ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Vonta Leach

oldno82

Leach Signed

I was real happy to hear we signed this guy as I thought he'd be out of our price range. We just picked up the best blocking FB in the NFL and with us losing Heap this goes a long way to filling Heap's blocking role as well as a bulldozer to open up lanes for Ray Rice.

A great pickup!

Amazing!'Good work Ozzie!

I don't know how Ozzie did it but he beat out Houston where Leach was the past 5 years with the #1 RB in the NFL, Cowgirls, Broncos and Giants.

"Hitting is part of what I do," he said. "It's the mentality of a fullback. You're going to go in there [and] hit somebody every single time, every single play. It's going to be like a car crash."

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-sp-ravens-0801-20110731,0,7482497.story

Yea...he'll be a great addition here.

Shades of Sam Gash.

I still would love to bring in another RB or McClain. Talk about a great goal line duo there.... McClain could be the backup RB and FB and goal line back. Not sure he's going to find more PT than that anywhere else...

Cinncy, with Ced Benson beating the living hell out of his "life partner" they are going to be thin at RB.

I still would love to bring in another RB or McClain. Talk about a great goal line duo there.... McClain could be the backup RB and FB and goal line back. Not sure he's going to find more PT than that anywhere else...

Well, this should lift your spirits, even if they don't add back McClain (although, I would like to have him)[From the Sun]:

"On the flip side of Berry's struggles, rookie running back Anthony Allen looked powerful. During a full-team drill, Allen bulled through the offensive line, and it took three defensive players to bring him down after a gain of 12 yards. On the next play, Allen wouldn't go down even after being stood up at the 1, and a gang of defensive players pushed him out of bounds.".

The heavy package, Cousins, Leach and Allen - right at Aaron Smith and James Harrison. Of course, given Harrison and Smith, that may or may not work.