ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Josh Wilson signs with Redskins

Guest BallTMore

Guest BallTMore

Per Aaron Wilson's twitter, and WNST text.

Most likly means Carr will remain a Raven. I'm ok with that. He was quietly solid last season.

I did like Wilson, though.

I thought I read Carr was looking for $5mill a year!

Also read that the Ravens supposedly didn't even offer Wilson and that him being 2nd in line to Yanda on the list of the Ravens FA priorities was only a smokescreen for something else. Does that mean Asomugha? Probably not, but it would be nice.

NFL.com has Aso going to the Jets, and they're pretty confident it's going to happen. I would have loved having Wilson playing the nickel, but Carr has done a good job, hopefully we can bring him back.

I assume that would put Cromartie available. I wonder if the Ravens would have any interest

Guest BallTMore
I assume that would put Cromartie available. I wonder if the Ravens would have any interest

Paying for his daycare would cost more than signing Nnamdi.

• Upvote 1

While I'd love to have Naamdi or Joseph I just have a feeling we don't have the cap room available. We must sign Ngata to a long-term cap friendly deal. Right now he's eating up a ton of cap money with the Franchise tag. And this should be done ASAP. We still need an OT and a FB at least.

On the Ravens in FA so far:

Ozzie's doing what he always does in letting the market settle down. He won't get in bidding wars during the early days of free agency. Let the top dollar guys go.

They are signing their own and waiting for value.

The Ravens are set at CB...that's not a team weakness.

Can anybody point me to where it says what our cap room is? I thought we freed up 18.6mil with the cuts but we need 4 for the rookie pool and we just gave 6.5 to Yanda. So that sounds like 8.1 mil left.

How did you come up with that?? Carr is going to be gone, Foxworth is coming off major surgery.

Good news is, Texans signed Joseph, and its real apparent that the Jesters cant afford Aso, or he would have been signed by now.

Heres to hoping the Ravens become a player in the Aso sweepstakes.

Aso was thrown at 32 times last year..32 TIMES!!!! and only 14 completed.

Come on Oz, pull the trigger.

How did you come up with that?? Carr is going to be gone, Foxworth is coming off major surgery.

Good news is, Texans signed Joseph, and its real apparent that the Jesters cant afford Aso, or he would have been signed by now.

Heres to hoping the Ravens become a player in the Aso sweepstakes.

Aso was thrown at 32 times last year..32 TIMES!!!! and only 14 completed.

Come on Oz, pull the trigger.

Crav,

Agree we are not set at CB for reasons stated. Dont agree the Jets cant afford Aso. Adam Schefter, ESPN, says the Jets have $10M to play with and hes surprised they heavent snatched him up. He also says the Jets GM (Woody Johnson) is a crackerjack at the cap game and he will get er done.

I would be shocked if we get, even seriously pursue Aso.

Crav,

Agree we are not set at CB for reasons stated. Dont agree the Jets cant afford Aso. Adam Schefter, ESPN, says the Jets have $10M to play with and hes surprised they heavent snatched him up. He also says the Jets GM (Woody Johnson) is a crackerjack at the cap game and he will get er done.

I would be shocked if we get, even seriously pursue Aso.

I heard the Jets were 10 mil under also, but I also heard that 10 mil didnt reflect Holmes cap hit nor did it include the rookie salary pool of 3.5 million...