ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens vs Giants Week 6

vmax

12 minutes ago, cravnravn said:

What has Lamar done since 2019? His momma is going to be pissed at the offer

I honestly think he is focused on being a pocket passer first, running only when forced to scramble, running carefully when it is a called play.

Either way, they have no choice but to pay him, they won't draft high enough to get a decent qb close to ready. They won't be able to land a fa qb worth anything and trading for one is out of the question.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tsylvester said:

I honestly think he is focused on being a pocket passer first, running only when forced to scramble, running carefully when it is a called play.

Either way, they have no choice but to pay him, they won't draft high enough to get a decent qb close to ready. They won't be able to land a fa qb worth anything and trading for one is out of the question.

Tag and trade him gets you there.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, tsylvester said:

Of note, these far superior offenses have put up a total of 10 pts in the first half with 2.mins remaining. These far superior qbs have each turned the ball over in the redzone...

Of note, in the final 2 mins, Buffalo drove 90 yards for a touchdown, leaving KC with 12 seconds. They drove to get a 62 yard field goal... I love football

16 minutes ago, papasmurfbell said:

Tag and trade him gets you there.

Oh sure, but then you have to draft well, something this team has not done recently.

Also, who do you think will give up 2, 3 first round draft picks?

Not Seattle, not Carolina, they don't have any picks. Not NE, they currently have 2 apparently very good rookies now.

The Ravens don't want to do a Watson contract, not sure any team will a Watson like trade.

Let's go back to 2019, Lamar's playoff game, 106 pick 6, yeah we were 8-3 heading to Miami where I wasted a shit ton of money, to watch Lamar stink up the place and hēad us to a tail spin, look at the 3 losses this year, Miami, 3 2nd half points, Buffalo 0 2nd half points, 2nd half. 3 plays punt, 5 plays punt, 7 plays Int, 13 plays int in endzone, today 2nd half meltdown by Lamar. Int and fumble. He's done squat to help the team since 2019, time to seperate ties, take a 4th for him

• Upvote 1

So what do you want to do, play ring around the rosy with a new qb every 3-5 years? Hoping, each time, you land one that can win you a championship? Yeah, that is easy to do, there is a reason why only 2 or 3 qbs in the draft each year turn out, most stink and it is not all on the coaching.

No, when you find one you pay him and try to build around him.

I know, I know, Lamar stinks in prime time, in the playoffs. However, maybe, just maybe he can develop to play better in those games.

• Downvote 1

5 hours ago, tsylvester said:

Oh sure, but then you have to draft well, something this team has not done recently.

Also, who do you think will give up 2, 3 first round draft picks?

Not Seattle, not Carolina, they don't have any picks. Not NE, they currently have 2 apparently very good rookies now.

The Ravens don't want to do a Watson contract, not sure any team will a Watson like trade.

There is always a sucker team out there.  Someone will load us down with picks.

If they pay Lamar the window is closed.  There will be no championship.  

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, GrubberRaven said:

If he doesn't learn that there are other receivers outside of Andrews, he'll never get better.

Of course he has absolutely NO touch on his deep ball either...

Ugh, I really hate how I view Lamar now, knowing he's holding out for more guaranteed money...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, papasmurfbell said:

There is always a sucker team out there.  Someone will load us down with picks.

If they pay Lamar the window is closed.  There will be no championship.  

True, but what do you do when you draft a Baker Mayfield? Wait three years, see if he pans out, then start over again?

Maybe the Skins will take the trade bait , toss in Taylor Henekie, he has great, wait for it, potential. Him plus a 1st, 3rd and 7th for Lamar....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GrubberRaven said:

Didn't get to watch the second half, but how much of that snap was on Linderbaum?  Was it the noise of the stadium.

Lamar better go on a tear, or he'll be tagged.

It was on Lindy, they rushed the snap because of the rush, everyone was on the Los.

They should have called a time out and talked it over. Just like on the qb sneak, Lamar rushed it, instead of taking time making sure everyone was set.

