ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Mason Signs With New York Jets

Guest BallTMore

Guest BallTMore

1 year deal. Ozzie must have a lot of faith in the young guys.

After watching the offense practice this morning, I do not know how he is not concerned. Double Boldin and spy Rice and we're back to ol' Baltimore 3 and out offense. The oline looks like they can't block anyone, so the WR situation may be a moot point.

Torry Smith looks nice, but surely we can't expect him to have a huge impact his rookie season. It just doesn't happen often as that positon.

Doss...eh

Pitta...oh god. I really hope he was just having a bad day. Hopefully Dickenson is legit.

Still way to early to start freaking out, but I'm getting there. haha.

This is only the 2nd practice the whole team has had together.

Since the playoffs.

Patience.

Every team in the NFL looks like crap now.

I say forget getting a vet WR now. Sink or swim with the rooks.

I wanted him back. I love the guy...but...Derrick is 37 years old.

He's got one route he can run and get open and it's ain't deep...or medium...or mid range.

Teams only have to cover 12 yards of the field with the old guys out there.

The Ravens will miss Heap a whole lot more.

I'm sorry to see mason go. He was our only glimmer of hope last year as was heap in our receiving Dept..Boldin attended but not much more. Last year without the salary cap. Ozzie made bad transactions. Spent alot of money. And now can't afford to field a viable team it seems.Past poor planning and Knee jerk reactions has handcuffed this team. I'm pissed about Mason leaving. I don't blame him. Pride is a powerful chip to gamble with. And ozzie lost. Did he go to the Jets for less money? It wouldn't suprise me. Whos gonna catch the ball without Mason?

Baltimore is the Elephants Graveyard for old receivers.

None of them has done 1 thing to help the O.

Roll the dice...use who we have....adjust...adapt.

Win or lose.

I don't like it. I wish the had at least 2 proven vet receivers...but they don't and only garbage is available now.

We saw how deep the Ravens could go with Mason, Stallworth and TJ.

The Ravens are now interested in Cotchery but I heard he failed his physical with the Jets and thats why they went after mason.

I don't want Cotchery---stay with what we have and let Smith and Doss play and maybe Hardy if he can nip the injury bug.

Alright for fucks sake everyone I can't take another misspelling. Our starting TE's name is DICKSON. No idea where all this Dickenson shit came from but after about 10 times seeing it spelled that way I had to say something. Sorry about that haha.

Mason provided nothing at WR we don't already have. The issue we need to resolve is Right Tackle. Find a starter there and we're fine.

Guest BallTMore

Once Dickenson starts catching balls we'll remember to spell his name right. :biggrin:

Mason provided nothing at WR we don't already have. The issue we need to resolve is Right Tackle. Find a starter there and we're fine.

I'm curious to know when Mason became a bum? It seems like fans are treating him this way now that he is gone. I don't know if they're trying to make themselves feel better, but Mason was pretty clutch. He kept a lot of drives going. I think we'll miss that.

We don't know what we have in Smith and Doss. They may play great, they may not. History says rookie WRs don't make huge impacts.

I'm ready to roll with what we have, but I'm still not comfortable with the WR situation. Add in the lack of depth at QB, RB and Oline and this could get ugly.

But, we'll see what shakes loose in the coming weeks. Maybe a few vets get released that can fill those holes.

Boldin is a better version of Mason, a possession WR. You can't have you're two top WR's be guys that don't run routes past 8 yards and I think last year proved that. I still think we will pick up a veteran WR, hopefully one that offers something different. I do have faith in Smith and Doss, but yes, we do need another vet.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/07/blindsided-by-his-release-derrick-mason-holds-no-grudges/

“It’s business,” Mason said in quotes distributed by the team. “It’s the business of football, and I understand it. Was I blindsided? Yeah, I was, and when you’re blindsided, yeah, you’re upset about it. It can be with any job. If you felt that you were going into a situation where you were on the cusp of something special, and you never thought that you would be released, or fired, or what not, you would be a little bit upset, but I had my moment. After that, I understood it’s the business of football. It happened to me before, and it happened to me again. It happens to everybody in this business, whether you’re great at your position or not. You’re going to get released. You just have to be able to deal with it as quickly as possible.”