ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Cotchery is in town

cravnravn

Yep but its got to be better than the pickup of Bills TE castoff Jonathan Stupar :scared:

Damn, why the hell didnt we go after a Zach Miller instead of settling for a Stupor ? :cryin:

Hmm... I don't know, maybe there's a good $34 Million reasons why?

Really, was that a serious question?

I would've also liked Stallworth back, but he signed with Wash I believe. Housh seemed to clash too much with the coaching staff to come back. Cotchery seems like he'd be a good low-risk, high-reward signing.

Hmm... I don't know, maybe there's a good $34 Million reasons why?

Really, was that a serious question?

I would've also liked Stallworth back, but he signed with Wash I believe. Housh seemed to clash too much with the coaching staff to come back. Cotchery seems like he'd be a good low-risk, high-reward signing.

No, not serious. Still miffed about about the Heap loss and not enthused about the alternative (s).

Stallworth is a skin. Agree with you on Housh. Cotchery is damaged goods - back surgery earlier in the season - and passed over by the Jets.

At this point, not many other options though the runmor mill says Bills WR Lee Evans could be acquired via trade. Just a rumor.

If they don't want to bring Housh back, they should just stay with the young guys.

We might just have to accept the fact that this is going to be a retooling year. The Defense is solid, I think, and has good depth. The Offense may finally have all the skill players it needs but oh that offensive line. I just don't want to see Joe getting killed and protecting him seems to be a big problem from what I've read here and elsewhere in practice.

Why all the hate towards Cotchery? He's had some great seasons with some crappy QB's. He didn't put up big numbers the past few years but one of those years was Mark Sanchez's rookie year and last year he was playing behind Edwards and Holmes for half the season. He's not a burner, but assuming he passes his physical I think he will be at least as solid as Mason, possibly an upgrade.

That's all that's left in the FA market at this point. Get him for depth if nothing else. If Boldin goes down you don't want Flacco throwing to two rookies.

Well...you make a point there OTR...Vet depth is needed for sure.

I just don't want to lose LaQuan Williams for example because of a roster spot by a player who can't be an impact for the Ravens long term.

Cotchery wasn't a #1 target so maybe he can step his game up if thrown to more often...we'll see.

That's all that's left in the FA market at this point. Get him for depth if nothing else. If Boldin goes down you don't want Flacco throwing to two rookies.

But I do! I want to get these young guys goin! I also want Joe to do it with whomever. I want him to be the type of QB that will get it done no matter what.

But I do! I want to get these young guys goin! I also want Joe to do it with whomever. I want him to be the type of QB that will get it done no matter what.

I know I've been beating this drum over and over, but if the Offensive Line can't protect Joe, having a vet or not isn't going to matter. I'm really worried about RT, C, and the pass blocking of our TEs.

I know I've been beating this drum over and over, but if the Offensive Line can't protect Joe, having a vet or not isn't going to matter. I'm really worried about RT, C, and the pass blocking of our TEs.

I've had visions of Flacco getting hammered, hurried, running for his life and dumping the ball off.

Because of the line and because the TE and rookie WR's either can't get open or are running wrong routes.

That would leave Joe with Bouldin [who will be double covered] and Ray Rice. He lost 2 safety valves in Mason and Heap...he could afford to lose 1...but 2 is really rolling the dice.

The best way to work Smith and Doss in would have been for Joe to have 2 targets he can count on. He doesn't.

“@jamisonhensley: Source: Former #Jets WR Jerricho Cotchery won't be joining #Ravens. He visited team Tuesday.”

Really don't see what we have to lose by signing this guy to what would likely be a veterans minimum contract.

He can go over the middle and doesn't go down easily. Works the sidelines well, and also can get behind the defense. Granted he's not as good as he once was, but what's the risk here again? Don't agree with passing on him right now. We need another veteran WR, who is a better option out there?

I've had visions of Flacco getting hammered, hurried, running for his life and dumping the ball off.

Because of the line and because the TE and rookie WR's either can't get open or are running wrong routes.

That would leave Joe with Bouldin [who will be double covered] and Ray Rice. He lost 2 safety valves in Mason and Heap...he could afford to lose 1...but 2 is really rolling the dice.

The best way to work Smith and Doss in would have been for Joe to have 2 targets he can count on. He doesn't.

Your visions are my nightmares.

We'll start to find out something tonight but all I'm saying is that if Joe is getting harassed and killed he won't have time to throw to either a veteran or a rookie.

Guest BallTMore

Cotchery is a Steeler. Adam Shefter reported on Twitter.

Not sure I wanted him anyway, but the idea of two rookie WRs starting against Pittsburgh doesn't make me feel confident. And as others have stated, Joe may not have a chance to throw to the young guys anyway when he is running for his life.