ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens vs Dolphins

vmax

1 minute ago, cravnravn said:

They had the answer right in front of them. Bateman 6 targets for 13 yard average.. Wear that out. Dbs can't cover the kid.

See that is part of the problem. Roman changes personnel after every play, it drives me nuts. It is not as if the runningbacks all run the same way. Bateman is a huge play maker for slants; use him on those; touchdown...

• Upvote 1

Bateman continues to impress and looks like the real deal: a number one receiver for us finally!

Greg Roman better come up with an offense to deal with cover 0 with db's coming on every pass play 'cause we're gonna see a whole lot more of it.

The game was a nightmare in slow motion. Guys looked too tired by the 2nd quarter. I can give them a pass on this game but no more passes from here on out.

33 minutes ago, oldno82 said:

Bateman continues to impress and looks like the real deal: a number one receiver for us finally!

Greg Roman better come up with an offense to deal with cover 0 with db's coming on every pass play 'cause we're gonna see a whole lot more of it.

The game was a nightmare in slow motion. Guys looked too tired by the 2nd quarter. I can give them a pass on this game but no more passes from here on out.

First drive when we settled for a 3. I said we are out of sync and can't kick Fgs on the road. Then we drive down field again and Tucker misses. I told the Mrs. We ain't winning this game. 

Don't know if had anything to do with it. But the Miami guy in charge of the volume was instructed to crank it up to drown out the "Let's go Brandon" chants that were cascading throughout all game long. The PA system did it's job. My ears are still ringing.

Edited by cravnravn

1 hour ago, tsylvester said:

Bingo, they are rushing to contain, that is how you do it, rush only to the level of the qb, then close in.

Lamar would be better suited to go from center, giving him his timing, 3 steps throw. Rather than shot gun, one step wait, throw.

He also needs to trust his eyes, throw timing routes, not just throw to an open man. He struggles with that still.

Not sure why they kept calling the wide receiver screen, Miami was sitting on that play. Also the check down to the back in the flat on blitzes. Change it up for crying out loud. Rise up, check down over the middle so as to not get passes batted down.

I saw a vid with Montana the other day.  He was talking about when he got to kc he was surprised how fast one of his wrs was.  He talked to them and said if the boots comes and the db is shifted to the outside go post and the ball will be gone.   Basically I trust you will be there.  That kind of an play is just to rare.

13 hours ago, papasmurfbell said:

I saw a vid with Montana the other day.  He was talking about when he got to kc he was surprised how fast one of his wrs was.  He talked to them and said if the boots comes and the db is shifted to the outside go post and the ball will be gone.   Basically I trust you will be there.  That kind of an play is just to rare.

Yep, a db's position tells anlot about what defense they are in. If he is lined on the outside shoulder, he expects safety help to the inside. If on the inside shoulder, no safety help.

Lamar doesn't seem to be able to grasp this, there have been times when itnis man to the field side and he ignores the deep ball down the sidelines that is open ifbhe throws it properly. Now, he is not the most accurate deep passer, but he has made this throw a time or two.

Look, this game is different if Watkins catches that touchdown pass placed perfectly on the end line, but he lost sight of it for some reason..

Lamar has Brown open on a simole in route against zone to the boundary, but didn't trust the read. The safety was back, 8 yards, Andrews had the linebacker and corner occupied. Sure, Brown would get hit hard by the safety, but throw it on time, it's a 15 yard gain instead of 4 yard run by Lamar.

Agree tsyl. Also Bateman was not used properly......

In Miami, Rashod Bateman was targeted once in the first quarter, zero times in the second quarter and once in the third quarter. Then, in the fourth quarter, he caught four passes for 64 yards. I'd say the offense would benefit from Bateman receiving a steadier diet of attention....50 Words or Less (baltimoreravens.com)

4 hours ago, tsylvester said:

Yep, a db's position tells anlot about what defense they are in. If he is lined on the outside shoulder, he expects safety help to the inside. If on the inside shoulder, no safety help.

Lamar doesn't seem to be able to grasp this, there have been times when itnis man to the field side and he ignores the deep ball down the sidelines that is open ifbhe throws it properly. Now, he is not the most accurate deep passer, but he has made this throw a time or two.

Look, this game is different if Watkins catches that touchdown pass placed perfectly on the end line, but he lost sight of it for some reason..

Lamar has Brown open on a simole in route against zone to the boundary, but didn't trust the read. The safety was back, 8 yards, Andrews had the linebacker and corner occupied. Sure, Brown would get hit hard by the safety, but throw it on time, it's a 15 yard gain instead of 4 yard run by Lamar.

This was also an issue with Joe.  How many times were we screaming for Joe to throw guys open?

I wanted Watkins inactive.  He'll I never wanted him signed.  The dude has basically had 1 great season but for some reason he is looked at as a constant catching machine.  

2 hours ago, vmax said:

Agree tsyl. Also Bateman was not used properly......

Add in proche and duv and you have a nice mix going.