ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens vs Dolphins

vmax

Wow, this is the main problem with Thursday night games; one team just runs out of energy. Last night, it was clearly the Ravens. They were a light bulb ready to burn out, shined brightly early then withered away. The line that moved moutains and gave Lamar time, no longer.

A defense punishing the Dolphins, no longer able, trying to hard to overcome their energy deficiency, they made the same old mistakes.

The play calling once again was spotty, not that it truly mattered when a team just has no life left in their battery, it's gonna die.... As usual, an ugly Thursday night game, this time the better team lost...

The bubble burst. I didn't see it coming this soon. I was really hoping to hit 7-2 because I saw the road ahead getting harder for a team with so many weaknesses. 

Before the season started I thought there was no way they could make the playoffs. The the exciting wins came and I enjoyed them and got suckered in. laserghost_11.jpg.7858fc98850d22258ab21bbf4592cf93.jpg

Pardon me...just working thru and processing this as the coffee kicks in...

Image result for Johnny Cash Black

"On a rainy Friday morning sidewalk
I'm wishing Lord that I was stoned
'Cause there's something in a Friday
That makes a body feel alone.
And there's nothin' short of dyin'
That's half as lonesome as the sound
Of a sleepin' city sidewalk
And Friday  mornin' comin' down."

here's some Come on Man shit....

Quarterback Lamar Jackson had the worst regular-season game of his four-year career because the Baltimore Ravens couldn’t handle the pressure.

In a 22-10 upset loss to the Miami Dolphins, Jackson faced 24 defensive back blitzes -- the most any defense has sent at him and the most DB blitzes any quarterback has faced since 2015. This was the fewest points Baltimore has scored in Jackson’s 46-game career (previous low was 17 points), and it came against a two-win Dolphins team that had the NFL’s 30th-ranked defense........Lamar Jackson, Ravens can't handle pressure in shocking loss to Dolphins - Baltimore Ravens- ESPN

they played against the 2020m Dolphins D. Cover 0 all the way.

And then this one blew my Mind..........

Then, when faced with second-and-17 in the third quarter, Baltimore handed the ball off to Le'Veon Bell, who was averaging 2.9 yards per carry entering this game.

HOW CAN YOU DO THAT!!!!?

Don't put too much stock in a Thursday night game, they are just brain farts. Shoot, players are barely on the way to recovery from the Sunday games. Miami is not that good and the Ravens not that bad..

Though it was quite fitting the player the Ravens tried to trade for forced a fumble and returned it for a touchdown

3 hours ago, GrubberRaven said:

And can we PLEASE cut Le'veon Bell ffs...play McCray and Williams.  

No doubt on that.  

18 minutes ago, tsylvester said:

Don't put too much stock in a Thursday night game, they are just brain farts. Shoot, players are barely on the way to recovery from the Sunday games. Miami is not that good and the Ravens not that bad..

Though it was quite fitting the player the Ravens tried to trade for forced a fumble and returned it for a touchdown

I think the system is issues have been exposed.  I think they will keep having that blueprint clearer from week to week.  

Only so long can you have a coach not get the team prepared week after week.  Only so long can you have a suspect ol and not just with the injuries this yr.  Stanley was a bad c9ntract who i dont see evwr being that giy again.  He should have been traded and zeus jr looks like a good trade.   If the young wrs had been used last yr they could have saved at least 1 pick if not 2 and drafted ol help.  

So basically the way I see this edc has left glaring weaknesses at ol.  This was done by signing a big bad contract and yrs of little investment there.  

The coaching staff from top t9 almost the bottom is suspect.  Again a team reflecting their coach with poor time mang (nice delay of game).  An oc who can't adjust with a hc who is clueless.  A dc who is hell bent on running his scheme even if he doesn't have the horses to do it.  Nobody on the staff telling the best player you have to protect the ball.

I only see this getting worse.  They have. Bunch of large contracts out now going forward.  Lamar will get his very soon and this ol will be even worse.  I would seriously consider trading Hollywood in the off season.  You cannot ink him long term.  He is only a poor man's hill.  You have Bateman cheap for at least 4 more yrs.  Proche and duv are doing well in their spots and that should expand.  Give Wallace more opportunity next yr.  Do not draft a rb and let your studs come back.  Heavy draft ol help and let bozeman walk.

On d I need to look at contracts.  But I think Brandon Williams need a to go.  He is always hurt now.  

I really think it is time to start trading for massive amounts of draft capital.  It is the only sustainable way to keep a team as a sb contender.   

These blowm coverages are really getting worse instead of better. Why? You watch Bama football and see the samething on their defense.

Funny, the two guys most commonly involved in the blown coverage at Averate amd Humphreys; both Bama products. There is no excuse for this- this far into the season, youth is no excuse any longer.

1 hour ago, tsylvester said:

These blowm coverages are really getting worse instead of better. Why? You watch Bama football and see the samething on their defense.

Funny, the two guys most commonly involved in the blown coverage at Averate amd Humphreys; both Bama products. There is no excuse for this- this far into the season, youth is no excuse any longer.

The blown coverage from my vantage point happened so quick, I didn't know who was at fault.

But the 2 part issue I seen last night was 1. The o line and the pressure was coming right up the gut. Qnd 2ndly Lamar has gotten to reliable on #5... Bateman averaged 13 yards a reception last night. On 6 receptions. Get him more involved. 

But as far as the oline goes that needs a complete overhaul. We ain't going to fix it this season.

1 hour ago, papasmurfbell said:

They lost a starting safety last week.  So the communication can fall off some.  I don't see how the safety could have been responsible alone on that wheel route.  I guess a cb missed the assignment. 

It appears, based on the coverage, that that side of the field they were in zone, with the corners in 1/3 coverage meaning Averate had the deep third. Shoot, two linebackers went to the flat, along with Averate... So clearly he should have taken the deep third.

This has happened in almost every game this year, a few times it was Humphries, a few it was Averate.

The lack of tackling is one issue, but these blown assignmnets, are quite another. I know it is a coinky dink that both players happen to be from Bama & that Bama has this issue as well, has for a few years now, even when playing or especially when playing lesser teams.. Hmmm

21 minutes ago, papasmurfbell said:

The ol issues is not just them failing.  It is how the rush is moving up field and eliminate running lanes.  None of them get so far from a teammate to give Lamar a spot to take off on them.

Bingo, they are rushing to contain, that is how you do it, rush only to the level of the qb, then close in.

Lamar would be better suited to go from center, giving him his timing, 3 steps throw. Rather than shot gun, one step wait, throw.

He also needs to trust his eyes, throw timing routes, not just throw to an open man. He struggles with that still.

Not sure why they kept calling the wide receiver screen, Miami was sitting on that play. Also the check down to the back in the flat on blitzes. Change it up for crying out loud. Rise up, check down over the middle so as to not get passes batted down.

Just now, tsylvester said:

Bingo, they are rushing to contain, that is how you do it, rush only to the level of the qb, then close in.

Lamar would be better suited to go from center, giving him his timing, 3 steps throw. Rather than shot gun, one step wait, throw.

He also needs to trust his eyes, throw timing routes, not just throw to an open man. He struggles with that still.

Not sure why they kept calling the wide receiver screen, Miami was sitting on that play. Also the check down to the back in the flat on blitzes. Change it up for crying out loud. Rise up, check down over the middle so as to not get passes batted down.

They had the answer right in front of them. Bateman 6 targets for 13 yard average.. Wear that out. Dbs can't cover the kid.