year the Raiders defense couldn't stop anybody. They just might get run over by Lamar and Co. The Raiders have a high scoring offense that out dueled KC last year. The Ravens will counter with a nasty, stingy defenseImage result for ravens raiders images  and a high scoring offense. Count on Harbaugh having this team very prepared and dialed in. 

Best guess? The Ravens O shakes the rust off this game and the D makes the win possible. If this opening day plays the same as most Ravens opening days, then the Ravens will romp to victory. :gorave:

"We're so scared."  Image result for ravens raiders images "We got game too!" Image result for ravens raiders images

Scenes from Yesteryear....Image result for ravens raiders imagesImage result for ravens raiders imagesImage result for ravens raiders images

See the source image

Ravens set team mark for points in 55-20 rout of Raiders

See the source image

Shitttt!!!A New Season. 2021.  Life is Good! :gorave:

Right now they are undefeated! Woo Hoo!

Some great college games the past 2 weekends. As much as I dislike Bryan Kelly, gutting him over his comments after their win last night is childish, cancel culture-ish ludicrous. The guy was only making a joke to impress his pretty interviewer, let the man have his chub...

Oh wait, this is an NFL thread about our beloved Ravens. I honestly don't know what to expect, will they be like Bama over the Canes, Gerogia over the Tigers or somewhere inbetween?

Football is back baby and that is all that matters...

Nervous....new stadium, mnf. What I remember the most was playing the 0- whatever Miami Dolphins on MNF and Dan Marino night, pretty sure was our Superbowl year, and laying the big turd right on the 50. Giving the fish their only win that year..

Ravens are 4 point favs..Im taking Raiders

Being down to 2 RB's is a game changer. Worried tha Lamar will try to do too uch to make the rushing attack work.

On the flip side...I'm thinking maybe...just maybe, they throw, throw and throw some more. Perhaps they develop some chemistry and their passing game vs the Raiders. then they turn a negative into a positive.

I need to take a deep breath. I may be over reacting. Hill was not going to make or break this season. He was insurance and could play ST's.

The Ravens basically went with 2 RB's all last year and led the league in rushing. 

21 minutes ago, vmax said:

Being down to 2 RB's is a game changer. Worried tha Lamar will try to do too uch to make the rushing attack work.

On the flip side...I'm thinking maybe...just maybe, they throw, throw and throw some more. Perhaps they develop some chemistry and their passing game vs the Raiders. then they turn a negative into a positive.

Hill was about ST.  His loss is not the end of the world.

Agreed. Get a young runner from 1 of the 587 colleges, Develop him during the season so he can spell the Williams gang and keep them as fresh as possible for the playoffs.

General manager Eric DeCosta has called it a “greyhound” position, which he said requires quality depth.

“I think if you look at the Ravens over the last 15 years, you’d be hard-pressed to find a team, one of our teams, where the starting running back didn’t get hurt in this time at some point,” he said in a conference call with season-ticket holders last year.

Players at greyhound positions “break down,” he said. “They get injuries. They take hits. They get soft-tissue injuries, and it’s very, very, very hard to finish the season without those guys being very healthy.”  Ravens RB Justice Hill reportedly tears Achilles tendon; former Steelers RB Le’Veon Bell among players trying out - Baltimore Sun

True...true...true :gorave:

Ravens Usually Come Out Flying in Week 1

Week 1 has been good to the Ravens under Harbaugh. Baltimore has won five straight season openers, including the last four by at least 20 points. The Ravens defeated Cleveland, 38-6, in Week 1 last year, and they also started the season with lopsided wins over the Miami Dolphins (59-10) in 2019 and Buffalo Bills (47-3) in 2018.

The Ravens' dominant Week 1 performances reflect well on their preparation for each season. However, Harbaugh is not taking anything for granted facing the Raiders, who will be playing their first regular-season game with fans at Allegiant Stadium, where fans were not allowed last season due to COVID-19.

