ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Week 7. Ravens vs Browns

vmax

Just now, papasmurfbell said:

They tried hard to lose this.

It's unreal how bad they get once they get a lead. It's like watching a pack 12 team.

As well as they ran the ball, Lamar is still clearly very, very reluctant to run. Is he hurt worse (hip) than said? Is he so focused on being a pocket passer that he loses site of scrambling lanes?

I do feel that all of this: subbing in for rest for the offensive line, is costing this team continuity,. There were times Lamar barely got the snap on a deep shot gun set and he was engulfed.

The running game had lanes but no one was there to block the back side? Causing a loss of yards, leaving far more yards on the field..

• Like 1

Agree Lamar has to run more and the offensive line is having cohesiveness issues. I would hope they know what they're doing with the 'rest' periods for players like Stanley but he has been back for a few games now and I would guess he's ready for more time. But then I'm no orthopedic doctor. I also think Lamar's hip is bothering him. At least Gus was back and looked real good. Here's hoping he stays healthy.

• Like 1

254 total yards of offense. Let that sink in.
Ravens D had 5 sacks 5 tackles for a loss, 5 QB hits a few were nasty, hey...they came through

3 penalties. 1 turnover. Progress
7 for 14 on 3rd down 
Browns 336 yards of offense.  Ravens 254 :nono:

Big reason Ravens won this game was special teams. Duvernay’s long return set up points. Tucker from 55 yards in fourth quarter. Stout had his best day. Block FG.

I'm happy and amazed that they won. It was actually a really great day at the Bank because of all the 2012 stuff going on. At the end it was great to see the 2012 players cheering on the Ravens to get a stop. Ed and Jacoby were having a ball

Ravens (4-3)
Bengals (4-3)
Browns (2-5)
Steelers (2-5) :gorave:

Duv sparked this team, they were flat until his return, then his diving catch lit the fire even more. Kid is a star who needs to be focused more in the offense.

I feel bad for noggin, he was having a great game, a second great game. His blocking, he put a defensive end on his are, he broke Lamar free on a big 4th down. His runs were outstanding, even on his fumble, great vision, cut, explosion, but the fumble. He doesn't fumble, they score a touchdown there....

• Like 1

Good posts here!  Still cannot figure this team or its identity.  Lamar plays error free, running game garners a buck 60 yards, but passing nets ca. 100 yards.  Dysfunctional offense, decent D and amazing, game saving ST's play. We could just have easily been sitting here this morning at 3-4.  But, we didn't and we're sitting here tied for 1st in AFCN.     

Looking ahead, I'm clueless about who or what to expect.   Lamar seems to be in a funk - either afraid to make a mistake or even take off.   He just needs to cut loose, ball out but play smart. 

Thursday night's tilt in Tampa will be interesting.  Lamar vs Brady and two teams trying to find their identities.  I could see a highly competitive, close game just as easy as a blowout of either team.    With all the gloom and doom about Tampa, a bad loss in Carolina, and a PO'd Brady, I could see a wakeup performance by the Bucs.   I could also see this Brownies W as a possible turning point in our season.  Pick em ? !                           

Hate the short week, who is going to play from those who came back from injury?

Lamar in night games, normally a 105 passer rating, will we get him or the hesitant one we've seen this year?

Which defense will show up? Will Evans burn us, flags be thrown for roughing the golden boy?

I hate night games, especially Thursday night games, and so do the players.

Who knows WTF Ravens team shows up? Or what Lamar? Agree with all the comments about Lamar being in a funk. He's not playing like he did in his first years here. Looks like he's been subjected to brain-washing. I seldom see the confident young guy we drafted. Instead of molding him, looks like we've practically turned him into mold!

How much leash is Roman going to get ??

1 minute ago, oldno82 said:

Who knows WTF Ravens team shows up? Or what Lamar? Agree with all the comments about Lamar being in a funk. He's not playing like he did in his first years here. Looks like he's been subjected to brain-washing. I seldom see the confident young guy we drafted. Instead of molding him, looks like we've practically turned him into mold!

How much leash is Roman going to get ??

Friend of harbaugh so its endless.

Well....... Something is going right.....

Jamison Hensley • 
With the Bengals' loss to Browns, the Ravens (5-3) currently don't face a team with a winning record in their final 9 games:

@ Saints (3-5)
vs. Panthers (2-6)
@ Jaguars (2-6)
vs. Broncos (3-5)
@ Steelers (2-6)
@ Browns (3-5)
vs. Falcons (4-4)
vs. Steelers (2-6)
@ Bengals (4-4)
[11:08 PM]
Who made out better than the Ravens on Halloween?

Trade for Roquan Smith

Gain sole possession of 1st place in AFC North with Bengals’ loss to Browns

Ravens (5-3)
Bengals (4-4)
Browns (3-5)
Steelers (2-6)

:bow: 

amison Hensley • 
Ravens' chances of winning the AFC North increased from 65.1% to 84% after Bengals' 32-13 loss to the Browns, per ESPN's Football Power Index.

Baltimore's chances of reaching the playoffs are at 94.7%. Only the Bills (99.9%) and Chiefs (99.8%) have higher projections in the AFC.

:gorave:

The bye week could not come at a better time. It gives injured players time to heal & return. It gives those missing time due to injuries time to come back at full strength.

If they truly take this one game at a time, 14-3 is not only possible but likely.

We know Bowser is a keeper who will help this defense, both the pass rush & in coverage.

The one we have no idea about is Ojaba, can he really rush the passer? Can he hold an edge?

The two added to the rotation mean that there will be fresher legs in the 4th quarter when this defense really needs them.

Add to that Williams likely to come back, how long can a dislocated wrist keep a defender out? In my day, a dislocation meant set it, wrap it, get back at it.....

Man oh man with Smith in the fold, watch out for this defense at full strength. Peters will be fully healthy, Hump as well as they both have been playing injured or unsure because of injury.

Now can Roman keep implementing those passing schemes? With Stanley about to be at full, full game strength, this line should be solid as a brick wall re-enforced with steel!