ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

on to Detroit

tsylvester

This is one we were lucky to have but I figure it helps balance out all the damn injuries this team has had. We were ripe for a break and Tucker is the one who's hard work and dedication made it possible.

Yes I did think it would be close. The Lions new coach will have them winning soon. He doesn't tolerate a down attitude just because they play in Detroit. Reminds me a bit of Lombardi.

66 1/2 yards! Just wow!!

I like your "this game balances out their depleted roster" comment. Missing 19 players and wining an NFL game is a huge accomplishment. This win takes some of the sting out of my thoughts about how good this team could have been if everyone was healthy.

Browns drops turned this game from being a blowout to a classic Ravens win. The drops also hurt Lamars stats.  He would have been well over 300 yards passing with 2 more TD's. It is what it is. This also hurt because from what I hear the Lions stacked the box and sold out to stop the run. Just what we want because then you can burn them deep, force them to defend the whole field and gobble them up.

In Little Rock heading for Nashville, eyes are burning, but the coffee tastes real good this morning. 

Love "My Ravens.":gorave:

13 hours ago, tsylvester said:

They should have, the 4th and 19 never should have happened, there was a delay of game uncalled

Watch again and this was debated after the game.  No one on the sidelines was losing their mind so something between the broadcast and real time was disconnected.  From what I understand, the refs blew two calls towards the Lions, so I'm ok with this.

Marvel Balance GIF

11 hours ago, vmax said:

I think you and maybe oldno were calling this to be a close game. Good call.

Yea the 4th and 19! Insane.

I hear Brown missed 2-3 TD catches.

image.png.acaa3d6caf1d4cd8c3e77704e492a26a.png

There is no making up for missing all of those defenders; we saw this last year. It is what makes me so mad with these guys, an easy way to support your team; social distance, or mask & vaccinate, but nooo, peeps gotta party..

A healrhy full team is not giving up a 13 pt lead to the Lions in the second half. But pass rushing is tiring, no relief = what we saw.

I also think the let down was real, if you watch the game, the entire team was like sleep waling, save for the defensive line. Was it the let down after beating KC? Was it the let down from once again covid ripping through this team?

In any event, on to Denver, a team they should beat, nothing tricky about them, they are who we think they are, a 3-0 team winning games against teams they should have beaten. The Ravens should win, easily, but then they should have beaten the Raiders as well.

12 hours ago, tsylvester said:

What did Sammy do but get open and catch everything thrown to him that was catchable? Hindsight, Sammy had gotten into a bump coverage, his db fell down he was wide open deep on the left side in the first half, when Lamar completed a long pass to Brown, one of his catches...

Every qb misses passes, misses ooen receivers, I know. They all make that what the bleep were you thinking throw from time to time.

But this year, so far, Lamar has shown very poor judgement on who he throws to, on pocket awareness or lack there of, even when running, carring the ball losely, putting his shoulder into a defender, even on his zone reads.

Sure, they have to pay him, yes they won today they are 2-1, beat the Cheifs for one of those wins. Yes, you have to pay him, but with all of his talk about how much better his mechanics were, his passing accuracy will be, 51% today, even if the 3 passes were completed he would still be in the 50'... We've seen a regression in him for some reason.

I was listening to the first 3 qtrs while mowing and the broadcasters kept commenting on how accurate Lamar had been all game and was throwing well, so what game did you watch?   I'm not doubting you...much...but sounds like you and the guys calling the game for Baltimore watched two different games.

1 minute ago, GrubberRaven said:

Watch again and this was debated after the game.  No one on the sidelines was losing their mind so something between the broadcast and real time was disconnected.  From what I understand, the refs blew two calls towards the Lions, so I'm ok with this.

Marvel Balance GIF

Oh I'm fine with it too, refs miss calls every game, make wrong calls too, this is a win. Tucker, usually someone else is doing that against us, or that ball is blocked, it bounces out instead of in... 66 freaking yards

34 minutes ago, vmax said:

I like your "this game balances out their depleted roster" comment. Missing 19 players and wining an NFL game is a huge accomplishment. This win takes some of the sting out of my thoughts about how good this team could have been if everyone was healthy.

