ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

On to Jaguars

varaven45

The press conference was anti climatic. Only 1 question on Lamar's tweet. Harbaugh said they talked about it and that this  is totally out of character from the Lamar he knows. He tells the players not to get on social media after a game, especially after a loss because nothing good can happen.

If we fire Roman now, it won't change how the team plays much because we're too deep into the season for it to result in any significant change. The only plus for firing him now is that it sends a message to the team, the coaches, and the fans. I could be persuaded to let him go now for that reason alone but the better alternative is to can him and his philosophy at the end of season. If Harbaugh won't do it voluntarily then the Biscuit has to step in.

At season's end, we should tag Lamar and see what we can get in offers for him. He hasn't been the same since the team got rid of his close friend and bench buddy Marquise Brown who asked to be traded. You don't see Lamar laughing or smiling on the bench anymore. Instead he mostly sulks. Not a very mature response from Lamar. PLus I don't think his head is in the game as it was before.

Lamar needs to apologize for his disgustingly crude Twitter post. It makes him and the whole franchise look bad.

So far as team performance, I don't think it is going to change much. Wide receivers on the team aren't talented enough to produce back to back games of good performances. Cornerbacks have a nasty habit of making mental and physical blunders. And overall team coaching has now become a problem. It wasn't before, but it has also become a weak spot. Maybe Harbs has been around too long. I dunno. Not ready to throw him under the bus just yet, but this year has not been a good one for his coaching and, frankly, he looks tired out.

Now, who knows, this team might wake up as if from a feverish dream and blast the Broncos this week en route to winning the division. I don't expect it. But I can hope.

The talent level when Humphrey/Williams/Hamilton are off the field drops.  Peters is good, but not in his prime anymore, or still recovering.  I'm not TOO worried, but its concerning.  

Our offense is a joke.  I see several strong run offenses in highlights, so Roman is no longer the end all, be all in run offense gurus.  His issue in getting plays out to Lamar on time has been his Achilles for YEARS, but Harbs is on him NOW about it?  Yeah, no.  Would love to see Roman gone now, but its not feasible.  He does need to go at the end of the year.

We can't franchise Lamar AND sign Smith.  Doesn't seem financially feasible/wise.  We sign both or one.  We franchise Lamar, we shoot ourselves in the foot.  I can't see ANYONE wanting him after this year for that big a haul.

I dont know how but it seems signing Smith and Lamar would be a huge stretch and perhaps unfeasible.

Maybe it's best to part ways w Lamar - perhaps to an NFC team - in exchange for good draft capital (picks).  A change of scenery might do him well and we can turn to a new or different QB and leader on offense.  Plus, I'm hearing thar G RO might be Stanford bound.     If it were me, I'd rather clean up the offense, fortify the OL, and draft/acquire some offensive  weapons if/when we transition.

As an aside its been interesting to watch both the 49ers and Commanders this year.  Both started the year with very uncertain QB situations (esp 49ers and Garrapolo), both quietly addressed their needs - OL, RBs and WRs - and both teams/QB are playing exciting, winning football.  I'm not seeing this at all here in Bmore. 

I'm convinced that life w/o Lamar isn't as dreadful as some think.  We have a lot of young, good talent on both sides of the ball and can be competitive and playoff contenders every year.  We just need the right offense mind and leadership.       

Just my two cents, again...       

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, vmax said:

I'm kind of shocked that Lamar would Tweet and talk like that. Or even be affected by some anonymous strangers thoughts.  He lost it. Somethings really wrong in 'Lamar World.'  I didn't think he was the kind to melt down. Until this point he was such a good power of example to kids. He will have to issue a public apology statement. His image is tarnished.

Im not.  Lamar bet on himself and he ended up rolling snake eyes.  His payday is eroding with each game and the tweet he responded to basically brings that up.

3 hours ago, GrubberRaven said:

The talent level when Humphrey/Williams/Hamilton are off the field drops.  Peters is good, but not in his prime anymore, or still recovering.  I'm not TOO worried, but its concerning.  

Our offense is a joke.  I see several strong run offenses in highlights, so Roman is no longer the end all, be all in run offense gurus.  His issue in getting plays out to Lamar on time has been his Achilles for YEARS, but Harbs is on him NOW about it?  Yeah, no.  Would love to see Roman gone now, but its not feasible.  He does need to go at the end of the year.

We can't franchise Lamar AND sign Smith.  Doesn't seem financially feasible/wise.  We sign both or one.  We franchise Lamar, we shoot ourselves in the foot.  I can't see ANYONE wanting him after this year for that big a haul.

We saw the slow play call in with Cam and other OCs.  The only one I recall not having a problem with getting the plays in was Kubes and Turdy had a hands off agreement.

I hope you are wrong on tagging Lamar and signing smith.

I'm not trying to defend Lamar. The whole offense was dysfunctional. There was 5 drops Sunday. And Lamar had poor throws on 2 potential TD's. Without the 62-yard reception by Jackson (which was a beautiful throw), his numbers passing would be poor. Rushing he was solid.  Going for it on 4th and inches led to a Jags TD. 