"We've played well in those games, but this is a new game," Harbaugh said. "This is a different opponent, it's a new year. Nothing counts. You can't look back, you have to look forward. We just have to get ourselves ready to play this game against a very good Raiders team. They have an established program. They're very physical up front on both sides. You can see that; that's what they want to be. They have speed. They have a veteran quarterback. They have a new defensive system. They have a very good special teams coordinator, and all those things that go into play that we're trying to take into account."...Kevin Zeitler Returns to Practice (baltimoreravens.com)

Who will have prepared their players the best to win? Harbaugh or Chuckie?

You know where my money goes.

• Baltimore Ravens (-4.5) at Las Vegas Raiders 

Monday, 8:15 p.m. ESPN

The Raiders will be fired up to open Allegiant Stadium, and it's a big spot for Jon Gruden in his fourth year of his second stint. Las Vegas was just 2-6 at home this season. Will fans make a difference against Baltimore? Lamar Jackson is 2-1 on "Monday Night Football," and he has 7 TDs and no interruptions in those games. He's happy to play spoiler here, too. 

Pick: Ravens 28, Raiders 24.............NFL picks, predictions for Week 1: Steelers upset Bills; Buccaneers, Rams, Ravens roll in prime time (msn.com)

8 hours ago, papasmurfbell said:

I think it is sort of funny how the first Ravens home game was against the Raiders.  Their first game at home with fans is us.

That was a Ravens win. :gorave:

Yea...both relocated franchises.... except the Raiders got to keep their colors and name.

Smith is back...just in time, :gorave:

The Ravens may be getting back a key player to matchup against Pro Bowl tight end Darren Waller of the Las Vegas Raiders.

Jimmy Smith returned to the practice field Wednesday for the first time since suffering a sprained ankle on Aug. 6. He's been sidelined for just more than a month...Jimmy Smith Returns to Practice (baltimoreravens.com)

Image result for Austin Powers Steamroller Scene

"I am very, very confident in our running back room [with] the guys we have and our O-line being able to block it up front," Andrews said. "I know those guys are going to ball out, man. I'm not worried about that running back group. We have guys around them to help – tight ends and O-line to create space and make holes."...Jimmy Smith Returns to Practice (baltimoreravens.com)

59 minutes ago, papasmurfbell said:

I am fine not being the browns.  I just think the colts should be retired.

It would have been nice if Jimmy Irsay had taken Model's offer of $1 million to give us the naming rights of Colts but alas it didn't happen. So far as retiring the name, the NFL missed that boat when they agreed to the move to Indy. And, I have to admit, the Cleveland fans fought harder and better than us in keeping their naming rights.

22 minutes ago, oldno82 said:

It would have been nice if Jimmy Irsay had taken Model's offer of $1 million to give us the naming rights of Colts but alas it didn't happen. So far as retiring the name, the NFL missed that boat when they agreed to the move to Indy. And, I have to admit, the Cleveland fans fought harder and better than us in keeping their naming rights.

Art never had any plan to keep the name  He used that as a card to make the fight go away.  Also unlike Art and Irsay Art gave notice that he was leaving and didnt roll out in the middle of the night.  Once in another state it makes it hard to came after the team.

Also I am for leaving name and history behind whenever you move from a city.  That should be the concession if you want the right to move.

Injury report

Boyle (knee) and Wolfe (back/hip) did not participate in Thursday’s practice, according to the Ravens’ injury report. Running back Gus Edwards and cornerback Marcus Peters, who reportedly suffered serious knee injuries during practice, and rookie outside linebacker Daelin Hayes (knee) were limited participants.

Raiders guard Richie Incognito (calf) and safety Roderic Teamer (shoulder/ankle) did not practice Thursday. Running back Josh Jacobs (toe) and defensive end Carl Nassib (pectoral) were limited, while defensive end Clelin Ferrell (back) and rookie tackle Alex Leatherwood (shin) were full participants...‘Lingering’ injury has sidelined Ravens DE Derek Wolfe at practice - Baltimore Sun