Jump to content

We've recently updated our software. Please report any issues you may experience.

dapetes

Cincinnati dominates the north for years to come

Recommended Posts

My point is that in order to compete with the Bungles it’s going to require a complete QB. The Ravens do not have that. This team has fielded a mediocre offense since coming to Baltimore. I’m growing tired of the same old same old with late to mid round under talented  or unmotivated quarterbacks. It seems a high round quarterback pick is the only way to compete in this league. I don’t see us getting lucky anytime soon. I hope I’m wrong.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, dapetes said:

My point is that in order to compete with the Bungles it’s going to require a complete QB. The Ravens do not have that. This team has fielded a mediocre offense since coming to Baltimore. I’m growing tired of the same old same old with late to mid round under talented  or unmotivated quarterbacks. It seems a high round quarterback pick is the only way to compete in this league. I don’t see us getting lucky anytime soon. I hope I’m wrong.

I can't agree. Let's face it we have been spoiled since 2008, we were consistently in the playoffs with mid back offenses and top 5 defences. As fans we MUST give a mulligan for the 2021 season. The injuries alone would of made 31 NFL teams fold up shop.We were extremely fortunate to be in the hunt in late December. Remember it wasn't too long ago that December meant Ravens football time. But with all the injuries it caught up to us this year, what were we 0 for December?

As far as the Bungles go Fuck them, they caught lightening in a bottle. Joe Burrow is damaged goods as far as I'm concerned. They will be picking 31st this year, good luck improving that oline. Tennessee put the blueprint out on getting to him, KC didn't do one thing to capitalize on that.

I'm so looking forward to August of 2022 and to put 2021 season out to pasture.

It EDC we trust. We haven't drafted this early in what seems like decades. Looking forward to it..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You’re correct. However it’s more than likely not a high enough draft pick to secure a viable QB. While that’s a crap shoot it is the most reliable method to that end. Pittsburg is working its way there. If they do it’s bad news for the Ravens. We’ll see how burrows does in the SB? That’ll help.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, cravnravn said:

I can't agree. Let's face it we have been spoiled since 2008, we were consistently in the playoffs with mid back offenses and top 5 defences. As fans we MUST give a mulligan for the 2021 season. The injuries alone would of made 31 NFL teams fold up shop.We were extremely fortunate to be in the hunt in late December. Remember it wasn't too long ago that December meant Ravens football time. But with all the injuries it caught up to us this year, what were we 0 for December?

As far as the Bungles go Fuck them, they caught lightening in a bottle. Joe Burrow is damaged goods as far as I'm concerned. They will be picking 31st this year, good luck improving that oline. Tennessee put the blueprint out on getting to him, KC didn't do one thing to capitalize on that.

I'm so looking forward to August of 2022 and to put 2021 season out to pasture.

It EDC we trust. We haven't drafted this early in what seems like decades. Looking forward to it..

I am not taking excuses for the down yr.  They were unprepared.  That squarely falls at the hc feet.  

Ten didn't write any book.  Everyone knew since last yr that the ol was crap.  That is why so many were pissed when they drafted chase.  Well now they have all their weapons and a decent d.  They can easily find enough linemen to keep him safe this spring.  

Btw I think Stafford were the bed in 2 weeks.  Burrow will be good.  He is far from damaged goods.  

29 minutes ago, dapetes said:

You’re correct. However it’s more than likely not a high enough draft pick to secure a viable QB. While that’s a crap shoot it is the most reliable method to that end. Pittsburg is working its way there. If they do it’s bad news for the Ravens. We’ll see how burrows does in the SB? That’ll help.

There is no qb in this draft worth going after.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, papasmurfbell said:

I am not taking excuses for the down yr.  They were unprepared.  That squarely falls at the hc feet.  

Ten didn't write any book.  Everyone knew since last yr that the ol was crap.  That is why so many were pissed when they drafted chase.  Well now they have all their weapons and a decent d.  They can easily find enough linemen to keep him safe this spring.  

Btw I think Stafford were the bed in 2 weeks.  Burrow will be good.  He is far from damaged goods.  

There is no qb in this draft worth going after.

How can you not forgive this season? 17 starters on IR...thats not an excuse, it's a fact. We lost our entire run game. We lost our secondary. We lost our QB for the last month of the season. Sorry, Harbs doesn't have a 53 man roster of all pro starters.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Six games were lost by a total of less than 15 points; six. This with the plethora of injuries, including their quarterback, 2 starting pro bowl corners, and a safety. They had a ton od first year players, practice squad players not just starting but playing a majority of the snaps. Did I mention the issues with injuries on the offensive line, the running backs?

Six games, <15 pts.

This is a team that went 14-2 not so long ago when fully healthy.

The only real question, & yes it's a big question is Lamar. Can he stay healthy, illness or injury. Shoot the most disappointing thing to come from the pressconfrence is that Lamar is still not healed from a bone bruise 2 months ago...

Then there is the question about his passing accuracy, reading a defense quickly, getting the ball out on time.

Yes I know, big questions, but again, 14-2, when healthy.

Will the Bengals be good for a while? Likley, but nothing unbeatable, nothing more than the battles we've had with Pitt over the years. Frankly, they are going to face cap issues in the near future as well. The future is not so bleak

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know Max has the game tapes...I would really like to dissect that Miami game, both sides of the ball. We went 1-6 since that game.. And 2 of the 6 were very winnable. Its a whole new season if we had JK and Edwards in for those attempts, Stanley too.. We would have had many other options besides Andrews.

