ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens vs Bears

vmax

Image result for Ravens vs Bears images 1 pm.

62.3 Win percentage and I'm ignoring this after last week. 

I watched the Bears play Pittsburgh last week in a game that they could have won but instead found ways to lose. They played a very physical game for the full 60 minutes and they are improving as a team. Fields looks like he's beginning to develop his game after a terrible start to the season. Fields can throw the long ball. In that game his receivers did damage. Kmet had six receptions for 87 yards for a 14.5 ypc. Robinson had four receptions for 68 yards for a 17.0 ypc. Goodwin had a 50 yard catch. Mooney had three receptions for 41 yards for 13.7 ypc. This plays right into the hands of the Ravens defense that consistently gives up the big play. Montgomery and Fields are there main runners.Image result for Ravens vs Bears images  The Bears are coming off a bye week so they will be rested and prepared. The stats do not tell the true tale.

Team Stats

bal.png&h=100&w=100 chi.png&h=100&w=100
Points Per Game 25.7 16.7
Points Allowed Per Game 24.1 24.9
Total Yards 430.3 309.0
Yards Passing 276.2 172.4
Yards Rushing 154.1 136.6
Yards Allowed 386.8 370.2
Pass Yards Allowed 298.6 247.4
Rush Yards Allowed 88.2 122

From the Bears Point of View...

26. Chicago Bears (3-6)

Previous ranking: 25rd-arrow.png

Most important remaining game: Sunday vs. Ravens

This Sunday's game amounts to a last stand for the Bears. You can forget about any late-season, miraculous playoff run if the Bears lose to Baltimore. Everything is on the line for Chicago, including the fate of embattled coach Matt Nagy, who can't afford many more losses on his résumé if he wants to keep his current job. The entire Bears organization is backed up against a wall. This weekend's matchup versus the Ravens could determine many things. -- Jeff DickersonNFL Power Rankings Week 11 - 1-32 poll, plus we identify each team's most important remaining game (espn.com)

Do I detect a little sense of emergency?! Uh...I mean Urgency?! :fishin: 

The Bears Last Stand...lol!...

Can the Ravens win this game? Absolutely. :gorave:Is this a must win game? Yes. The schedule does not get any easier from here on out and the Ravens need all the breathing room that they can get in a mediocre AFC North. I believe they will get the job done after a humbling loss to the Dolphins. However, their margin for error is slim. The loss of Elliott will hurt a defense that has been weakened by injuries. They have to match the physical style of play that they will get from the Bears for 60 minutes. The Ravens must avoid turnovers and costly penalties. The opportunity to find ways to win will be there for the Ravens and they need to cash in on it.

Finally, Lamar needs to remain cool under pressure and exploit what the defense gives him. He needs help from his wide receivers, because the opportunities will be there.

We miss you!

See the source image

Edited by vmax

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Glad Bell is gone but I still don't have good feelings about this team right now. How can you in a worst-to-worst league (by the way, Mikey stole my line for today's column!)? I have very little confidence that we have figured anything out since Miami. Our coaching and talent are shaky right now and the whole team reflects it.

Right at the moment I"d have to say Bears 24 Ravens 20 with our secondary still in full throttle breakdown mode.

Echoing Crav and Oldno, I have no clue which team shows up.  Conventional wisdom says we start out slow on offense yet again (imagine that!), our dysfunctional defense allows Justin Fields to light up our secondary, and we get behind right away.

Maybe Lamar and the O figure it out but I don’t see a scenario where we win in except for another come from behind game like Minnesota or Detroit.  

Otherwise, it looks like a get right game for Fields and Chicago, and Harbs is will be clamoring that we got to look at the tapes and get better.   

Maybe playing the Browns at home the following weekend brings about a sense of urgency to help turn this ship around. 

My two cents ….

Here's some hope..

"But I guess that's just it: I trust this organization to adjust," Schein wrote. "I trust Harbaugh, Lamar and Co. to do what they have to do to get it right. Baltimore's culture is real and spectacular. As is the Ravens' resilience. I would not want to be the Bears on Sunday."Which NFL teams can you trust in erratic 2021 season? Packers, Bills and Cowboys top my list  :gorave:

Jamison Hensley on Twitter
“The Ravens are looking for their first ever win in Chicago as a franchise. Ravens are 0-3 in Chicago (losing there in 1998, 2005 and 2013).

The only other current NFL city where the Ravens haven't won in the regular season or postseason is Minneapolis (Vikings).”

“Lamar Jackson, who is facing the Bears for the first time Sunday, is 25-2 in his first career start against a team.

