ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Mike McDonald next DC?

GrubberRaven

On 1/26/2022 at 4:49 PM, oldno82 said:

Don't know the guy at all except he's another member of the Harbaugh tree. Sometimes around the Ravens, that's all you need to qualify for a job.

He was with the Ravens with 2014-2020. He went to Michigan in 2021 as DC..

Edited by cravnravn

I'm liking the MacDonald "possible hire" the more that I learn about him. Hutchinson raved about him and he could go as high as the #1 pick in the draft. Ojabo went from 1 sack to 11 sacks, QB 23 hurries and a record-breaking 5 forced fumbles in 14 games while playing on 508 snaps. The Michigan D went from # 97 in 2020 to #12 in 2021. The D went from 34.5 points surrendered in 2020 to 16.1 points surrendered in 2021. serious progress for only 1 year.

Image result for Mike Macdonald Michigan images

6 hours ago, vmax said:

I'm liking the MacDonald "possible hire" the more that I learn about him. Hutchinson raved about him and he could go as high as the #1 pick in the draft. Ojabo went from 1 sack to 11 sacks, QB 23 hurries and a record-breaking 5 forced fumbles in 14 games while playing on 508 snaps. The Michigan D went from # 97 in 2020 to #12 in 2021. The D went from 34.5 points surrendered in 2020 to 16.1 points surrendered in 2021. serious progress for only 1 year.

Image result for Mike Macdonald Michigan images

Against poor teams, against the little sisters of the poor. I sure hope if he does come that he leaves his players to go other teams. No way do I want to see a Michigan player deafted in the first 4 rounds.

6 hours ago, tsylvester said:

I would rather they had gone for Weaver. I know he doesn't have the longer term coaching experience, but he is football smart, a great leader, and, a players player.

Agree. And they might yet go to him.

This year the Ravens would greatly benefit if they got Michigan players Hutchenson (Totally unlikely) , Ojabo ( very possible) or Hill (love this possibility) at safety. Macdonald coached Daxton Hill and Ojabo so he can let Eric know if the Ravens should pursue these guys who are both needs. He can let Eric know if he can get Ojabo to be an impact player his first season. He took Ojabo from  a 1 tackle season to 11 sacks. Maybe he can do the same with Oweh. 

In his one season at Michigan, he plugged and played the defensive players differently. He got them in their best positions to succeed. Hopefully he does that here. My guess is Wink had players doing assignments they were not comfortable or capable of doing and this messed with them hitting their full potential here....but not elsewhere.

Jeff Zrebiec on Twitter
“Ravens also announce timing of three press conferences next week.
Monday: John Harbaugh's season-ending PC
Tuesday: Mike Macdonald's introductory PC
Friday: Eric DeCosta's season-ending PC”

I want to hear what he sees as the shortcomings talent wise for our defense and how he plans to shore it up. For once, we don't really need any offensive skill position players this year. That is, unless you believe we should kick the tires on a pocket quarterback.

UPDATE!:

Macdonald is bringing in a pal, Ryan Osborn from Michigan. His DE coach. "As Michigan’s defensive ends coach, Osborn likely worked closely with Aidan Hutchinson and David Ojabo — one of the top edge rusher duos in the country." If this guy can use his genie-in-a-bottle magic elixir on the Ravens DE's life will be good!:gorave:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/report-ravens-adding-michigan-s-ryan-osborn-to-defensive-coaching-staff/ar-AATvyY7?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531 

Need insight into the measure of Mike Macdonald's challenge as he takes over as defensive coordinator? Add up the defensive players he can count on to start in 2022 after finishing 2021 relatively healthy. I've got Chuck Clark, Patrick Queen, Odafe Oweh, maybe Justin Madubuike. You only need one hand. :scared:  Eisenberg: 50 Words or Less on Eric DeCosta’s Press Conference (baltimoreravens.com)

Edited by vmax