While Harbaugh's challenge towards the end of the game drove me nuts, those who hate on him are equally daffy.  He has a team playing competitively with a LARGELY depleted roster.  How can you not appreciate that?

2 minutes ago, tsylvester said:

There is no making up for missing all of those defenders; we saw this last year. It is what makes me so mad with these guys, an easy way to support your team; social distance, or mask & vaccinate, but nooo, peeps gotta party..

A healrhy full team is not giving up a 13 pt lead to the Lions in the second half. But pass rushing is tiring, no relief = what we saw.

I also think the let down was real, if you watch the game, the entire team was like sleep waling, save for the defensive line. Was it the let down after beating KC? Was it the let down from once again covid ripping through this team?

In any event, on to Denver, a team they should beat, nothing tricky about them, they are who we think they are, a 3-0 team winning games against teams they should have beaten. The Ravens should win, easily, but then they should have beaten the Raiders as well.

Yeah Denver is not anything great.  

1 minute ago, GrubberRaven said:

I was listening to the first 3 qtrs while mowing and the broadcasters kept commenting on how accurate Lamar had been all game and was throwing well, so what game did you watch?   I'm not doubting you...much...but sounds like you and the guys calling the game for Baltimore watched two different games.

I dont trust anyone from Bal/98 Rock for objective comentary.  They have proven to be propogandists.  Not sure how you have to pay the  team for the right to not be truthful.

Just now, GrubberRaven said:

Even if we count the 3 drops, he still has a completion % in the 50's, is that throwing the ball well? He made some great throws, as he always does. But he also tried to force throws, threw that awful pick.

People overlook things to suit their agenda, me included. I admit I am a bit hard on Lamar, not because I don't think he can, rather because I know he can be so much better.

The knock on him coming out of college was 1) reading defenses 2) making all of the throws, more specifically, outside the numbers, in rythem.

So far, he has not been able to do those things consistently, and local announcers are not going to cover those aspects.

I heard a national anylist on the half time ahow actually say he did not care about the interceptions, the turnovers from Lamar, his only concern was Lamar not wanting to slide...

3 minutes ago, tsylvester said:

Even if we count the 3 drops, he still has a completion % in the 50's, is that throwing the ball well? He made some great throws, as he always does. But he also tried to force throws, threw that awful pick.

People overlook things to suit their agenda, me included. I admit I am a bit hard on Lamar, not because I don't think he can, rather because I know he can be so much better.

The knock on him coming out of college was 1) reading defenses 2) making all of the throws, more specifically, outside the numbers, in rythem.

So far, he has not been able to do those things consistently, and local announcers are not going to cover those aspects.

I heard a national anylist on the half time ahow actually say he did not care about the interceptions, the turnovers from Lamar, his only concern was Lamar not wanting to slide...

He forces when he feels like he needs to win the whole thing himself and yes, for that, I fault him.

I'm 100% with you on feeling like he can be better and I sincerely think his work ethic shows it.

1 minute ago, papasmurfbell said:

Grammar Nazi GIF by psychocandy42 | Gfycat

HA!  OK that was good.

I believe the intent of my original post was that EDC was listening to you intently for your words of wisdom and was running to make the move.  Even when I posted it, I felt like it needed more exposition. 

“Pretty remarkable Justin Tucker stats: He's made 49 consecutive fourth-quarter field goal attempts and all 16 of his field-goal attempts inside one minute of regulation.”

16 for 16 inside of a minute. That's impressive. 

4 minutes ago, vmax said:

“Pretty remarkable Justin Tucker stats: He's made 49 consecutive fourth-quarter field goal attempts and all 16 of his field-goal attempts inside one minute of regulation.”

16 for 16 inside of a minute. That's impressive. 

He is Hall of Fame bound for sure.