That's the best record by any QB when facing a team for the first time since 1950 (minimum 20 starts).”

Edited by vmax

Go get a glass of Purple Kool Aid right now! :fishin:

Jamison Hensley
“Ravens had seven players not present for Wednesday's practice:

QB Lamar Jackson (illness)
C Bradley Bozeman (illness)
WR Marquise Brown
NT Brandon Williams (shoulder)
CB Tavon Young (foot)
OLB Justin Houston
CB Jimmy Smith”

Jamison Hensley
“Ravens had two players return:

🏈RB Latavius Murray, who missed last 3 games with an ankle injury

🏈RT Patrick Mekari, who was sidelined last 2 games with an ankle injury”

Edited by vmax

IBS for Lamar, perhaps? Seems he is getting this "illness" quite often so perhaps. The flue is going around, why boggles my mind. If we are following covid protocols, hands washed, distance, mask, then how can the flue spread?

No matter, we ain't taken no prisoners this Sunday, off with their heads! Time to make a nice throw rug of bear hyde...

Nice positive outlook tsyl.  I'll try and feed off it because today all that I see is a loss. I've been looking at the Bears too hard and not at what the Ravens can bring. 
30% chance of rain at kick off time. 70% for the day. Keep an eye on that. The Ravens are 0-3 at Chicago. Lamar is 25-2 in his first starts against a team. We have that going for us.  I'll make my prediction tomorrow.

Few people caught the flu last year due to masks and social distancing. It's supposed to hit hard this year as people relax their disciplines. My son has it now....day 3....nasty.

image.jpeg.e800d6d108fce36a419334ae01ef13bf.jpeg

“Ravens had six players not practicing Thursday:

QB Lamar Jackson (illness)
WR Marquise Brown (thigh)
WR Rashod Bateman
NT Brandon Williams (shoulder)
OT Alejandro Villanueva (likely rest day)
OLB Pernell McPhee (likely rest day)”

Jeff Zrebiec on Twitter
“Ravens who returned to practice: DB Jimmy Smith (hip), CB Tavon Young (foot), C Bradley Bozeman (illness)

“One surprise at Ravens practice today: OT OT Ja'Wuan James was working off to the side with a trainer.

James is on the Non-Football Injury list after an Achilles injury this offseason.

John Harbaugh previously said James could return sometime in December.”

Edited by vmax

It isn't guaranteed to be anywhere near 100% effective but getting a flu shot is better than nothing.

I still feel negative about Sunday's game. I'd like to see us come out with our hair on fire for that game and the rest of the season.

Here Sunday's match up from the Sun..........It made me feel better about the Ravens chances. :gorave:

Ravens vs. Bears scouting report for Week 11: Who has the edge? - Baltimore Sun

Sun Staff picks...Ravens vs. Bears staff picks: Who will win Sunday’s Week 11 game in Chicago? - Baltimore Sun

MV5BYjcwNjc4N2QtZmUwOS00NzM1LWIzNmMtZTJiMDE1NDA4MmM1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjUxMjc1OTM@._V1_UY100_CR30,0,100,100_AL_.jpg "I see Ravens 23-16 over the Bears. 

QUOTE OF THE DAY!

“Lamar Jackson isn't worried if other defenses blitz him like the Dolphins did last game.

"Coaches got right. We got right," Jackson said. "We all joined in and we’ll make something happen. If we see Cover-Zero again, we’ll have an answer."” :yeah:

Brown is out..

The Ravens also downgraded wide receiver Marquise Brown to out with a thigh injury. He had missed two practices this week before being limited Friday....Baltimore Ravens QB Lamar Jackson questionable vs. Chicago Bears due to illness (espn.com)

Jeff Zrebiec on Twitter
“Ravens activate G Ben Cleveland to 53-man roster. G/DT Kahlil McKenzie signed to 53 man. ILB Joe Thomas was elevated from practice squad for Sunday’s game. OLB Pernell McPhee (knee) placed on IR. James Carpenter was released from practice squad.”

The IR list is getting crazy. 

Quarterback Lamar Jackson was added to the injury report Saturday because of an illness, being listed as questionable for the Ravens' game at the Bears on Sunday.

He was added to the report as a precautionary measure because he wasn't feeling 100%, a source told ESPN....Baltimore Ravens QB Lamar Jackson questionable vs. Chicago Bears due to illness (espn.com)

McSorely was activated to back up Huntley if Lamar can't play. Lamar is on the plane flying to Chicago.  My guess is Lamar will play tomorrow. 

Edited by vmax