Clock mgmt. was poor. Every game for years the play comes in late, and the team has seconds to get set and snap. Lamar hardly gets a pre snap read. 

The D was a no show in the last 2 minutes. 

3 turnovers on the road cost them. 

Blame 2 guys if you want. I saw a team loss.

I'm waiting until the season is over to render my verdict on Lamar and Roman. The Ravens have the #2 rushing attack (great) and the # 26 passing offense (really bad). They are the #9 scoring offense. Need to get up into the top 5. 

Other than Kubiak and possibly Caldwell, the Ravens have not done well with OC's.

If Lamar and Roman continue to act/play/coach the way they are now, I don't believe either will be around next year.  At least not with us. I have to think Bisciotti will make whatever moves are necessary. If not, it will be very hard for me to stomach another season of what I've seen through week 11 so far.

I can't imagine the Biscuit laying out 35-40 million for Lamar or not seeing Roman doing the same routine over and over again. He's not a stupid man.

10 hours ago, vmax said:

Other than Kubiak and possibly Caldwell, the Ravens have not done well with OC's.

The 2 that Turdbaugh didnt choose.

5 hours ago, oldno82 said:

I can't imagine the Biscuit laying out 35-40 million for Lamar or not seeing Roman doing the same routine over and over again. He's not a stupid man.

He has been gullible on football matters many other times.

• Upvote 1

Check this out......

"

But following Sunday’s 28-27 loss to the Jacksonville Jaguars, Harbaugh likely experienced deja vu after hearing comments Jaguars head coach Doug Pederson made to MMQB’s Albert Breer.

“We knew specifically how Baltimore was going to align to that formation and that type of play,” Pederson admitted. “And [Trevor Lawrence] was able to take that — and that's just a little thing — but he was able to take that from practice and throw a great pass to JaMycal (Hasty), who caught it and ran it in for that first touchdown.”

Pederson disclosed that the Jaguars ran that specific play several times during practice, explicitly for the Ravens defense.

23 hours ago, papasmurfbell said:

Falls for the same football jargon bs from different guys.

Oh please, do tell us of all your successes and rich bank accounts...Maybe Biscotti needs your inside knowledge on how to be successful...

2 hours ago, papasmurfbell said:

That has nothing to do with not understanding the intricacies of football knowledge and taking others words for it.

Again...tell us how you would apply the principles of your current football team to how the Ravens need to run theirs.  We appreciate the time you are gifting us with all your 'secrets' in successful franchise running.

50 minutes ago, GrubberRaven said:

Again...tell us how you would apply the principles of your current football team to how the Ravens need to run theirs.  We appreciate the time you are gifting us with all your 'secrets' in successful franchise running.

The coach who has weakened the team would go.   I would have a long frank convo with Eric about the way he has accumulated talent.  If upon that convo if he can justify some of the drafting and fa pickups and leaving holes in the roster while picking up pieces in areas that had redundancies built in already he can stay.  If not he has to go.  Now with Eric or his successor the search for a new HC has to start.  

Also with the GM that is here going forward a 5 yr plan on how to build the franchise should be made.

That off the top of my head is a really good start.

On 12/2/2022 at 1:51 PM, papasmurfbell said:

The coach who has weakened the team would go.   I would have a long frank convo with Eric about the way he has accumulated talent.  If upon that convo if he can justify some of the drafting and fa pickups and leaving holes in the roster while picking up pieces in areas that had redundancies built in already he can stay.  If not he has to go.  Now with Eric or his successor the search for a new HC has to start.  

Also with the GM that is here going forward a 5 yr plan on how to build the franchise should be made.

Steve's has done and knows all that.

On 12/2/2022 at 1:51 PM, papasmurfbell said:

Did that work out well for your team?  What was your record afterwards?  I bet you guys rebounded into the stratosphere.  :)

I agree to a point where Roman needs to be let go, but Harbaugh's loyalties are killing us.  Its Cameron all over again.  Lamar being hurt and being so late in the season, makes it all so complicated.  Ride the season out and wait for the mild reset in the offseason.

Apologies for the negativity.  Been turning to the Ravens for some escape from my current reality and they're not cheering me up.

On 12/5/2022 at 6:28 AM, GrubberRaven said:

Did that work out well for your team?  What was your record afterwards?  I bet you guys rebounded into the stratosphere.  :)

I agree to a point where Roman needs to be let go, but Harbaugh's loyalties are killing us.  Its Cameron all over again.  Lamar being hurt and being so late in the season, makes it all so complicated.  Ride the season out and wait for the mild reset in the offseason.

Apologies for the negativity.  Been turning to the Ravens for some escape from my current reality and they're not cheering me up.

So you are saying the same person has created the same problem again?  Like I said yrs ago when I was done with Turdbaugh.  He doesnt learn from his mistakes,  He makes them all the time.

11 hours ago, papasmurfbell said:

So you are saying the same person has created the same problem again?  Like I said yrs ago when I was done with Turdbaugh.  He doesnt learn from his mistakes,  He makes them all the time.

Sure, except for calling him Turdbaugh.  Even sounds like he's bringing in another friend who runs a similar offensive style.