As a fan getting older I don't like to attend games anymore..Its too fast and then the play is over. Unfortunately I have 2 this year, possibly 3 to attend.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, I just wish they would do away with pregame shows, show commercials for that hour, do the same for the half time shows, afterall, the broadcasts teams just repeat what the aforementioned have said. This way they can keep the injury timeouts, and called timeouts, but we will see the 3 + hour in 2 hours or less

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, cravnravn said:

How can you not forgive this season? 17 starters on IR...thats not an excuse, it's a fact. We lost our entire run game. We lost our secondary. We lost our QB for the last month of the season. Sorry, Harbs doesn't have a 53 man roster of all pro starters.

It is an excuse.  The didnt have the most players on ir by a large margine.  88 players vs 75 is huge.  We lost the QB that was to confused to play well.

5 hours ago, tsylvester said:

Six games were lost by a total of less than 15 points; six. This with the plethora of injuries, including their quarterback, 2 starting pro bowl corners, and a safety. They had a ton od first year players, practice squad players not just starting but playing a majority of the snaps. Did I mention the issues with injuries on the offensive line, the running backs?

Six games, <15 pts.

This is a team that went 14-2 not so long ago when fully healthy.

The only real question, & yes it's a big question is Lamar. Can he stay healthy, illness or injury. Shoot the most disappointing thing to come from the pressconfrence is that Lamar is still not healed from a bone bruise 2 months ago...

Then there is the question about his passing accuracy, reading a defense quickly, getting the ball out on time.

Yes I know, big questions, but again, 14-2, when healthy.

Will the Bengals be good for a while? Likley, but nothing unbeatable, nothing more than the battles we've had with Pitt over the years. Frankly, they are going to face cap issues in the near future as well. The future is not so bleak

This was pre figured out and since that tie he has been regressing pretty consistently.

4 hours ago, cravnravn said:

I know Max has the game tapes...I would really like to dissect that Miami game, both sides of the ball. We went 1-6 since that game.. And 2 of the 6 were very winnable. Its a whole new season if we had JK and Edwards in for those attempts, Stanley too.. We would have had many other options besides Andrews.

As a fan getting older I don't like to attend games anymore..Its too fast and then the play is over. Unfortunately I have 2 this year, possibly 3 to attend.

And the won 5 games by like 12 pts so they could have been worse.  Keep playing ball close and it gets you eventually.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, papasmurfbell said:

A whole 2 players difference,  They used 88 and we used 75.  So covid is probably the difference there.  

They had their starting qb, a major difference..

You can say excuse, you can say close games catch up to you. True but also misleading.

The fact is this team made up of mostly frie cooks on defense, a qb with no playing time, was in most every game and one play away in 6 of the loses from making the playoffs.

How good was Ten? They lost their only playoff game, yippie... Now they get a low draft pick.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Now hold on a minute. Lamar played excellently before the Miami debacle. He was reading his progressions,, throwing and completing outside the numbers and was in the talk for MVP. The failure of the coaching during and after Miami PLUS all the injuries is what blew him up.

Lamar can be successful but he needs a flexible OC. As defenses adjust, our offense has to adjust. I'm certainly willing to wait and see about Lamar after about 6 games this season.

I'm also wanting, really wanting to see us get an A-1 pass rusher for the defense. Making up new schemes for blitzing to create pressure to overcome a lack of pass rush talent eventually runs out of gas.

Right now Joe Burrow is on everyone's lips and I'm glad for Cincy because they went decades trying to find a #1 QB. Ditto for Cleveland. Quarterbacks of that caliber don't grow on trees and there is no telling how many drafts and free agents we'd go through trying to find one. They weren't called the Bungles and Clowns for nothing.

I was really glad  to read this:

"Harbaugh said the road forward cannot look exactly like the road behind. The Ravens will rely on Roman’s run designs but probably not to the degree they did in 2019. They will have to continue asking more from Jackson as a passer, a process that seemed well underway in the early weeks of the 2021 season, before the offense stagnated. Harbaugh did not forecast a ground-up rebuild but said Roman and his staff will spend the next few weeks sorting out their scheme priorities."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, papasmurfbell said:

I dont see Lamar nearly in Burrow's league now.  He is far and away better.  Lamar was in and playing like crap for so much of the season.

The best qb doesn't always win the games, shoot, Dilfer won a Super Bowl, Mark Ripien won one, Jim Kelly lost 4 of them, Dan Marino lost one and never got back and look at those offenses those guys lead.

Lamar doesn't have to be be better than, lame papa...ole buddy ole pal

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wow! I just saw this topic and immediately thought,"Pipe Dream!"

Have you not watched the AFC this year? 

No juggernaut dominant teams. A healthy Ravens team would be playing in the SB. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, tsylvester said:

The best qb doesn't always win the games, shoot, Dilfer won a Super Bowl, Mark Ripien won one, Jim Kelly lost 4 of them, Dan Marino lost one and never got back and look at those offenses those guys lead.

Lamar doesn't have to be be better than, lame papa...ole buddy ole pal

On this point I wasnt even talking the SB.  But I have Lamar at 15.  That is at least 1 full tier below Burrow.  Burrow moves the ball around to all his talent.  He lifts his team above what they are on paper.  Burrow took it upon himself to help design the offense.

Have we not heard Lamar needs receivers?  Lamar needs a good OL?  Lamar needs a different QC?  Lamar has this need or that so he can shine not so he can make his team shine.

24 minutes ago, vmax said:

Wow! I just saw this topic and immediately thought,"Pipe Dream!"

Have you not watched the AFC this year? 

No juggernaut dominant teams. A healthy Ravens team would be playing in the SB. 

 

No they werent.  They still have a coach that is clueless in situational football and time mang.  

What is a healthy team?  Is it Stanley?  He didnt get hurt bc of play this yr.  He came in hurt.  The OL needs so much help.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...