ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens vs Browns

vmax

Only 40 rush yards for the Browns!!!! 2.7 ypc!!

I was sitting next to a Browns fan and wondering why he wasn't all excited. His team was in the game. Then it hit me. He's used to losing. The thought that the Browns could win didn't occur to him. :fishin:

While leaving the stadium I was walking behind a blind man. I swear. Totally inspiring to see him pushing his limits. Message: don't put limits on yourself. You....I...have no idea how far we can go, grow and accomplish.

Wow, the defense actually played really well, even stopped a game winning drive! The Ravens win!

Lamar, his decision making skills do not exist. All 4 of his picks were into TRIPPLE coverage. What does that mean?

That another wide out had to, HAD TO BE OPEN, wide open.

This isn't an accuracy issue, he has those, this is a choice he makes. This wasn't being fooled by coverage, by a player jumping routes, no, once again Lamar does not see the field. He had no idea where anyone else beside someone, Andrews, who was right in front of him.

On two of the four picks he had Watson wide open, just to his right, but never saw him. Does he need glasses?

He clearly needs practice so I hope he is over being sick and missing weeks of practice.

Win...

On the INT's...stupid throws and reads. Lamar was off, rusty and seemed overly excited at the line as the Browns were moving around. Guessing here....he knew a blitz was coming and wanted to burn it so bad and was trying to figure out how. Thinking too much slowed him down on reading and reacting. He was not accurate with his throws. Timing patterns...where he throws the ball before the receiver breaks and both know where and when the ball will be, would have been killer plays last night....The Ravens offense can't do this now.

The wide open receivers were there. 3 that I saw would have been certain TD's. The trouble is that Lamar was running for his life,

Logically, the Ravens have no business being the #1 seed in the AFC, at the moment. However, there is some invisible intangible....something in the soul or core of this team that has them giving everything they have for 60 minutes to overcome their weaknesses and find ways to win games. It's a cultural thing.  They are consistent there.

After a couple of decades as a Ravens fan you'd think that you would get used to winning ugly. You never do. At least for me. Don't get me wrong I love the winning. It's like the Ravens take their opponent into a bar, they get drunk and a sloppy, bar fight breaks out that somehow the Ravens usually win.

Edited by vmax

Hey papa! I found a good tattoo for you....Image result for Baltimore Ravens Fan Birds

Jamison Hensley on Twitter
“Under John Harbaugh, the Ravens have now beaten the Browns 23 times.

That's tied for the most victories by one team over another since the start of the 2008 season (the Patriots have beaten the Jets 23 times during this span).

Harbaugh is 23-4 overall against the Browns (.852).”

Edited by vmax

I am sure the offensive scheme was held down because they play the Browns again real soon. Also for Lamar, who has.missed so much time practicing. You could see him stare at his wrist band of plays as if they were instructions from Ikea on how to put a table together.

Now, this is no excuse for the mistakes this offense made; missed blocks, poorly run, wrong routes, lack of vision running the ball, not reading the defense properly. Just flat out bad play for a few games now.

Unless they fix this, Cinci will be a blow out and they could be looking to stop a 3 game losing streak....

Hmmm...I've got a feeling things will only get fixed enough to beat the Steelers twice and a time zone/temperature change impacted Rams. I don't see us beating Cincy away at all. We won't beat the Pack either. We're probably 50-50 at Cleveland depending on how depressed the Browns get at another wasted season.

Stats By STATS (@StatsBySTATS)
The @Ravens are the only team in the Super Bowl era to:

-score fewer than 17 pts
-have fewer than 325 total yds
-throw at least 4 more INT than their opponent

...and yet still win the game.

Teams with those numbers were 0-275-1 in the Super Bowl era entering tonight (reg+post)

Packers game flexed tom 4:25pm....

Jamison Hensley on Twitter
“Ravens' updated remaining regular season schedule ...

Dec. 5: at Steelers (4:25PM)
Dec. 12: at Browns (1PM)
Dec. 19: vs. Packers (4:25PM)
Dec. 26: at Bengals (1PM)
Jan. 2: vs. Rams (4:25PM)
Jan. 9: vs. Steelers (1PM)”

Edited by vmax

• 2 weeks later...