They get that first down, game over

Alarming fact: 

Jeff Zrebiec • 
 — Today at 8:51 AM
Ravens defense has gotten much of the criticism for the 4th quarter meltdowns and deservedly so. Offense plenty culpable, too.
Ravens have had 15 full 4th quarter drives. They've either thrown INTs or fumbled on 6 of them. And they've turned ball over on downs once

unknown.png

My random thoughts: 2 turnovers and 10 penalties will get you a loss on the road almost every time. Peters and Humphrey seem a step slower. That's a concern. Tackling has been an issue. it was better yesterday. The Ravens got away from running the ball in the 2nd half and the Giants didn't. They played "Raven Ball" and won ugly. 

The Ravens run out of gas in the 4th quarter.

On the passing attack: Lamar completed 53% of his passes. Not good. He missed wide open receivers for TD's. Make 1 of those and Ravens win. Andrews bails him out with some spectacular catches every game. Balls that are "in the neighborhood." Duverney too. There was some drops. There were 17 receptions on 32 targets for 210 yards and 1 TD. 12.4ypp. He hit 7 receivers.

I'm giving myself today to work this loss off and then I'll move onto the upcoming Browns game tomorrow. As bad a yesterday was there a lot of good too. 4 sacks. 6 tackles for a loss. 5 QB hits. They held Barkley to 3.8 ypc. Travis Jones and Madubuike had awesome games. Kenyon Drake! 10 carries, 119 yards! 11.9 ypc!  

Why didn't the Ravens simply run over a Giants defense who were powerless against the run!?

The Ravens receivers were open. Lamar couldn't get them the ball.

I'm mainly disappointed. 
Campbell, Travis Jones, Madubuke, and Queen on defense had good games.
Duverney had 1 catch on 5 targets. That hurt.
Finally, and once again: 2 turnovers and 10 penalties will get you a loss on the road almost every time.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, GrubberRaven said:

So Lamar and Roman

Roman must go, plain and simple. Sure, there has been some good play calls, but not enough to over shadow the bad ones. Toss in the terrible pass route combinations, especially in the redzone and it is clear Roman has to go.

No slants, no stacked receivers to create natural seperation, just layered patterns so Lamar can chose between a five yard or 10 yard receiver.

I've seen high-school teams with more designed route combinations to get an open man.

Why didn't Roman keep running the ball in the 2nd half? The Giants could not stop it. 

Things are heading south....

Number crunch

117: How many seconds the Ravens have trailed in their three defeats.

7: Ravens’ yards per play, including a season-best 8.8 yards per rushing attempt.

3.8: Giants’ yards per play.

3: Jackson touchdown passes over the last three games after he threw 10 over the first three.

I heard on the radio that Allen's 4th quarter passer rating for this season is 120. Lamars is around 50. His numbers keep getting worse. 

This deserves to stand alone...

However, one thing that falls largely on Jackson and absolutely needs to be improved: his play in the fourth quarter. At a time of the game when every team needs their quarterback to play smart and efficient football, Jackson has too often been careless with his decision-making. At a time when teams need their quarterback to be the closer, Jackson has too often contributed to the door staying open for opponents.

The Ravens have had 15 full fourth-quarter drives, not counting kneeldown situations. They’ve turned the ball over on seven of them, with Jackson throwing four interceptions and fumbling once, Rashod Bateman fumbling and the Ravens failing to convert on a fourth-and-short against the Miami Dolphins.

Of the eight fourth-quarter drives that haven’t ended with either a turnover or turnover on downs, the Ravens have scored two touchdowns, kicked three field goals and punted three times. So, the Ravens have points on just five of 15 fourth-quarter drives, and on three of those, they settled for field goals....https://theathletic.com/3702145/2022/10/17/baltimore-ravens-lamar-jackson-struggles/?source=emp_shared_article

Here's more from Zrebiec.......

"That hasn’t happened often enough and Jackson’s role in the struggles is tough to overlook. In the fourth quarter this year, he’s completed 29 of 45 passes for 326 yards, one touchdown and four interceptions. He had only six fourth-quarter interceptions in his first four NFL seasons.

His quarterback rating in the fourth quarter this season is just 56.3, his lowest of any quarter by a wide margin. Jackson’s rating is 97.8 in the first quarter, 114.8 in the second and 100.6 in the third.

7 hours ago, tsylvester said:

True, but what do you do when you draft a Baker Mayfield? Wait three years, see if he pans out, then start over again?

Maybe the Skins will take the trade bait , toss in Taylor Henekie, he has great, wait for it, potential. Him plus a 1st, 3rd and 7th for Lamar....

I think Lamar still gets us 3 first round picks.